Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski Cuisine

Poster: A snowHead
Hi powder people,
Just wondering if any of you have ever used Ski Cuisine before?
Meribel based catered chalets.
I will be one of the chefs this year and wanted to know of people's experiences before and to let you all know how lucky you are if you get me Smile my main questions are about location and where exactly the 6 chalets are that we have? (all ski in - out)
I've heard there a wonderful company and really hope to be cooking for some of you!
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
OffPisteAficionado wrote:
my main questions are about location and where exactly the 6 chalets are that we have? (all ski in - out)

ability to use google is not a pre-requisite for Ski Cuisine then -

http://www.skicuisine.co.uk/assets/Uploads/Ski-Cuisine-Chalets-Map-New.jpg
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
bertie bassett, Laughing Good job you're not a ski host, OffPisteAficionado. Hope you produce lots of lovely meals, though.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
pam w wrote:
bertie bassett, Laughing Good job you're not a ski host,

Why
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
bertie bassett, not you, him! Sorry.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
So it`s mostly cheese and cream based meals then? wink
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Have used Ski Cuisine twice, and imo first rate company. Stayed in Chalet Sorbier which is very well located and had epically good food one year. Stayed in Veronica another year, and had great food, but not quite as epic as the first. Overall no complaints.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Thanks @ Dave Yacht for the feedback. I have heard similar replies from others. I'm looking forward to cooking up some 'epic' food as well, hopefully with a few more ingredients than just cream and cheese @cstreat. Thanks for the moral support @ Pam and I did look for that page @Bertie Bassett honestly, as I said I spend most of my time in the kitchen not in front of a computer. Creepy name by the way Smile
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@OffPisteAficionado, Please this isn't twitter

Andy
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I don't use twitter so I have no idea what your talking about Andy?
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I've stayed with Ski Cusine many times, I used to book our annual company ski trip with them.. they offer a first class service and the chalet hosts are great (still friends with a couple). I've stayed in both the Richard and Pasaral (Probably spelt wrong).. I highly recommend Pasaral, its dead centre in Meribel, with the piste about 20-30 feet away. Richard was great if you are a food lover, as we had 3 chefs (since we hired the whole chalet, it was like having a personal cook!).
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I understand that this thread is quite outdated, but I thought I’d give it a try because I don’t know where else to turn. We were supposed to be skiing in Meribel and staying with Ski Cuisine later this month and unfortunately our trip has been cancelled due to the coronavirus epidemic. This is devastating news, and it is further compounded by the fact that Ski Cuisine is refusing to give us any sort of refund or compensation. We are just beside ourselves, and also very concerned about the financial impact this will have on our group. Not sure if anyone out there is in a similar situation or can offer any advice?
Hope everyone is staying safe, and very sad that we will not be skiing this spring.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
There are a couple of threads running on this subject, although not specifically on Ski Cuisine.

There should be a couple of options to look at;

Via the credit card company
your holiday insurance
ABTA / ATOL, assuming they are recognised and accredited by either.

Have they said why they are not refunding, or offered any other option?
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I struggle to understand comments about the financial impact it will have on holiday makers. Yes you will have lost a holiday but not any money that you weren’t otherwise prepared to spend. You have just forgone a holiday.

The chalet companies have fixed costs (staff, chalet hire etc), so if they fully refund it actually has a financial impact on them.

There should be some refund no doubt but worth considering from their perspective. There must be some compromise on both sides. Of course those companies who hold on to all monies will lose their reputation and struggle to come out the otherside so that is shortsighted.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@Chamboy, these are extraordinary times, it's no longer black and white, so maybe with-in reason.. but by far, the bulk of any paid amount should be refunded - refusing to outright refund is nothing short of theft.

Also one thing I would say, even if a person has committed to that holiday, they've not received it, and who's know, that person may be out of a job themselves next month, and that refund could be the difference between between paying the mortgage/rent or not.
snow report
Agreed there should be some refund. It’s cheeky what ever their T&C’s.

I do still maintain though that if they lose their job next month they are no worse off having missed the holiday and not been refunded and gone on the holiday. So all they have lost is the Holiday - not been put in any worse financial position.
latest report
Very sympathetic to Sarah’s position but I wonder where Ski Cuisine stand with the chalet owners and their staff? They may have contracts that they have to honour so why should they tear up their contracts and T&Cs with their clients.

We all have the opportunity to take out insurance though we might choose to self-insure.

I have used Ski Cuisine on several occasions (see above) and found them to be extremely professional in a good way.

Have you tried agreeing terms to defer the holiday until next year?
latest report
I'd be pissed.
ski holidays
@Chamboy, does have a point. I find the 'financial impact' bit a little jarring. I'm sure having the ski trip cancelled would leave anyone not going in a slightly better financial position even if you disregard the money paid to Ski Cuisine. French mountain beers/coffees/hot chocolates can be pretty lumpy, plus what about all the lunches?
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy