Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Half Term Grand Massif esp Morillon

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
We did once go the Grand Massif pre-kids but thinking of their again for HT Feb 2021 as we did enjoy the skiing.

I expect that the traffic will be awful like it has been to / from La Clusaz and Les Contamines the last 2 years so that's not an issue. Kids will be 11 & 9 so can cope with it. My question is for local knowledge - is staying at Morillon Esserts a duff choice as there would be v limited apres (ie restaurants and a cheeky half before 8pm-ish) & facilities like supermarkets or would it be OK for a family week? We don't need hire shops. Thanks for the help!
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Les Esserts is a place we really like as it's soooooo very convenient to stay there right on the snow. No connects to make, no bus, no up / down lift to lower accommodations etc, well you get the picture Very Happy

Easy to get back to if family didn't ski all day, good restaurants for lunch "le beu" "l'igloo" are in that Morillon ski area too.

As you expect, compact. A few places for a drink at end of day, small supermarket but supplies good range, without ripoff margin.

But if you have a car anyway, then evening drive to samoens and visit larger supermarket between the two. It's a nice place to walk around in the evening with a few restaurant and bar too.

There's a better route up from the main autoroute too if it's busy traffic as it avoids the main toll at Cluses, plus the principal direction of peak traffic ( I'll have to look it up for you if interested) .
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@always29, We have tended to stay in Les Carroz as we like the CGH residence there. I do not know much about the shops/restaurants in Les Esserts as we have never actually stayed there. However you could do your shop at Super U as you leave the motorway.

In terms of skiing I think Morillon would be a good base and you would be spoiled for choice with mountain eateries. We like Chalet D'Clair which is owned by the same people who own L'Igloo mentioned above. +1 for Le beu creperie.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@ski3, @snowymum, thanks for that. Now to try and find suitable accommodation.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy