Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

ESF Cancellation

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
We are booked for February Half term 2021 and that’s COVID protected, cancellable etc etc. However, I believe ESF are open for booking this month and I can’t see any information (if there is any) on cancellation due to COVID. On the basis the ankle biters require lessons for their development as well as myself and the Mrs having some decent skiing to ourselves, wondering if I’m at the stage of losing money if the holiday doesn’t go ahead. Might be able to claim from credit card and possibly travel insurance if they decide to cover COVID.
If this has already been covered a point in the right direction would be appreciated.
I’m not looking for a debate on whether we should/should not be planning to go at all, each their own, just information if anyone has the Intel.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@James77,

where are you going?
ESF Tignes refunded all lesson bookings at the end if last season due to covid. That is also the plan this year.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I think it’s a valid point, last year the resorts were closed, this year they might not be but many U.K. families will not go due to having to 14 days isolate on return, the French may well see that as being your choice as they are full of French people skiing
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I agree with @Jonny996 where its likely the resorts will operate with distancing measures but the current UK Govt travel warning and 14 day quarantine may force your hand. I would wait before booking unless they have a reasonable cancellation policy with suitable advance warning. Chatel ESF refunded our pre-booked lessons scheduled for Easter when they shut down in March without any quibbles.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
stewart woodward wrote:
@James77,

where are you going?
ESF Tignes refunded all lesson bookings at the end if last season due to covid. That is also the plan this year.

We are going to Flaine.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Ozboy wrote:
I agree with @Jonny996 where its likely the resorts will operate with distancing measures but the current UK Govt travel warning and 14 day quarantine may force your hand. I would wait before booking unless they have a reasonable cancellation policy with suitable advance warning. Chatel ESF refunded our pre-booked lessons scheduled for Easter when they shut down in March without any quibbles.

Half Term is very busy I'm unsure how long I can leave it until they become fully booked (if they do) can we wait until early January to book?

I could book direct with Erna Low who I have booked Eurotunnel and accomodation with but from what I recall they don't have the choice booking direct gives you.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@James77, o don’t know about Flaine but never been a problem booking around Christmas time for half term in Chatel. There are bound to be openings given booking numbers will be much lower.

I don’t think brits will be booking early due to uncertainties about Covid, school kids quarantining, travel and health insurance, jobs/economy and brexit (losing EHIC).
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I was skiing with beginner friends for half term this year and even the ones who ignored all my "Bookings have opened for ski school and, as it's half term it may book up quickly" so only got to it a few weeks before the trip were able to get spaces. The difference between them and the friends who DID read/act on my emails was the late bookers had to settle for PM lessons, as all the AM spaces were long gone.

No guarantees but that would suggest you don't need to rush if you're willing to be flexible on when you do the family skiing/when you do the decent skiing with your wife.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Mjit wrote:
I was skiing with beginner friends for half term this year and even the ones who ignored all my "Bookings have opened for ski school and, as it's half term it may book up quickly" so only got to it a few weeks before the trip were able to get spaces. The difference between them and the friends who DID read/act on my emails was the late bookers had to settle for PM lessons, as all the AM spaces were long gone.

No guarantees but that would suggest you don't need to rush if you're willing to be flexible on when you do the family skiing/when you do the decent skiing with your wife.

Thank you we are relatively flexible. However, unsure sure if this is restricted to the ESF in Flaine or all children lessons with ESF but the kids alternate morning and afternoon so you do pm one day and am the next, they need to be on the same schedule although different levels or we'll have a child with us all day which means no free time to do as we please for a few hours.

If Erna Low offer the same (felt a little more limited, but I'll investigate) might be sensible to book lessons though them too as the whole lot is covered under their cancellation Ts&Cs. I do prefer to book lessons and passes separately as I think you save particularly with ski passes that usually offer discount.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I've received confirmation from the ESF in Flaine that if we are not allowed to travel to France or a member of your party comes down with C19 prior to travel a refund will be given.

Very generous I think
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy