Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Arc 2000 Christmas Dinner

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi All
Any recommendations for Christmas Dinner /65th Birthday Dinner for 25/12/22.
We're staying at the source des les arcs in 2000 but happy to pop down on the gondola to 1950.
Haven't stayed that side of les arcs in the last 10 years so not sure what's available
TIA Very Happy
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@Liv7, My recollection is that there are plenty of decent restaurants in Arc2000. They should be relatively or even very quiet on the 25th so I doubt if booking is necessary., but if the party is big it may be a good idea.
And congratulations for the 65th birthday. Welcome to the discount lift pass club.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
If you are pushing the boat out, look at the Taj I Mah in 2000. It has 2 restaurants and both are great

If its more lunch time, try 2134 in 2000. Its on the roof and accessed via a lift up to the ice rink from memory - if you enter 2000, its the white ish tower on the left about half way along the row of bars/shops

Or Belliou La Fumee at the bottom of the Pre Saint Esprit lift
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Quote:
If you are pushing the boat out, look at the Taj I Mah in 2000.
Are sprout bhajis and turkey tikka masala on the Christmas Day specials board? Very Happy
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
After I popped the question to the now Mrs Parttimer in 2011 (she said yes) we all went for lunch at what memory, a piste map and Google combine to tell me was Les Chalets de l'Arc - great food. I think the homemade wood-fired oven bread was probably the best I've ever had. It's on the piste but not that far from 2000 itself - the first-time snowboarder in our group walked it without any problems.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@mountainaddict,
Quote:

Are sprout bhajis and turkey tikka masala on the Christmas Day specials board?

Have you seen the menu for the Taj i Mah? Possibly the most expensive restaurant outside Courcheval and Megeve in the Alpes. And sadly not a sprout or bharji or any masala in sight.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
parttimer wrote:
After I popped the question to the now Mrs Parttimer in 2011 (she said yes) we all went for lunch at what memory, a piste map and Google combine to tell me was Les Chalets de l'Arc - great food. I think the homemade wood-fired oven bread was probably the best I've ever had. It's on the piste but not that far from 2000 itself - the first-time snowboarder in our group walked it without any problems.

Wood fired bread oven sounds fantastic!! Hopefully our 1st timer skier can make it there, will have to reccy first thing on xmas eve.

I'm sure my dad will be thrilled to find out he can be the proud owner of a discounted ski pass Laughing
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
If you are in 2000, there is a walking path that goes to Chalet de l'Arc. Its not far and the path is signposted as a path

If you are leaving 2000, it starts just after the Taj hotel
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@parttimer, When we were there for lunch over the Xmas holidays a few years back they gave me a loaf to take away Laughing Although it was not far to ski back to 2000 doing so with a fresh loaf tucked inside my jacket was a novelty!
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
CaravanSkier wrote:
@parttimer, When we were there for lunch over the Xmas holidays a few years back they gave me a loaf to take away Laughing Although it was not far to ski back to 2000 doing so with a fresh loaf tucked inside my jacket was a novelty!

Living the skiing dream! Fresh crusty bread and mountain air! Surprised it made it back to your hotel!
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Quote:

@Liv7, My recollection is that there are plenty of decent restaurants in Arc2000. They should be relatively or even very quiet on the 25th so I doubt if booking is necessary., but if the party is big it may be a good idea.

I would pretty strongly disagree with the second half of that. Booking for Christmas day (probably well in advance) is likely to be essential.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Liv7 wrote:
CaravanSkier wrote:

Living the skiing dream! Fresh crusty bread and mountain air! Surprised it made it back to your hotel!

If we had not just had a very filling lunch it might not have made it back Laughing
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@stevomcd, My experience of Arc1600 is that when going out for dinner on the evening of Christmas day the restaurants are almost deserted. We have been the only ones in on occaisons. This contrasts strongly with Christmas eve where everywhere is fully booked out and expensive. I suppose it depends on the resort and which day of the week Chhristmas falls.

Having said that this year we will be cooking dinner in the apartment.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@johnE, in Sainte Foy, Tignes, Val, etc. everywhere will be totally rammed (often weeks in advance). I guess it's the more British clientel!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy