Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

La Chapelle d'Abondance

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
We are staying in La Chapelle d'Abondance for a long weekend in February, hotel is the Chambred'Hotel La Petite Bergerie

Hope someone can help, I am trying to find out the frequency of the buses running up to Chatel, and how late do they run, could'nt any info on the Chatel web site.

We do have a car, but four plus ski's could be a bit tight !!
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I think getting between villages in the Abondance valley means the valley buses - https://en.chatel.com/colombus-line-c.html
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I'm not quite sure why finding this would be so difficult? https://www.chatel.com/medias/images/prestataires/382061-horaires_ligne_colombus.pdf
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
https://www.mairie-chatel.com/Chatel-Bus
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thank you all
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
On a positive note you don't really need to be going to Chatel of an evening. There are several restaurants within walking distance of your chalet; I recommend l'Atelier de Jacky for good food, not too fussy, not too Savoyard, and the Fer Rouge, my favourite pub with some excellent home-brewed beers, including a proper bitter on handpump.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Agreed, we spent a few holidays in La Chappelle and really liked the town. As a ski base it’s a tad low, though. Our kids took their first lessons on the town slope. We drove to Châtelet a few times but we weren’t 6…
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@Chaletbeauroc, +1. Fer Rouge is excellent for watching 6 nations too.
Also How can you mention eating in La Chapelle without mentioning Les Cornettes which has been in the Michelin guide since 1933?
..... and going downstairs to the toilets via the museum which starts out as a coffee grinder display and gets continually weirder, until you come up by the pool having bumped into a butt-naked german family exiting the Sauna.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Pasigal wrote:
Agreed, we spent a few holidays in La Chappelle and really liked the town. As a ski base it’s a tad low, though. Our kids took their first lessons on the town slope. We drove to Châtelet a few times but we weren’t 6…

FIFY
We drove to Châtelet a few times but we weren’t 6...00 KMs away from from where we needed to be for a reason. We left the router on a needed to return to Paris to switch it off. Châtelet is low for a ski base, its around 35m above sea level, but its pretty handy as a base for visiting the Louvre, the Pont Neuf and the Pompidou Centre.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
OuatteDePhoque wrote:
Pasigal wrote:

FIFY
We drove to Châtelet a few times but we weren’t 6...00 KMs away from from where we needed to be for a reason. We left the router on a needed to return to Paris to switch it off. Châtelet is low for a ski base, its around 35m above sea level, but its pretty handy as a base for visiting the Louvre, the Pont Neuf and the Pompidou Centre.

OK, Mr. Seal, you got me. we live in paris so phone autocorrects to chatelet from chatel...
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
OuatteDePhoque wrote:
Also How can you mention eating in La Chapelle without mentioning Les Cornettes which has been in the Michelin guide since 1933?

Always looks a bit too fancy and pretentious, not our sort of thing (more specifically not my wife's, for whom about half of the menu is out of bounds as she doesn't eat fish or seafood) so never tried it.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Chaletbeauroc wrote:
On a positive note you don't really need to be going to Chatel of an evening. There are several restaurants within walking distance of your chalet; I recommend l'Atelier de Jacky for good food, not too fussy, not too Savoyard, and the Fer Rouge, my favourite pub with some excellent home-brewed beers, including a proper bitter on handpump.

Agree with this - restaurants are much better in LCdA and we often drive from Chatel to dine at Jacky's, Clos Savoyard (Camden beer on tap) or Fer Rouge.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Chaletbeauroc wrote:
OuatteDePhoque wrote:

Always looks a bit too fancy and pretentious, not our sort of thing (more specifically not my wife's, for whom about half of the menu is out of bounds as she doesn't eat fish or seafood) so never tried it.

Really you should try it. It's not fancy, its just good quality ingredients done well.
TBF I don't eat seafood or shellfish if I am not near the sea either, but there's still normally plenty delicious stuff on the menus.
The set menu price has crept up a bit, but still good value for what you get.
It's not nouvelle cuisine, so if you go fo 3 courses, you get 3 big plate-loads of food.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
OuatteDePhoque wrote:

It's not nouvelle cuisine, so if you go fo 3 courses, you get 3 big plate-loads of food.

I don't consider that a good thing, TBH. We all eat far too much anyway and I really hate to feel obliged to finish up a too-large plate just because it's delicious, IYSWIM.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy