Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

What lubricant to use for bindings? For a stiff Marker Duke heel locking lever

Poster: A snowHead
What lubricant is appropriate to use for bindings? I assume it's a silicone grease of some sort but is any particular type or brand recommended?

Just got my new skis with Marker Dukes. With the heel released for touring, the ski - tour lever mechanism is quite stiff and awkward to lock back into the ski position. The lever on one binding is easier to lock but the other seems tricky even when I'm pressing hard on the heel piece to hold it into against the track. I was wondering if a bit of lubricant in the tracks will help it? Last thing I want is to be faffing with a unlocked binding at the top of a backcountry climb..
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
johnnyrotten, try this.

Saw a number of Dukes last week in Verbier as a number of instructors were using them. A number of them had had your problem as well the lever icing up & difficulty clicking-in in soft snow.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
spyderjon, Thanks - you may get an order. I'll see if I can make it out of your shop door without buying full tuning kit too, it's quite tempting Toofy Grin

I'd be interested in experiences from Duke users who've done some touring on them. I'm looking at the track on the base under the released heel and thinking I should put a old toothbrush into my touring pack to make sure I can clean out any packed snow and ice, it doesn't look like it'll take much to interfere with the locking mechanism.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
johnnyrotten, there's an on-going Duke thread on TGR & a number of those guys are already are already carrying a toothbrush to do exactly that.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Off topic, but for other bindings ( salomon 912ti) what would you recomend? White spray grease, wd40?
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
johnDUB, DO NOT attempt to re-lube or grease your bindings. Modern bindings are not designed to be relubed, and do not need it providing that you treat them decently. However the heel track & the AFD (if it's a sliding one) should be lubed with a silicone lube approx every 30 days of use. Also the vast majority of all bindings on the market have at least some plastic parts that can be very easily damaged by the solvents found in most greases and lubricants.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I thought that, but worth an ask. I have some silicon lube, so 'ill clean the afd up. I've done nothing to the bindings apart from remount them with an axe plus plate and my daughters ( sorry ) screws out of her snow blades to hold em on. I did Superglue the screws in.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Hi,

I have Marker Kingpin 13, Do i have to losen the springs for summer, and do I have to grease/lubricate the bindings???
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Holy moly, a 12 year necrobump!
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Welcome to snowHeads @Manual, snowHead
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Just like 12 years ago I'm sure @spyderjon will be along in a sec to answer @Manual's question!
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Hahaha just wondering is this site still active? or do they have an alternative page now NehNeh
Love this one though! Toofy Grin Very Happy
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
No need to reduce the din settings. Lightly grease the heel track and the ski/walk lever pivot. Store the bindings with the toes in the closed position (as though there was a boot in) and the heels open. Use a PG75 grease (for metal to plastic & plastic to plastic) or a silicon grease.

Last edited by So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much on Wed 13-05-20 17:14; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Thank you much appreciated Very Happy
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@Manual, snowHeads is certainly still active... very much so!
snow report
admin wrote:
@Manual, snowHeads is certainly still active... very much so!

Yeah but . . . some of us can barely fall out of bed for a prostate problem, let alone fer summat about 'lubricants' Shocked what kind of smut is this whippersnapper trying to foist on us?
snow conditions
Sorry to hear that, hope u recover quick. As long as u shreded, u didn't miss out on your life! Madeye-Smiley
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy