Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

PSA: BCA Tracker 2 transceiver software update

Poster: A snowHead
I know quite a few people have the Tracker 2. BCA have issued a software update, but you need to send it back to them to be sorted. Details and request form here: https://backcountryaccess.com/t2-software-update/
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@Scarlet, Thanks for the heads-up on that.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@Scarlet, thank you. On it.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Anyone know where the serial number is? I've looked in the battery compartment, but I'm pretty sure it's not "AAA/LR03 ALKALINE".

I have the original box which has a sticker on it reading:

1-13827/0009/21007

Does that look anything like?
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Mine has a tiny white sticker in the battery compartment with a barcode and a number on – I figured it was this? I reckon they'll email and tell me to try again if it's wrong, but there's no indication on what format we're looking for Confused
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
@Mosha Marc, for christ sake man, it's not hard:

Unless of course you've removed the sticker Laughing Laughing Laughing
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@spyderjon, yes, that's what I was talking about.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Well of course I removed the sticker!

Horrible paper crap in my nice electrical thingy.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Scuppered!

snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
@Mosha Marc, Is it not also written on the box?
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Mosha Marc wrote:
Well of course I removed the sticker!

Horrible paper crap in my nice electrical thingy.

There's a 'Notes' box on their online form were you can explain your stupidity! Laughing
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@Scarlet, not in that format I'm afraid.

@spyderjon, there doesn't appear to be the option to complete it in crayon Crying or Very sad
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
mine is still there but I did think it's a daft and not very permanent solution to a serial number!!
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
kitenski wrote:
.......not very permanent solution to a serial number!!

I bought mine in 2010 so ten years old and still going strong seems pretty good Very Happy
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Mines from 2013, must just be a @Mosha Marc issue
snow report
Scarlet,

Thanks very much.

I'm not sure we would have found out about this in the absence of your post.
snow report
@Bergmeister, no probs, though I shamelessly nicked it off Fall Line, I think Laughing
ski holidays
@Bergmeister, it’s been hitting my email inbox 2x a week for about a month and I don’t even have a BCA 2.
snow report
Markymark29,

No emails for us, despite being the proud owners of BCAT2s. rolling eyes
latest report
It'll depend whose lists you're on. I haven't seen anything about it other than one post on FB, which I why I put it here.

I just got an email from K2 Warranty Germany telling me they'll email a UPS label and then I have to take it to the UPS depot which is just down the road. They estimate 10 days turnaround.
snow report
I wouldn't have known about it either if Scarlet hadn't posted.

Gold star and choose a treat.
snow report
@Markymark29, Did I buy a couple of Tracker 2's off you? wink
snow conditions
@GeorgeVII, think so, we met for handover in Bolton Retail park?
latest report
@Markymark29, Correct. I'd better dig them out of the loft and have a look for the serial numbers.
latest report
@GeorgeVII, here’s a link from the email i received, explains what to do.....I’m not sure you need the serial number, I’d send them to the Germany address and they’ll do the necessary i think.

https://backcountryaccess.com/T2-software-update/
latest report
Are people going to bother? All it seems to do it add a beep for when it's in power saving mode, which only happens if you forget to turn it off for 12 hours. Doesn't seem particularly vital?
snow report
Meltus wrote:
Are people going to bother? All it seems to do it add a beep for when it's in power saving mode, which only happens if you forget to turn it off for 12 hours. Doesn't seem particularly vital?

I have bothered. Not to get the 'extra beep' as that's of no importance to me but I felt it was an opportunity to have the transceiver fully tested/checked over etc.
ski holidays
@spyderjon, good thinking that....I’ve got the T3 and that 12 hour beep is a great thing, it wakes you up in the dead of night when you’re fast asleep and you have to get up and trip over all your gear in the dark to locate your ABS rucksack where you’re sure your av tranceiver was last seen.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@Markymark29, Thanks for that Mark.
snow report
I think the serial number is probably so that they can reunite the updated device with its rightful owner as well as to log which ones have been done. If you don't have a serial number, it's probably worth taping your name and address inside instead.
ski holidays
How long does it usually take them to respond to the request?
snow report
@Mosha Marc, a long time!! had no reply at all myself, I guess they are a bit overwhelmed!
latest report
spyderjon wrote:
Meltus wrote:

I have bothered. Not to get the 'extra beep' as that's of no importance to me but I felt it was an opportunity to have the transceiver fully tested/checked over etc.

that was my thinking as well!! Plus they may have fixed any tiny bugs
latest report
Mosha Marc wrote:

It took about 4 or 5 days to get an acknowledgement and then another couple to get the UPS info through. Judging by the quality of the copy/paste on the UPS label rolling eyes this is a manual process and I guess they've had quite a few...
snow conditions
@Scarlet, interesting I've had no acknowledgement at all in the UK, any other UK folk had acknowledgement?
ski holidays
kitenski wrote:
@Scarlet, interesting I've had no acknowledgement at all in the UK, any other UK folk had acknowledgement?

The process is slightly different depending upon which country you're in.

For the UK then upon receipt of the online form (as linked to in Scarlet's opening post) the factory will contact the UK distributor (Mountail Sports in Edinburgh) and they'll then email you a prepaid Royal Mail label to send the unit to the UK distributor. It'll take about 7-10 days for that to happen from the date you sent the online form.
ski holidays
@spyderjon, cheers, email arrived with the postage label literally seconds ago...
ski holidays
Mosha Marc wrote:

It'll probably take longer for 'spcial needs' customers Toofy Grin
latest report
They've told me that if I can't be trusted to leave the serial number alone, then there's little point in updating the thing as I wouldn't have the mental ability to switch it on anyway!

How rude.
snow conditions
Received my email and shipping label from Mountain Sports this morning.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy