Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Perhaps some consolation for those missing Easter trips

Poster: A snowHead
I've been here every April since 2007 and the snow below 2400m is worse than I've ever seen. Like most places we finished on 14th March and by and large it had been quite a decent winter. Since I can only remember 2 days of light snow but mostly wall to wall sunshine and high temperatures. The past 2 weeks I've mostly been perfecting my tan on the balcony in shorts and t shirt. Things would obviously be better higher but I cant imagine they're particularly good. No way would skiing at resort level or back to resort be possible unless the powers that be could really work miracles. In comparison I've skied back down on closing day, last Saturday in April, for the last 6 years. So save your money for next year.

Photo from an hour or so ago.

snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I like your thinking.

We'd normally ski late season (school holidays) but ironically were passing this year because my son was doing an French exchange. So I am glad it's been a poor tail end of the season - all be it for alternative reasons.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Yes, where we live by Lake Geneva it has been in the mid-20's over the weekend and my tan is coming along nicely. The snow on the Jura behind us and the French mountains across the lake has almost gone.

Mid-April last year we were in Zermatt, almost everything was open down to resort, and we had a day when we got 20cms or so of fresh snow in the village. The year before that was even better.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
It does make quite a big difference when they stop maintaining the pistes though. I am always amazed what they can eek out.

Would have loved to have been in the alps - even if the snow isn’t great - but it does soften the blow!
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I've the same shot from 4th and 26th April last year showing full cover down to resort after overnight snow.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
@Chamboy, It does but I'd be amazed if they could have done much.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Loads of snow in Flachau and very skiable down the valley. 2000mtrs down to 900mtrs
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@holidayloverxx, it's been snowing today!
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@queenie pretty please, <sigh>
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Webcams in la Plagne looked really good for last week at 2000m and above (it may be worse below, but that's always a gamble in any year for mid-April). Plus it was bluebird days all week.

Appreciate your thinking though, although it hasn't softened the blow for me personally!
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I've been checking the webcams in Les Arcs ( I would have been heading there on Saturday) and there seems to be plenty of snow on the pistes down as far as 1800m, at least, and that's without any piste bashing for the last month. :Sad face:
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Should have arrived in Saas-Fee yesterday; webcams looking excellent! Little consolation although no big deal in the great scheme of things...
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
La Rosiere and Montgenevre still look good to resort level. Lower parts of Grand Massif would have struggled.

We had not booked for this Easter due to son's A levels although of course he doesn't have those anymore!
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Tbh I'm happy with conditions here wink Looking up at great snow would make things harder and the weather has been ideal for taking my hour exercise, wandering up to the shop and lazing about on the balcony in the sun Very Happy
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
holidayloverxx wrote:
Loads of snow in Flachau and very skiable down the valley. 2000mtrs down to 900mtrs

Really? Snow line here's not far off 2000m, and has been for weeks. Confused Probably better up the valley a bit after last night's snow though.
latest report
@Scarlet, webcams look great
snow report
Claude B wrote:
I've been here every April since 2007 and the snow below 2400m is worse than I've ever seen. Like most places we finished on 14th March and by and large it had been quite a decent winter. Since I can only remember 2 days of light snow but mostly wall to wall sunshine and high temperatures. The past 2 weeks I've mostly been perfecting my tan on the balcony in shorts and t shirt. Things would obviously be better higher but I cant imagine they're particularly good. No way would skiing at resort level or back to resort be possible unless the powers that be could really work miracles. In comparison I've skied back down on closing day, last Saturday in April, for the last 6 years. So save your money for next year.

Photo from an hour or so ago.

Went to LDA at Easter in 2011, and it was exactly the same scene. Arrived middayish on a Saturday and was sat outside a bar in shorts and t-shirt and got sunburnt, was comfortably in the 20's.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10150224682726131&set=a.10150224680231131&type=3&theater

That said, from what I remember, everything open from Crêtes and above.

Side note, also had my first and only trip in a helicopter that year, when my youngest brother had a tiny fall and broke his collar bone, as it was just the two of us, I had to accompany him down!

Also played golf at the resort with the rep and a few of his mates.
ski holidays
Well Val Thorens looks frustratingly lovely Sad
https://www.valthorens.com/en/webcam/livecam-station
snow report
swskier wrote:

Went to LDA at Easter in 2011, and it was exactly the same scene. Arrived middayish on a Saturday and was sat outside a bar in shorts and t-shirt and got sunburnt, was comfortably in the 20's.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10150224682726131&set=a.10150224680231131&type=3&theater

That said, from what I remember, everything open from Crêtes and above.

Side note, also had my first and only trip in a helicopter that year, when my youngest brother had a tiny fall and broke his collar bone, as it was just the two of us, I had to accompany him down!

Also played golf at the resort with the rep and a few of his mates.

Yes you're quite right, 9th April 2011

And up the mountain

I'm sure that skiing higher would be fine now. Unusual though for it to be so bare lower down.
ski holidays
@Claude B, was lovely skiing all week, nice a sunny, and from what I remember you could get to around 10//200m's from the bottom on one of the black runs down, then a little walk back in to town.

Was an eventful week, youngest brother broke his collarbone, middle brother broke his the next day but on a school trip in Austria, and then my mum fell and did her calf. I was last one standing come the end of the week!
snow conditions
Have only been to LDA once in 2016 at Easter and it was pretty ropey below Cretes. Lovely above, but ropey below. The Jhandri run back into the village, though covered was full of poor to average skiers. It was like the M25 at rush hour. Can't say I was enamoured with the place.
snow report
The livecams in Les Arcs are not so reassuring. From what I can see all the pistes are complete, though it does look bare off the piste. I suspect this is due to the artificial snow and bashing making a lot denser and thicker snow pack than the natural stuff on the side. But this is the way it often is over the Easter holiday.
ski holidays
Serre Chevalier would have still been possible to ski back to resort, bearing in mind this is without piste maintenance!

However, as we've had no snow for nigh on six weeks ski touring on S Facing slopes which is what we love to do this time of year would be pretty sketchy to say the least!
ski holidays
We have been to l2a in end of April 2018. Its been very nice, so we wanted to go for end of season week this year as well.
So yes, agreed, save some money for the next season!

21 April 2018
IMG_20180421_152911789<script></script>
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy