Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Electric Piste/Trail Groomers

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
The Germans do it again with their superior engineering & environmental standards.

http://youtube.com/v/bfJSCq_eqoE

https://www.kaessbohrerag.com/usa/de.html
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Given the emissions created by skiers and a resort in general, I can't see this is much more than papering over the cracks! Be good if they were charged by solar - some of the big lifts in the Sella Ronda are solar, quite impressive.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Given the amount of power requires to push big piles of snow around, I can't see a 126kWh battery lasting long. To put that in perspective some of the top Tesla cars have 100KWh ones.

It's great to see the innovation but I think its a good fews years off production use. Might be good for just smoothing out the simple flat slopes I guess.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
It has 2 x 90kw motors, and a 126kwh battery - so despite the fact that it only has half the power of the current, very common PistenBully 600 it could (if my calculations are correct - I'm not an expert) run it's batteries flat in 42 minutes?
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
A more researched article from last year: http://pistehors.com/yebfRWsBX0Ia-Bl_qKiQ/do-cross-country-skiers-dream-of-electric-piste-bashers
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I am yet to be convinced that battery powered vehicles are truly sustainable and environmentally friendly.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
achilles wrote:
I am yet to be convinced that battery powered vehicles are truly sustainable and environmentally friendly.

Im at 5 years now with solely EVs in a 2 car household.
I will never go back.
Its great to fuel your cars from the sun with this recent lovely weather.

I suspect they are more environmentally friendly with regards to polluting the local atmosphere.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Quote:

The Germans do it again with their superior engineering & environmental standards.

If, as I suspect as it's from Stantroll, that was a thinly veiled dig at the UK then it's hardly surprising that a country with no history of building piste bashers of any description and very little need to have them. I would guess then it's not a huge surprise that the UK hasn't invested any resources in developing either electric or other powered variants.

Would love to be a driver on the end of a winch line bashing a 70 percent slope get a radio message from his oppo at the top of the winch advising him that 'sorry mate the battery is nearly flat you're going to have to wait while I get the charging cable out'

Also Stanton, you hate piste bashes almost as much as you hate the British.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy