Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Geneva Airport Car Hire Desks

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Question for those of you familiar with Geneva airport car hire desks on the swiss side. Do Avis and Budget share a desk? Asking because last few years we have booked with Avis as they have never had long queues, unlike Enterprise, Alamo, Dollar etc where we've seen huge queues and heard collecting car can take hours. However Avis prices are creeping up and up, whilst Budget seems more reasonable, so if they share a desk I am assuming Budget queues would also be ok? Thanks in advance.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Up until March 8th they shared a desk (and returns team in the car park), I don't know how many people have flown through in the meantime to give a newer view.

It's generally ok, but I have seem some horrendous queues at peak times; last year it was 20-30 mins (can't remember if it was Xmas or Feb half term) and preferred was no better than normal, mainly due to a guy at the front who was having an argument with the staff when I arrived, and still having it when I left... Probably a snowhead, I can think of 1 or 2 candidates Happy

It's well worth getting Avis preferred membership (free) as they seem happy for me to use it to pick up Budget cars.

P.S. off-piste may not be the ideal forum for this!
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@trmacc, Yes Avis and Budget share a desk. Last season we used both and found the queues some of the worst. We’ve got preferred with Avis but often found 3 people in front of us in the preferred queue (and not even a Saturday)

Europcar lines sometimes look long but they seem to have more staff so it moves quickly.

I’m back at Geneva Airport on Wednesday for the first time since 13 March so will report back any changes.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@muppet, thanks, would be good if you reported back. Last year in February we were with Avis and no one in queue in front of us, but National and Dollar queues were huge. I might check out Europcar too, thanks. I've got preferred thanks @snowdave, was thinking I could probably use it if they were on same desk. Sorry if this is on wrong thread....
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Ahh ok, Resort Reviews would have been a better place, going to post a similar question on there. THANKS.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy