Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ischgl - Kitzloch.

Poster: A snowHead
17 new cases of the Coronavirus in Ischgl announced this morning.

15 of these cases directly linked with a barman in the Kitzloch.

Kitzloch closed, night ski show cancelled...

...our annual St Patricks Day celebrations are put on hold.

Stand by.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Kitzloch fully closed now? Was just closed as a restaurant but still open as an apres bar (with a complete set of temporary replacement staff) according to the announcement I saw yesterday?
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Hope it isn’t Arno that got hit - a local told me that the first one was a worker from Kitz!
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
DanishRider wrote:
Hope it isn’t Arno that got hit - a local told me that the first one was a worker from Kitz!

He was a "36 year old Norwegian".

As much as Arno would love that to be him...I think he's ok on this one.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I think that is safe to say Smile
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Flying to Innsbruck on 19/03 from Gatwick and staying in Kappl.Anyone know how the land lies in Ischgl at the moment?
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I’ve heard that all apres bars in Ischgl are to be closed.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Also hearing talk of things in Ischgl closing, but not heard anything confirmed apart from Kitzloch having been closed by the local authorities.

https://www.ischgl.com/de/More/Service/Aktuelle-Information
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
nozawaonsen wrote:

We’re supposed to be flying there Saturday morning, staying in the Neder (behind the BP) - we usually stay in the Litzner but she can’t take all our group.

Where did you hear about the bars?

Crystal have said they’re following the DFA & HSE guildlines...so if we cancel, we lose everything.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
@dazman, https://liveblog.tt.com/414/coronavirus

They also say that closing the lifts is/was not recommended.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
A friend was in Kitzloch last night. He's a little worried today...
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
DaddyLouLou wrote:
A friend was in Kitzloch last night. He's a little worried today...

If you go twice you become immune to everything you’re exposed to in there...I’m sure he’ll be fine.

I’m surprised the virus itself was able to withstand an Apres session in there, most can’t.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
The following aprés-ski bars are closed from now on for an indefinite period of time:
Nevada Alm, Niki’s Stadl, Wedl Alm, Schatzi Bar, Freeride, Kitzloch, Posthörndl, Kuhstall, Niko’s Hexenkuchl, Feuer&Eis, Ischgler Einkehrschwung (Hotel Alpenglühn), Trofana Alm, Champagner Hütte, Paznauner Taja (the restaurant is open though)

All other restaurants and bars are open

Cable cars in Ischgl and buses: from now on only half of the prescribed passenger capacity will be carried

I feel we haven’t seen the end of this...
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Ischgl without apres ski. I'm not sure my brain can understand that.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Quite. Apres ski is part and parcel of the whole thing. If everyone descends on the remaining opening bars you'd expect them to close soon as well. I'm usually there this time in March but somehow I'm glad I'm not.
snow report
Our hotel in Kappl for 19/03 has sent email cancelling booking.
snow conditions
Corky wrote:
I'm usually there this time in March but somehow I'm glad I'm not.

Same here but we decided to give Saalbach a try this year instead. Not sure it's going to be a very fair comparison...
snow report
Corky wrote:
Quite. Apres ski is part and parcel of the whole thing. If everyone descends on the remaining opening bars you'd expect them to close soon as well. I'm usually there this time in March but somehow I'm glad I'm not.

Bizarrely, we’ve been having a St Patrick’s Day party in Kitzloch for the past 5 years, it was all systems go for this year up Monday afternoon.
Going on the list of closures there isn’t actually any where else open.

...except the Golden Eagle, but..you know.

We’re still in limbo.
snow report
A dozen bars shut.

And the resort closed for 2 weeks from Saturday

I’m in Ischgl at the moment.
snow report
dazman wrote:
nozawaonsen wrote:

We’re supposed to be flying there Saturday morning, staying in the Neder (behind the BP) - we usually stay in the Litzner but she can’t take all our group.

Where did you hear about the bars?

Crystal have said they’re following the DFA & HSE guildlines...so if we cancel, we lose everything.

Sorry to say the resort is closing for 2 weeks . Checked with hotel manager here as wasn’t sure it was true.
latest report
Yes posted the link on two other threads, Ischgl will be closing for two weeks from Saturday.
snow report
I have seen the piste closure in the Ischgl.com page but nowhere else. Can you link to another source please? Due to fly tomorrow
snow report
@citykat, https://liveblog.tt.com/414/coronavirus 18:58
snow conditions
Thank you, much appreciated.
snow conditions
buchanan101 wrote:
A dozen bars shut.

And the resort closed for 2 weeks from Saturday

I’m in Ischgl at the moment.

Thanks for reply, hope you lot are all well.
latest report
https://www.planetski.eu/2020/03/10/coronavirus-fears-in-the-alps/

Ischgl closes.
snow conditions
Ischgl has announced closure for the whole season including the end of season gigs.
latest report
Currently on phone to insurers to see what i can claim for.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Luch / Zurs just posted on their insta story that life is great and come along and everything open etc.. we have no restrictions etc etc.. bizarre as talking to hotel they said they wouldn't take any bookings or money as likely the resort would shut !!
snow report
15 more people have tested positive in Ischgl.
snow conditions
Tirol ends ski season this Sunday. All lifts to close.

LH Platter: „Tirol beendet die Wintersaison“
Schließung aller Seilbahnen mit Ablauf Sonntag, 15. März

Nach einer Besprechung mit VertreterInnen des Tiroler Tourismus wurde heute entschieden, dass die Seilbahnen mit Ablauf Sonntag, 15. März 2020, auf Basis des Epidemiegesetzes geschlossen werden. Ebenso werden alle Beherbergungsbetriebe mit Ablauf Montag, 16. März 2020, behördlich geschlossen. Hierfür wurde deshalb der Montag gewählt, damit eine geordnete Rückreise der Gäste aus den Skigebieten erfolgen kann. „Für uns steht die Gesundheit unserer Gäste, MitarbeiterInnen und der Tiroler Bevölkerung an erster Stelle. Diese Entscheidung ist uns nicht leicht gefallen, aber wir übernehmen Verantwortung für alle TirolerInnen und für alle, die sich in Tirol aufhalten“, so Landeshauptmann und Tourismusreferent Günther Platter.

Details werden bei einer Pressekonferenz morgen, Freitag um 10.00 Uhr, in der Säulenhalle im Landhaus in Innsbruck bekannt gegeben, zu der wir hiermit einladen.
latest report
nozawaonsen wrote:

Nach einer Besprechung mit VertreterInnen des Tiroler Tourismus wurde heute entschieden, dass die Seilbahnen mit Ablauf Sonntag, 15. März 2020, auf Basis des Epidemiegesetzes geschlossen werden. Ebenso werden alle Beherbergungsbetriebe mit Ablauf Montag, 16. März 2020, behördlich geschlossen. Hierfür wurde deshalb der Montag gewählt, damit eine geordnete Rückreise der Gäste aus den Skigebieten erfolgen kann. „Für uns steht die Gesundheit unserer Gäste, MitarbeiterInnen und der Tiroler Bevölkerung an erster Stelle. Diese Entscheidung ist uns nicht leicht gefallen, aber wir übernehmen Verantwortung für alle TirolerInnen und für alle, die sich in Tirol aufhalten“, so Landeshauptmann und Tourismusreferent Günther Platter.

Details werden bei einer Pressekonferenz morgen, Freitag um 10.00 Uhr, in der Säulenhalle im Landhaus in Innsbruck bekannt gegeben, zu der wir hiermit einladen.

Confirmed in Kronen Zeitung:

https://www.krone.at/2116119

Doesn't look like I'm going to Saalbach on the 21st then Sad
snow report
QRZBuddha wrote:
nozawaonsen wrote:

Confirmed in Kronen Zeitung:

https://www.krone.at/2116119

Doesn't look like I'm going to Saalbach on the 21st then Sad

Saalbach's not in Tirol, so not affected by that announcement.
ski holidays
@Sitter, @QRZBuddha, Saalbach is in Salzburg, but apparently there will be a decision about Salzburg ski areas on Saturday.
latest report
@Sitter, wait till the meetings this week
snow report
Yeah, I know, I meant it's only a matter of time now isn't it... pants Sad
ski holidays
holidayloverxx wrote:
@Sitter, wait till the meetings this week

Yup, hence I said that announcement. Waiting to hear further about what's happening here in the Arlberg, I'm based in St Anton so obviously we're closing at the weekend, but there's still plenty of skiing still available in the same ski area over in Vorarlberg for which my lift pass is valid...
latest report
Just spoke with a Danish colleague, who said that 134 Danes have been linked to the Ischgl case, hence the pressure to close. He was quoting a news item.
ski holidays
As expected, cancelled.. ah well, at least I'm not actually out there, that must be miserable
snow report
Obergurgl done
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy