Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

No season passes in the Milky Way this winter

Poster: A snowHead
All the locals to the Milky Way have just received a letter from owner John Brasso informing them that there won't be the option to buy a season pass this year. Apparently he's concerned about customers not getting value for money in a potentially Covid affected season - how very thoughtful of him. The response so far has not been favourable, and it remains to be seen whether he'll back down like he did with refunds last year. Montgenevre is independent and not affected.

My girlfriend instructs for one of the schools in Sauze d'Oulx - no idea how that's going to work if they're forced to buy day passes. Has this ever happened before?
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Unprecdented times means unprecedented actions. Presumably they'll still have to issue passes to businesses that need them for access including ski instructors (but maybe limited to when they are on the job). Locals need to wake up and understand where their community income comes from. Kill off tourists by not treating them like kings and the impacts may take longer than COVID to recover from.

Looked at objectively a season pass is a privilege not a right. But local ill feeling goes a long way so I wouldn't be surpised if you're in a phoney war with the result that season passes are restricted as to number of days per week or suchlike.

Last edited by Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person on Thu 1-10-20 15:09; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
It's along the lines of this argument which killed off residents discounts for French PdS passes.
In that you have to treat locals and non-locals alike.
Personally I think its a good thing as it means that everyone now has the same opportunity to get a discounted pass, and there is no them and us when it comes to paying for skiing. (although it still costs locals much less per day, as they amortise the cost over a greater number of days, and the accommodation is normally also sunk cost.)
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Season pass == unlimited skiing

Covid/Social distance == limited skiing

The two don't go together too well.

Those locals who react negatively, I wonder what their reaction will be if they can't use the pass every day they've paid for?
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I've been on a navigation course today with 2 Italian instructors who work here. One is from the Via Lattea area. Their inside info is that the resorts may only open at weekends when the Italians from Turin, Milan, etc tend to ski Shocked
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Any news on this? I understand there was a meeting in Cesana yesterday to debate the issues.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Sauze online have been actively encouraging people to book for the coming season so if the above is true there will be some pretty pissed off customers, myself included. I for one would not return.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@esaw1, if you mean sauzeonline.com they aren't the official resort site
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@ecureuil, I'm aware of that but it doesn't alter the facts.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Resorts are in a bit of a no win situation:
- don't limit skiers per day and everyone is upset because long queues and social distancing is difficult
- don't sell season passes and locals are upset because skiing because too expensive
- sell season passes and if then resorts have to lockdown to covid everyone complains.

Easy to complain, not so easy to solve the problem!
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Quote:
Easy to complain, not so easy to solve the problem!

Why should the solution be “easy”?

If it is, we would have been back to normal life by now and the pandemic is but a footnote.

The “complaints” are just a balance check on those proposed solutions, from the group that would be negatively affected.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@abc, Well said!
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
We have three weeks booked in Sauze from 16 Jan until the 7 Feb 2021, with this info, of possible weekend only openings, we may look else where for skiing Sad
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@Echo4, My sentiments exactly. I have two weeks from 27th of Jan booked. I have emailed Sauze.com and the tourist office to see what I can find out and will update here if I hear anything. If it's a non starter I'll possibly head off to Cervinia instead. I'm fortunate in that quarantine on return is not a problem for me.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
No sooner said.....
Just had a firm assurance from the Sauze tourist office that they have no intention of only opening at the weekends.
@Echo4, If you would like a copy of the email just send me a PM and I'll forward the reply to you.
latest report
@boarder2020, Q.E.D.
snow report
@abc the solution isn't easy. But some people would rather complain that accept there are no easy solutions right now. Whatever decision resorts make is going to upset some people.
snow conditions
@boarder2020, @esaw1, Yeah I'm happy to work with or do what is necessary to get some skiing while keeping everybody safe and well Smile
snow report
From neveitalia.it

Wednesday 30 September
For the 2020/2021 winter season, the Vialattea ski area will not sell seasonal ski passes due to the uncertainties related to the Covid-19 pandemic.

The President of the company that manages the plants, Giovanni Brasso , made it known through a letter sent to all subscribers of the previous season. The letter reads: "In light of possible and new restrictions and being no longer able to ensure the continuous and certain use of the structures that allow you to fully experience the ski season in Vialattea and consequently taking note that the offer could also drastically reduce, more we can not help but give up at least for this year, against our will, the marketing of the seasonal ski pass. Among other things, in addition to the risks of a pandemic, it should be remembered that we are forced to proceed in the direction just indicated by the fact that to date we do not have the certainty of how and if public snow-making systems will come into operation., if only because it would be operations which are by their nature unpleasant and laborious ".

The letter from the President Giovanni Brasso goes on to say: " We will find other and effective forms of loyalty ... formulas that take into account the needs of all our customers ".

Anyone got any information on these "other and effective forms of loyalty"?

Or has there been a reconsideration of the season pass?
ski holidays
I emailed the Sauze tourist office asking for clarification and got this reply:

"Info Sauze/TurismoTorino info.sauze@turismotorino.org
Wed 28/10/2020 17:15

Hi from Sauze d'oulx Tourist Office,
I confirme you that Via Lattea will not be offering a Season Ski Pass.
For all the other info please contact the lift company at their e.mail address: info@vialattea.it or visit their web site"
ski holidays
45 day pass now on sale : https://www.vialattea.it/Portals/0/Docs/Skipass/prezzi_MultiDayPass.pdf
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy