Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

HEAD i.Supershape Titan

Poster: A snowHead
I already have a pair of i.Supershape which I use in the fridge and really like them. Was tempted this year on recommendation from quite a few people to buy a set of Supershape Magnums to replace my ageing Stormriders, but they were only 71mm underfoot, compared to the 76mm f the Stormriders, so I've been looking around this year for a replacement.
Yesterday the new HEAD catalogue dropped through my letterbox and they've launched a new Supershape for next year in addition to all of the others. it's the i.Supershape Titan. 126-78-114, 13.5m radius @ 170cm. Perfect, my search is over, a ski I know will perform brilliantly on piste, yet wide enough to be more than usable off-piste. I'm going to order a set at 177cm. Unless anyone can suggest better?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Spyderman, I have my eyes on a pair of Supershape Magnums after coverting those of skimottaret and chatting to rob@rar in Sölden back in December. By all accounts they are a great ski (must confess I like HEAD in general) and liked by many instructors.

Just have to keep my ear to the ground for any cracking deals, so if you hear of any, by all means give me the nod
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
We're testing them in a week and will fire early reviews online. But yes, these look very interesting and we're keen to give them a go. Nordica Fire Arrows also? Bit wider, bonkers graphics, same sort of construction.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Spyderman, i find the magnums although only 71 are as good off piste as my ac30s which have a wider 76 waist. the magnums have a higher surface area due to bigger shovel and tail section and float just a good if not better as the tips seem to ride higher.

do let us know how you get on with these they sound great.

my daughter needs a new pair of skis as her 4 year old miss demeanors are to small now, i was thinking magnums but these could be the daddies... what are the lengths?
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
skimottaret wrote:
Spyderman, i was thinking magnums but these could be the daddies... what are the lengths?

156-163-170-177
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
tah... she is pretty strong and a good athlete. am thinking 163 would be good... will they be doing any demo days at hemel?
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
skimottaret, I'd imagine so. The Bormio ski test is next week, once that's done I'd imagine HEAD will put the test stock into Hemel, like they did last year.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
cool, i may have a go myself and see if i can get her down to the fridge although she cant see the point of skiing indoors and has never been... Madeye-Smiley
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Spyderman, got me thinking how these will compare to the old monsters (now peak??) series. the 78 peak is a good ski and i am wondering if these new ones will be stiffer and more sandwich type of ski...
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
skimottaret, The "Peak" have indeed replaced the "Monster" series. Peak are sandwich construction. What might be of interest to you if you like the Peak 78 is the Chip 78, same sidecut 124-78-110 14.6m@171, but beefed up with the Chip system that stiffens the ski the harder you ski it. I've had a go on them at Hemel from the old test pool and liked them.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I've posted some info on my blog re the iTitan, more to come.
www.chrisfecher.wordpress.com
Cheers
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
skierchris, Good review, just what I'm looking for. Very Happy
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
skierchris, nice one, they do sound a good all round ski and if they ski as good as the magnum on piste could be a winner.

Spyderman, they are for my daughter and she likes bumps and offp iste and freestyle stuff so the chip may not be ideal, i guess i was wondering what the difference would be between the titan and peak in same width
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
skimottaret wrote:

Spyderman, they are for my daughter and she likes bumps and off piste and freestyle stuff so the chip may not be ideal, i guess i was wondering what the difference would be between the titan and peak in same width

Peak 78 124-78-110 14.6m@171cm

i.Titan 128-78-114 13.5m@170cm

Titan I think would be better on piste and due to it's race based construction much better edge grip. Titan also had the Kers system built in for faster acceleration out of the turns.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
skimottaret, Go for the Peak for a really good all rounder!
snow conditions
The non-chip Peak 78 in 171cm is my current all-rounder Very Happy
ski holidays
Just bought a pair of Peak 88 to nestle lovingly alongside my Magnums Smile
latest report
slikedges, skierchris, yeah i think she would love em.. not sure how long though. she is about your size and 171 could probably be a good choice but she is used to 145 mis demeanors and i am wondering if they may be a bit too much of a jump in length... might have to drag her to hemel for a go...

Very Happy
snow report
Yeah 171cm might be a bit long in that case!

I'd go for the 'Wild-one' dimensions are 121–81–107 150cm.
ski holidays
skimottaret, it's on a rail so no prob if she wants to try it
latest report
skierchris wrote:
I've posted some info on my blog re the iTitan, more to come.
www.chrisfecher.wordpress.com
Cheers

Have you skied the K2 Explorer Chris?

If so, how does it compare with the Titan?
latest report
I've had a report from last week's ski test in Bormio to say that the Titan is truly awesome. Can't wait for mine to arrive. Very Happy
snow report
Cheers. It does look very promising.
ski holidays
Yes, the Titan was one of the hits of the test. Some still like the narrower Head Magnum, but most non-racers liked the smoother turn-in of the Titan and the idea that it's a bit more versatile. The snow was varied during the test, which made for excellent reviewing but did mean that sub 90mm skis tested Monday/Tuesday weren't great in the heavier off-piste conditions. Once the snow had lost a bit of moisture it was back to the fluff! Different groups try different skis at different times throughout the week, so the results balance themselves out. All in all, a great week. And to get back to the point, we'd recommend the Titans to decent skiers with a piste bias. Basic reports on the test are on fall-line.co.uk; the write-ups will be coming up in the next couple of weeks once we know what models are being brought into the UK.
ski holidays
Mike Pow, Yeah I skied quite a few of the K2 skis at the test the 2011 K2 Rictor at 127/80/109 would be the way forward if you like to ski all mountain.

The iTitan is fun but is limited a wee bit by the radius, if you wanna ski more all mountain then there are better options out there.

I've been out testing the new K2 Hardside, Marker's new tour12 and the Dalbello Virus today and in short it's the bomb!

fallliner, Yo Fallliner!

www.chrisfecherskiing.com

Last edited by Ski the Net with snowHeads on Fri 12-03-10 16:44; edited 1 time in total
snow report
Thanks guys.
ski holidays
skierchris, How do the tour12's compare to the Barons?

Awesome video of CR Johnson (RIP) on your blog too.
snow conditions
clarky999, The Tour12 feels very solid. Even skiing really rough and firm terrain a couple of days ago, when you would expect the binding to struggle laterally, it performed really well. It skis like an alpine binding!

www.chrisfecherskiing.com
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Spyderman,

They arrived yet?
snow conditions
Mike Pow wrote:
Spyderman,

They arrived yet?

September
snow report
Ooh that's a long wait.
latest report
Mike Pow wrote:
Ooh that's a long wait.

I'm really hoping they're worth it.
snow report
Called Head UK and Ellis Brigham and didn't get a definitive answer.

Can Marker Barons be mounted on the plate that comes with the Head Titan?

Thanks in advance
latest report
Mike Pow, dont know for sure as havent seen the plate on the titans but i have had two pairs of supershape magnums and i thought the factory plates were rubbish. I pulled two sets of screws out of the plate and in the end got new plates from head (FOC) and epoxy'd in the binding screws. Great skis lousy plate design imo if you are on the heavier end of the spectrum. I have to shim mine as i like a flat delta angle and it is always a hassle with tyrolia bindings. You may want to junk the head plate and replace with something beefier. Let me know what you come up with as i am considering some dukes as well...

I bought a pair of titans for myself and they are arriving soon snowHead wink
ski holidays
Thanks. Will let you know if I hear anything.
latest report
skimottaret, hopefully there were longer screws used when you put the lifters under the toes, if not that is probably why they pulled
latest report
skimottaret, was it hard to get replacement plates out of head? Also, how hard was it to replace the plate itself? I've stripped one of the holes in another freeflex plate and risked it, with a spot of Epoxy and a plug, but if it was possible to replace the whole plate I'd do that instead.
ski holidays
CEM, did use longer screws but the plastic plate stripped out, it was difficult to ensure the threads didnt cross when i replaced the screws and shimmed it out. i may have caused the problem but noticed on another set of skis the bindings coming loose and epoxied them as well. I am out of long screws now and will probably be needing to shim the titans but will see when i get em. it is real hard to find long screws, only place seems to be in the states and you have to buy a whole set.

W94, they were very good in getting me a new plate, no problem and no charge. changing out the plate wasnt a big deal but after i replaced the plates i epoxied both sets of skis and they seem fine, interesting to here someone else had the same problem.
snow report
skimottaret, you need long screws....call me
ski holidays
Quote:

(must confess I like HEAD in general)

who doesn't?
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy