Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Austria: Kitzbühel/Kirchberg 2019/20

Poster: A snowHead
I feel a little fraudulent starting this thread since I generally only ski, at best, for one week a year and usually in Kitzbuhel. However, since been glued to webcams all week and no one has started one, I have began it and the more serious skiers can take over.

Anyway, I am going for New Year and can’t wait. Consequently I am already scouring internet for webcam. Here are the two sites I use:
https://www.kitz.net/de/webcam-hahnenkamm-panorama.html
https://www.bergfex.com/sommer/kitzbuehel/webcams/

I also watch the SkiWelt ones since often go via KiWest.
https://www.skiwelt.at/en/skiwelt-webcams-in-winter.html

Today has been the first day I have seen piste bashers out on any pistes on the webcams so things looking good. Snow down to Kitzbuhel town overnight.

Any locals have anything exciting to add? Liking some of the YouTube footage of new Fleck lift.

Thanks
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
The winter Bergfex link has a few more webcams...
https://www.bergfex.com/kitzbuehel-kirchberg/webcams/

Great start to the winter!
Fingers crossed for December
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I also look at these squiggly lines to pretend to friends and family that I know what weather is going to happen.

https://www.wetterzentrale.de/en/show_diagrams.php?model=gfs&lid=ENS&var=205&bw=&geoid=3095
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Anyone in the Kitzbuhel area for any info about piste conditions/ weather etc.? Arriving on 29th December. I age seen on weather outlook thread that things start to cool down again in a few days and some snow forecast Saturday and onwards.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@Dougie, you might have also seen some disagreement on that thread too. I am rather more pessimistic than some of the other folk about snowy cold weather in the eastern alps in the near future. Not sure there is going to be much snow before New Year but if you dont like the weather forecast best wait 24 hours as it will have almost certainly changed Very Happy . I might get down at some point over New Year, though SkiWelt more likely but will only bother if conditions are reasonable.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Been to Kitz at New Year in all but one of last 8 years and always been able to ski so fingers crossed that it’s the snowy forecast that is correct. Thanks @munich_irish
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Kitz is having one of its worst seasons this century.

Valley today is greener than Greta's vegetable patch.

Nonstop rainfall in the village for the next 4 days.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@Dougie, hopefully the troll has clambered back into its cave.

The reports from nearby are that the snow above around 1500m is reasonable but below that hardly anything except where there is a manufactured valley run amongst the green fields. The snow level for the next few days is uncertain and indeed there might be some rain in the valley but there should be some snow at all levels too.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@Dougie, never listen to @Whitegold,
https://www.bergfex.at/kitzbuehel-kirchberg/wetter/berg/
Looks like snow to me!
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Very Happy Just seen it having looked the the webcams with a heavy heart at 7am and seen green. Now snow in the air with a range of temperatures across the system and out to the SkiWelt.
Leaving a week today so just keep it coming...
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Anyone in Kitz or SkiWelt right now? Just wondering what conditions are like.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Skied Kitzbuhel today. Bluebird day. Record 32,000 piste passes issued for today and I could tell! Was absolutely rammed!!! Penglestein was quiter so skied there afternoon.
Snow conditions were ok. Steeper bit easier cos less steep bit cut up pretty bad. Quite icy in parts but ok.
Bluebird expected tomorrow. Going to ski Westendorf and parts of SkiWelt. Hope less busy. All said, great to be back out regardless.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@Dougie, enjoy if you can. I am giving it all a miss until after New Year, the crowds seem too much. I might try New Years day on the basis that I am not drinking New Year's eve so could get up early and drive down as most folk will be nursing hangovers but suspect I will wait for the crowds to go home.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Bluebird day again. Got early lift, not quite first lift but close. Skied over KiWest to Westendorf and then to Brixen-Im-Thale and the top part of Sheffau. Very busy in Brixen. Quiet in Westendorf. All run are beautiful until middle station altitudes and then it becomes icy and patchy. Later in day, most runs are pretty cut up. Good day.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Any SH’s predict what conditions I’m going to be skiing Kitzbuhel on 17th Jan?
latest report
They have enough snow for piste skiing @barthez1980, so they will by 17th Jan. If you’re an off-piste skier, there are plenty of places but you won’t find any fresh tracks. Not snowed here since Boxing Day however lower pistes are holding up well.
snow conditions
Lazy day on Kitzbuheler Horn today. Beautiful Spring-like day. Piste in really good nick and pretty quiet.
ski holidays
To Mittersill and back today. Pistes holding up well considering no new snow for nearly a week. Blue skies and sunshine with a slight breeze but nothing too chilly. Queues occasionally big but not as big as earlier in week.
That’s it for me. Setting off back home tomorrow. Hope everyone else who visits area has as good a week as I have. Cool
snow conditions
@Dougie, there were big queues going north earlier, pretty much solid traffic from Irschenberg to the A99 / A3 junction. Hopefully gone tomorrow for your journey home.
latest report
Been here since Jan 14. Had some snow since we arrived but nothing much. Hahnenkamm, Penglestein, Wurzhohe and Resterkogel all great but some of the pistes are getting icy and lumpy later in the day.
ski holidays
No snow before I get to kitz on the 17th . Never ski’d here before. What conditions will the slopes be in??
latest report
I'm currently in kitz and I would say make sure your edges are nice and sharp. It's fairly icy in places but the slopes seem to be holding up well. You may get some snow at the weekend which is needed.
snow conditions
Went to Kitzbuhel today from Fieberbrunn.
There was snow down to resort level in St Johann as the bus went past and there is good coverage in Kitzbuhel too down to the bottom with no issues. I thought it was a bit better than Saalbach-Hinterglemm actually as I didn't see one brown patch anywhere.
The snow forecast for this weekend will be welcome though. I skied down to the new Fleckalmbahn to see what it was like. You can ski up to it now instead of having to take the stairs and if you are coming from the carpark there are steps and escalators.
Much improved!
I didn't get to try it though as it had broken down!
ski holidays
Anybody with recommendations for mountain / resort restaurants? It’s just me and her, so nothing romantic....
snow conditions
Snowing all day in Kitz down to the village.... much needed after yesterday
ski holidays
Yes, we’ve been here since Thursday and the snow today was definitely much needed. We did have a fantastic day yesterday in the Resterkogel area - blue skies, sunshine, but icy pistes. Up early again today to try and get the best of the slopes before they got too cut up. Went over to Pengelstein and that side was actually quite good, really enjoyed the powder. The runs near the central area all very cut up and not much fun. It’s also been quite busy here the last couple of days compared to Thursday. Snow forecast again tomorrow so anyone skiing next week should have a great time. We’re flying out of Innsbruck in the morning though so just hoping the visibility is ok so the flight runs on time.
snow report
Heavy snow this afternoon in St Johann.
snow conditions
Another nice cold day about -6 at the bottom. Off to Steinplatte today.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
We're heading out to Kitz on Saturday and the weather apps have got me worried, +6 degrees in resort is a little worrying as I've skied in rain there before. Just hoping it cools down somewhat over the next few days.
ski holidays
https://www.bergfex.com/kitzbuehel-kirchberg/wetter/berg/ With over a foot of snow forecast over the next 24 hours. You`ll be fine
snow conditions
@jafa, Very Happy
ski holidays
We are due to go skiing in Dolomites but due to the virus may switch to Kitzbuhel next week. What are the conditions down there like? I know altitude is lower so just worried its not all slush.
ski holidays
Am here now. Snow higher up above kirchberg and at kitzbuhl horn has been very good. On sunday it was soft at mid mountain above brixen and at westerndorf. Snowed last night with snow level maybe down to 1000m which should improve things mid mountain.
latest report
Thank you. Will keep an eye out on conditions
ski holidays
Skied today. Think approx 10cm fresh. Excellent piste conditions up top
snow conditions
Snowing right down to kirchberg village this morning. Should be great up the mountain Very Happy Very Happy
latest report
Strange day today. 6cm fresh snow this morning on the mountain, just adding to the 10cm from Tuesday. Very good snow conditions in the area above kirchberg and across to pengelstein. Remained cold all day with frequent flurries, though steinberkogel and pengelstein seemed to catch quite a bit of sun. By the time i got back down to kirchberg village, it had warmed up, not considerably, but enough to decimate the snow in and just above the village. Snow looked quite soft and slushy three quarters of the way down fleckalmbahn. Looks like being warmer tomorrow with the outside chance of some more fresh snow on friday.

So basically, if your not concerned about mid mountain or valley runs and happy to stay high, then conditions should be good for a while yet.
snow conditions
Started the day at the Resterhohe and went, in a round about fashion, to the place with the dinosaur on the roof for a late morning beer and pretzel. Snow was excellent, light and fluffy. Then headed back to the Pass thurn side for lunch (Bruggeralm - poor) and carried on there until just before 4 and happy hour in the sonnalm. Long roadway back to the car and gone to Zell. Very nice day!
snow report
Snowing heavily right down to kirchberg village this morning. Anyone arriving will be in for a treat up on the mountain providing you stay high. Valley runs looked in poor condition yesterday, though this mornings snow should help out a bit. Enjoy!!
latest report
Going to Kitz next Sunday for a week.

Any recommendation of restaurant on the slopes?

Ideally local and good value.

Thanks
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy