Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

lift pass spreadsheet

Poster: A snowHead
does anyone know if one exists with resorts/prices?
I have seen them for USA resorts, but not europe.

Our group always work to a set budget, so easier if I subtract lift pass, transfers, flights from the budget to know what is left for accomodation.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I suspect there are too many variables: children / adults / seniors / veterans (with each resort having different age boundaries); 6/7/8 days (+ many more); local village / local valley / wider area / beginner lifts only; discounts for 2 people / 3 people / families (with different definitions); discounts for Saturdays; etc etc.

You almost need a spreadsheet for a single resort.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
A quick google shows that there isn't much of a difference for 6 day lift passes in the Dolomites, Espace Killy and Zillertal. All are between €280 and €300. And Verbier is 375 CH Francs.

I can't imagine anywhere in Europe being wildly different (other than Bulgaria), so a £300 budget should cover your planning, regardless of where you end up.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
I would guess the savings are in the deals, the dads & kids in our group always share the family deals as it’s 2 adults, doesn’t have to be mum & dad
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@Mr.Egg, Just getting the spreadsheet for a single resort can be difficult and complex. This is the one for Les Arcs alone https://www.lesarcs.com/fileadmin/user_upload/pdf/forfaits/ADS_TARIFS2020_BAT-WEB.pdf.

So if you fancy an eight day Les Arcs pass and you are over 12 but under 65 expect to pay 368€ but if the there are 3 of you in your party expect a discount of 15%.

So as @Bergmeister, says, unless you are going to Bulgaria (other central European countries are available) budget £300

ps while researching this reply I had a look at lift pass prices in Andora. In previous years they have been slightly more expensive than Les Arcs but this year they are about the same. With one exception - a big one. You get a free lift pass at 70 rather than 75 - Soldeau here I come. Well I won't.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Try here: https://www.onthesnow.co.uk/europe/skipass.html. £50 per person per day is a fair ballpark figure for planning a week plus or minus a few days, with all the caveats mentioned already for discounts and groups.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@diaphon,

Thanks, I think that is one I have seen before.

We don't need hundreds of KM of pistes. We split up over the mountain & then meet up at lunch & go off as a group.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
There are usually three seasons , low, medium and high, corresponding lift prices for each. In low, in Italy, hotels will include "free" pass for six night HB accom

Passes can be local area only or entire domain, or local area with one day in entire domain, so lots of variables
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Thanks for that link @diaphon, It makes interesting reading. Having followed on and believed @Bergmeister's, statement about most resorts being about £300 for, what I assume, is a 6 day lift pass, I was shocked to see the variety. Who would have thought that Sölden was 23% more expensive than Les Arcs for a 6 day pass.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
A very odd way to decide on where to go ...
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Bergfex has a Ski Resort Finder facility where you can set a number of search parameters, daily lift pass price being one of them, you can order them price ascending if you click on the 'Preis' header...

https://www.bergfex.com/oesterreich/suchen/

It won't tell you the6-day pass price for your group and dates, but you can get a feel of relative ski pass prices vs size of resort for example by ordering by piste length and scanning the lift pass prices.

It does depend on the prices being loaded into the search engine which seems a bit incomplete this season as some ski areas have yet to open.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
under a new name wrote:

I don't decide where to go.
The budget of the group does.

Someone will ask for a chalet
Another somewhere with a pool
or close to pub
or what about childcare, lessons, etc.
ski hire.
Transfers
So I have to factor all this is in.
I have to look at various airports for various dates.
There will always be someone who says 'to expensive'
No single person wants to share. Have you tried finding an 8 bedroom Self Catering Chalet that is not miles away from any form of life, lifts, ski runs?
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@luigi,

Thanks,
I did look there, but in a different part of the website & could not find a search option
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Mr.Egg wrote:
does anyone know if one exists with resorts/prices?
I have seen them for USA resorts, but not europe.

I'll happily make you one. But I wouldn't use it myself rolling eyes

The one I make will omit all discounts, only for peak period, adults only...

Naturally, it'll only be for Sat-Sat, as wide an area as they come. Nobody wants to ski only a limited area anyway!

God forbid if there's any lodging establishment offers lodging+lift-pass package... Banish the thought! Shocked
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Quote:

Naturally, it'll only be for Sat-Sat, as wide an area as they come. Nobody wants to ski only a limited area anyway!

A bit odd only going for the biggest area possibile and then for 8 days (sat to sat). I always tell people coing to Les Arcs not to buy a Paradiski pass unless they are coming for a busy week and they want to use the queue jumping facility. There is more than enougth skiing for 8 days in Les Arcs alone. Last season I skied about 21 days in Les Ars and went over to La Plagne precisely twice.
snow report
@johnE,

We dont tick runs off...
If there is a particular run we like (or mountain hut!), then we do it again & again. Infact, we prob plan our skiing based on beverage stops.
ski holidays
Mr.Egg wrote:
under a new name wrote:

I don't decide where to go.
The budget of the group does.

Someone will ask for a chalet
Another somewhere with a pool
or close to pub
or what about childcare, lessons, etc.
ski hire.
Transfers
So I have to factor all this is in.
I have to look at various airports for various dates.
There will always be someone who says 'to expensive'
No single person wants to share. Have you tried finding an 8 bedroom Self Catering Chalet that is not miles away from any form of life, lifts, ski runs?

I feel your pain .........having been the 'organiser' for a few of our group holidays! One of our singles won't sleep in a bunk bed - even if it is only her in the room, another wants a full oven if we are self catering and must have comfy sofa.......... I ended up just telling them this is where we are staying - if you want to ski then come - if not then enjoy looking at our pics while you're sat on your sofa at home!! Laughing
ski holidays
johnE wrote:
Quote:

A bit odd only going for the biggest area possibile and then for 8 days (sat to sat). I always tell people coing to Les Arcs not to buy a Paradiski pass unless they are coming for a busy week and they want to use the queue jumping facility. There is more than enougth skiing for 8 days in Les Arcs alone. Last season I skied about 21 days in Les Ars and went over to La Plagne precisely twice.

What? You want a free spreadsheet that is tailor to your preference? rolling eyes

What's next, someone to book your entire holiday for no commission??? Puzzled
snow report
KathE,

Wow! You have some needy mates!

Given the bunk comments etc your take it or leave it approach seems very reasonable wink
ski holidays
@Mr.Egg, your mates don't ask much of you then? I would pack it in but if you don't I hope these help.

https://www.onthesnow.co.uk/europe/skipass.html

https://skiaddict.co.uk/blog/lift-pass-prices-for-2019-20-and-how-to-save-money/

As you mentioned childcare, I assume your party includes kids. What we have found is that the kids free passes with an adult pass does vary by age, so some resorts can hand them out to kids as old as ten, which can make a decent difference in overall lift pass costs.

I would have thought though as others have said that lift pass costs are less variable and a smaller cost than the accommodation. I would get the accommodation options looked at and defined then worry about the cost of the passes next. And travel is easy to get figures for.
snow report
Sestriere (Italy) and Les Menuires (France) are by far the cheapest adult lift tickets (per km) in Europe.

Nothing else comes close for bang for yer buck.

https://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=150074
snow report
@ster,

Yes, kids ski lift prices are always tricky, but next time they will get value out of it & not just stuck on nursery slopes!

I tried recommending Austria. Got everything priced up - within budget. Lift pass was free for kids due to age, etc.
Then it all fell apart because it was a Sun-Sun trip! Laughing

Last edited by Then you can post your own questions or snow reports... on Wed 30-12-20 21:13; edited 1 time in total
latest report
@Whitegold,

yup - found a cracking chalet down the valley in St Martin. More family friendly & easier links to Meribel.
someone found an excuse not to like it & it got shelved! That was because of the lift passes & them not wanting to pay the extra £50 for the whole 3 valleys!
snow report
Mr.Egg wrote:
@Whitegold,

yup - found a cracking chalet down the valley in St Martin. More family friendly & easier links to Meribel.
someone found an excuse not to like it & it got shelved! That was because of the lift passes & them not wanting to pay the extra £50 for the whole 3 valleys!

Sounds like you associate with some very keen skiers (not!) Shocked
snow conditions
@Bergmeister,

they wont compromise.... they all voted remain as well Twisted Evil Shocked wink
latest report
@KathE, Hah! 100% correct; it gets to a point where you do the best you can and you just say "This is where we're going, it costs £X; up to you!"
ski holidays
@Mr.Egg, you are going about it the wrong way, totally.

This is how you organise a trip.

“We are going to (resort) these dates, want to join us? This is our hotel”

“ oh, yes please”

“Cool, here’s the hotel number. We’ll text you our flights”

If no-one joins you, well, that’s a lesson, isn’t it?
snow conditions
the largest variable is flights. check where and when is cheapest to fly, and plan from there
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@under a new name,

It's coming to that!

try explaining that 7+ bedroom chalets all with en-suite bathrooms, sauna/hot tub, ski in/ski out does not exist for self-catered!
snow conditions
Mr.Egg wrote:
@Bergmeister,

they all voted remain as well Twisted Evil Shocked wink

Like me, then... rolling eyes
snow report
A mate reliably informs me, that with his US military active service discount, an annual pass in Colorado is $199...
snow conditions
as if there was plenty of 7+ ensuite bedroom challets in every resort available for high season weeks. Stop dreaming, get the first you can gat your hands on.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy