Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

TR: BC is still open, so far... Whistler+

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
So yeah, arrived last night in good light, refused all the car hire add-ons and arrived in the village for a decent meal at the new place in the Crystal Lodge - "Basalt". Decent beer and reasonable food. The other bar had a band on and I didn't figure that would be good with jet lag. My heli is all closed down as the snowpack was wind hammered today and the last few days - you could feel the wind driving up, and some of the lifts (eg Peak to Peak) were closed today as a consequence.

This is in the "piste" section because the off piste has all been hammered. Game over for that, for the season for my heli friends here, but they were nearly at their season end anyway, and February was a bumper month for powder.

I've no idea why this system assumes my images are all landscape, but they're not. Sorry:

Approaching YVR

At minus 22 it's unusual for here, and the snow was in condition top to bottom. Well, you couldn't get to the top (wind closes lifts...) but that stuff wouldn't be great anyway, and there's the whole two mountains to go at.

This is that bit of Blackcomb I always get into but can't work out a good way out of avoiding the roadway to the base. That road was in condition today because of the cold, so quicker than usual.

This is only just about possible as you have to take your gloves off - 5 seconds and you're heading for trouble quickly.

Anyway, good snow everywhere, all in condition, and unusually good for the bottom half of the mountain. Some queues for the base gondola still, but not busy on the hill for a Saturday. There were speed cops about, but I didn't see any in action and they were not needed as the traffic levels were low. So a day of top to bottom runs at mach 2, with speed limited by the chill factor only. If you were overtaken by a snowboarder railing hard with his hands covering his (already covered) face, that'd be me.

Lots of US visitors (Epic pass...), many of whom were worried about getting home. I've another day here, then heading for Smithers, where I hope the off-piste is in better nick. First, beer pizza and hot tub await...
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Whistler and all Vail resorts closing from Sunday 15th - Sunday 22nd March to review operations.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
wink News arrived here about 5 minutes after that post. That's probably the end of the season here, as I can't see them reopening. I'm not sure if the smaller hills will close too.. we shall see.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I was due to fly out on Thursday. Ho-hum. I'm also expecting closure to extend beyond 22nd.

Now to see how much of my costs I can claim back from VR, BA and Travel insurance.....
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Acacia wrote:
I was due to fly out on Thursday. Ho-hum. I'm also expecting closure to extend beyond 22nd.

Now to see how much of my costs I can claim back from VR, BA and Travel insurance.....

VR has offer credits (good for 12 months) to all who booked directly with them.

BA I presume a full refund?

What other expenses are there?
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Silver Star closed minimum 7 days got an email to tell me. Just got home though!
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Left Whistler yesterday was a really good week, now in Vancouver worried that I'll get stuck here as flight not till Tuesday, been on hold to Air Canada for 45 minutes already!
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Well Sun Peaks are open:
https://www.sunpeaksresort.com/explore/news-updates/coronavirus-covid-19-update-from-sun-peaks
although I may have given them the kiss of death by posting that here. I'm hoping the smaller, less touristy places will be still open.

I'm heading to Smithers which is also open:
https://hudsonbaymountain.ca/conditions/
I'm kind of gambling on the fact that the rest of the US and UK ski population all go home, because those places don't have the capacity for those guys wink

I would imagine any call centre will be overloaded at the moment, it would probably be easier to visit YVR if you need to change stuff around. There should be plenty of seats available, mind wink
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Sun peaks is closing Wednesday afternoon.
Only current pass holders allowed and season pass holder . No new tickets will be sold.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
RCR resorts are all on temporary suspension of operations.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Big white closed yesterday at the end of the ski day.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Red Mountain - Closed
Revelstoke - Closed
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
As said above, Sun Peaks is closing tomorrow. It’s kind of weird here today. I feel so sorry for all the small independents here, it’s going to hit them hard.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy