Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Eurotunnel frequent traveller 1 yr validity

Poster: A snowHead
Hi All. Appreciate that this is a minor point in the current situation, but....

Anybody heard anything about whether Eurotunnel will extend the validity of the books of 10 frequent traveller tickets?

We buy a book of 10 and share with some friends, but it’s likely that we won’t get to use 6 of them before the 12 months is up.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I’m in the same situation, if this goes on all summer I will have 10 unused crossings so circa £1500.
Hopefully they will allow some kind of extension but no sign of any offers just yet.
Fingers crossed
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Me too
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
If I find anything out I'll let you know!

For historical reasons I'm not the primary account holder, although I do more trips. The primary traveller's wife is up to her neck in a virus-affected job right now so I won't bother them in the near future.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@Matt1959, Helen B. asked on Twitter today and got a detailed response, Unfortunately as this is snowHeads I can't copy it onto here. If you have a look at Eurotunnel Le Shuttle on Twitter you should find it.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
@LeShuttle are there any plans to extend the validity of our frequent traveller tickets? Many of us have tickets which will otherwise expire.

Hi Helen, every case will be looked at and been advised for theses requests please use our online form giving as much as details as you can and our dedicated team will get back to you
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I have asked Which (Consumers Association) to look into this.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
THis was the link to the form http://ow.ly/ycr630qt4mg
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Anyone made any progress on this?
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Got a reply from Eurotunnel today, they have extended my account validity by three months.
They said in short ........
“As this is an exceptional offer, I hope you will appreciate that we will not be able to make such an offer again”
Hmm so I’m very grateful for the three month extension but I fear that I will still lose the use of some of my crossings as the extension is from mid November to mid February which misses the main period that I use crossings.
Any observations as to how reasonable this offer is ?
I have mixed feelings along the lines of why should Eurotunnel take all the loss, is it reasonable for me to take part of the hit financially.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I haven't had a reply from Eurotunnel yet. My last two bookings (made before 14th March were for 17th March for 5 days and 26th March until 6th April. My year ended on 7th April !. We would normally go out for the last week of the skiing season and stay an additional week to paint and refresh the apartment. Arc 1950 is even better without people (for a few days!) I'll post again if I have anything from Eurotunnel.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
We expire at the start of June and have moved/parked our 2 remaining (booked) trips from Easter to May half term holidays but that is me being optimistic. Am in two minds whether I will bother seeking an extension yet as I am assuming they will probably implement a blanket policy to automatically extend everyone. This is my third lot of 10 and independently to CV I was questioning the value of these due to the diminishing slots being allocated to FT during busy days and also wanting to mix in flexi-plus on some busy return legs.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I saw a tweet on Eurotunnel feed from a few days explaining they are working on a solution for affected FT holders as their systems are limited to extensions upto one year form the purchase date. In the meantime they suggest we compete their online form for urgent cases.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I acknowledge your concerns and whilst we are unable to extend the validity of your wallet, there are two options available to you as a gesture of goodwill in view of your loyalty to our service.

Option A) We will inactivate your account and issue a discount voucher to the value of the remaining tickets (£184). This discount voucher will be valid for a year from the date of issue and can be used against either a new ticket booked directly through our Contact Centre or towards Frequent Traveller peak time supplements. It cannot be used against the cost of opening a new account.

Option B) We are prepared to refund the four unused crossings (£184), once you have opened a new Frequent Traveller wallet. This offer will be valid for redemption for six months from today. If you decide to open a new Frequent Traveller wallet, please contact us with the new wallet name, and we will arrange to refund the cost of the two unused legs on your expired wallet.

As these are both exceptional offers, I hope you will appreciate that we will not be able to make such an offer again.

We look forward to hearing from you at your convenience with your preferred choice."
I have now received a reply from Eurotunnel. I hope I can paste it here:-

"I acknowledge your concerns and whilst we are unable to extend the validity of your wallet, there are two options available to you as a gesture of goodwill in view of your loyalty to our service.

Option A) We will inactivate your account and issue a discount voucher to the value of the remaining tickets (£184). This discount voucher will be valid for a year from the date of issue and can be used against either a new ticket booked directly through our Contact Centre or towards Frequent Traveller peak time supplements. It cannot be used against the cost of opening a new account.

Option B) We are prepared to refund the four unused crossings (£184), once you have opened a new Frequent Traveller wallet. This offer will be valid for redemption for six months from today. If you decide to open a new Frequent Traveller wallet, please contact us with the new wallet name, and we will arrange to refund the cost of the two unused legs on your expired wallet.

As these are both exceptional offers, I hope you will appreciate that we will not be able to make such an offer again.

We look forward to hearing from you at your convenience with your preferred choice."
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Eurotunnel have extended my FT account by 12 months, which for me makes them one of the good guys.
snow report
Extended mine by 3 months! Currently expires end July and they’ve extended until end October. TBH that will be enough time for the two families to get through our six remaining tickets, assuming that we can travel within a couple of months.
snow conditions
@jbob, when did your original FT commence? I’m about to plead my case as I’ve only managed to use one of the three returns I had planned over the ski season.
ski holidays
@jbob, +1
Only had one trip left expiring at end of May - has been extended 12 months
snow conditions
@Matt1959, hi how did you go about requesting this? We run out early June and have 2 crossings to use but limited as we have a member of our family who is high risk and shielding until 15 June.
snow conditions
I had 4 left due to run out in October. I sent an email. Ok a couple of weeks to reply.
I’m chuffed, as I’m intending to keep a low profile for quite a while.
snow report
@Ozboy, Actually it wasn’t me - our friend is the account holder and he sent an email. Further up this thread there is a link you can use to contact them.
snow report
Matt1959 wrote:
@Ozboy, Actually it wasn’t me - our friend is the account holder and he sent an email. Further up this thread there is a link you can use to contact them.

Thanks for pointing me to the link.
snow conditions
After reading the latest posts I recontacted eurotunnel to ask for an improvement in their 3 month offer. I got a quick reply extending my account for a year and they mentioned that they would shortly be emailing all frequent traveller account holders to offer a 12 month extension.
Good news!
snow report
Great news - thanks for the update
ski holidays
@Honeybadgerversion2, Yes, great news, will be looking out for that mail, got 7, shared between 2 of us, that run out in October Sad
latest report
Just received the email extending validity by 12 months. Very Happy
latest report
Yup. Mail just come through today.
ski holidays
Ditto!
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Ditto ! Fair do's to Eurotunnel Very Happy
snow report
Yes, happy with that approach
ski holidays
Have been watching this as we bought our new set of tickets in Feb-20. Used 4 (just!) before lock down with 6 to be used by Feb-21. Received an email today to say the expiry date had been extended by 12 months. Fair play to Eurotunnel as I was expecting less Very Happy .
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy