Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Family resort near Geneva, Feb half term, first time for kids

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
HI there, first time poster. I have just booked flights to Geneva next Feb half term Sunday - Sunday (as I was too late to get Saturday flights that worked). I'm intermediate, Husband has skied once and my 2 girls are beginners aged 7 & 9 although I plan to take them to a snow centre for lessons before we go. Any recommendations for family resorts, ideally not with a mental nightlife, that are a decent transfer time from Geneva please? We're happy to look at catered and self catered. SKi school is a consideration as we would prefer a English speaking school and ideally mon- friday group lessons for children and probably both adults. I'm aware new generation do this but wondered if there were other recommendations. Thanks in advance, Helen
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Have to admire your optimism Laughing Laughing

Welcome to Virusheads @Hellyweb, Laughing Laughing
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Keep your flight booking, let the current crisis run and see what transpires in terms of places to ski and companies that are still in business.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Freedom2Ski in Avoriaz were brilliant with ours when they were a similar age.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Lots of Italian resorts have accomodation that runs Sunday to Sunday. Not too bad a drive (2hrs) take a look at La Thuile. Been three times now, once for our 4yr olds first time and we found it a great beginner resort for them, but with enough for us to do as intermediate/advanced skiers.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
andy from embsay wrote:
Freedom2Ski in Avoriaz were brilliant with ours when they were a similar age.

Agree with this totally. Pete is really friendly and runs a great ski school.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
You might struggle with Sunday/Sunday in Avoriaz though. Or anywhere else in France - the French ski industry is very wedded to Saturday/Saturday bookings, especially in those peak holiday weeks. I suppose everything about next season is a total guess at the moment - if the summer season doesn't materialise lots of accommodation providers will struggle. This might make for more flexibility next season, or ??? who knows.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
pam w wrote:
You might struggle with Sunday/Sunday in Avoriaz though. Or anywhere else in France - the French ski industry is very wedded to Saturday/Saturday bookings, especially in those peak holiday weeks. I suppose everything about next season is a total guess at the moment - if the summer season doesn't materialise lots of accommodation providers will struggle. This might make for more flexibility next season, or ??? who knows.

We always stayed in Morzine when the kids were with F2Ski (afternoon lessons) - lots of options in Morzine for Sunday to Sunday.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
halfhand wrote:
Have to admire your optimism Laughing Laughing

Welcome to Virusheads @Hellyweb, Laughing Laughing

I know, fingers crossed!
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Thanks all for the information, I figure I'll probably have time to do a reasonable amount of research in the next few months rolling eyes

Here's hoping that they are able to operate something of a summer season.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
How about Thollon les Memises?
It's a tiny ski station, just a couple of lifts, plenty for beginners though and as cheap as chips.
You'll probably be able to get an apartment to self cater.

There wont be any tour operators going there, perhhaps rent a car from Geneva.
With a car you could visit Bernex or even Chatel.

I'm not sure when you're going .. I presumed 2021 ... not much chance this season.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy