Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Geneva to Bourg St Maurice

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Now, this is some serious forward planning!

Have people used the Altibus between Geneva and Bourg St Maurice? I can see the 19/20 timetable, but obviously there's no 20/21 timetable available yet.

https://altibus.com/documents/aeroports/2/navettes.pdf

Ignoring the obvious Covid-19, do these times usually stay the same from year to year?

Want to take a punt on a cheap easyjet flight, but need to make sure it ties in with the bus down to Bourg.

The other option is to use someone like Alpybus who seem to have a timetable online:

https://alpybus.com/geneva-to-bourg-saint-maurice-transfers

Again, I assume they stay fairly consistent from year to year?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Chances are they will be similar, the train is always an option for you as well.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
alasdair.graham wrote:
Chances are they will be similar, the train is always an option for you as well.

Train is something we're also considering, the problem lies in not being in London, so that adds cost and time to the journey. I would like to give the train ago, that being said.

The other problem is we're travelling on a Friday, which from what I can see on the snow carbon website means a 7.55am start in London, so around a 5am train from our local station.

https://www.snowcarbon.co.uk/ski-resorts/la-rosiere?sjo=1-2&sjb=2-0

To be fair, I think to make timings work we'd need to get a 7am flight from Bristol, but we will get to resort much earlier, and give us time to sort ski hire etc out on the same evening.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
May be incorrect, but thought @alasdair.graham, referred to scheduled train services from Geneva to bourg to complete last part of journey.

We've used Altibus via same route as you requested and think they stay pretty much the same year on year. Saying that, this big disruption may impact it. But usually it rolls over and they also link out from bourg to local ski areas which they also factor in.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@swskier, I think @alasdair.graham, meant get the train from Geneva to Bourg st Maurice. When we used it last season it cost 34 Euros one way and 24 the other. It's slow but very relaxed travel. We travelled out on a Sunday and returned on a Friday. There were simply no bus transfers fitting our schedule (actually there was one for the return, but not one of the ones you are looking at. It operates from the bus station in Bourg. I cannot remember their name)

I'd take a punt on the flights. We flew to Geneva last year. The Sunday flight was £40 and the Friday return £18. However we missed the funicular up to Les Arcs and had top spend 50 euro on a a taxi. Apart from parking at the airport I think the whole return jourey was about £150 per person
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I`ve flown into Geneva and taken the train. There is free transfer between the airport station and the main one (Cornavin)most trains depart from (you get the token in the baggage hall) We stayed overnight next to Cornavin station. We then took the train to Chamberry, where we changed for BSM. We travelled first class as it was not much dearer. Was pretty relaxed and easy but could be a bit of a hassle if you have lots of luggage. No food on the train though, but I`d taken some food anyway and there was time at Chamberry (small station) to pop into the station to get coffees.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@ski3, @johnE, @CaravanSkier,

Thank you all, seems like I might have misunderstood @alasdair.graham, as you've all picked up on that.

Rome2Rio suggesting over 5 hours, but they're adding in 2 hours of waiting times in there, so perhaps the train might be a good option. Have used the free train between the airport and Cornavin before, so no problems with that.

Any ideas on roughly how long it took on previous journeys? We would have 2 bags plus a ski bag, but i'm not too worried about lugging that round.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@swskier, 5 hours would be about right. We had lunch in Cornavin and tea in Chambery. The buffet at Chambery station is busy and not very nice, but there are nice bars across the street to while away the time. Luggage may be a problem, but ski bags are common (lots of locals use the trains) However to put it in perspective opposit on the train from Geneva was a jazz trio. They had more problems with their double bass than we did.

Last year we skied in Japan, my wife, son and I. We travelled across the country on the trains (3 in all) with a total of 10 bags weighing in at over 70kg. The trains in France were a doddle by comparison. Mind you I was embaressed at Genva airport when dragging two bags (one 10kg and the other 22) up the steps two separate young ladies offered to take them for me. I may be nearly 70 but I can still take my own luggage.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@swskier, I can`t remember what time our train left Cornavin but we were in BSM in time for late lunch, and we would not have made an early start because I was travelling with my elderly Aunt and she doesn`t do early starts lol. If I remember correctly we waited longer at Chamberry than scheduled because of a hick cup with the connecting train. I have less than 4 hours in my head but it was a few years back!
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
You can always consider shared transfers. People like Snow Drone, although generally focus on Val d'Isere and Tignes, will also drop off and pickup en-route.

They have published their shared transfer schedules for next season.

https://snow-drone.com/shared-transfers/

Used them several times this season and can recommend.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
sno trax wrote:
You can always consider shared transfers. People like Snow Drone, although generally focus on Val d'Isere and Tignes, will also drop off and pickup en-route.

They have published their shared transfer schedules for next season.

https://snow-drone.com/shared-transfers/

Used them several times this season and can recommend.

Family and friends also used them this season and occasionally picked up and dropped in Bourg and Moutiers.
They have a decent reliable service.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@sno trax, @muppet,

Thanks for this, haven't come across them before.

@CaravanSkier, @johnE,

Thanks again re train timings.

Will take a look in to everything nearer the time when it's actually bookable.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy