Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Which fridge?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
We live equal distance and travel time to both MK Snozone and Hemel Snow Centre.

Having done a beginner lesson today at MK, I was quite impressed, and am considering a family membership to continue lessons and eventually main slope time, in preperation for a trip next winter.

WHat are the pro's and con's of the two options, or are they pretty much the same?

Possible categories for differentiation could be hire equipment, tuition, how busy at weekends, price, plus anything else you can think of.

Thanks in advance

Suffolkski
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hi @suffolkski,
I'm in the same position ... about an hour to either of them.

I slightly prefer Hemmel, but I only go during the week.
I've had to abandon a session on a Sunday afternoon as I considered the conditions too dodgy.

I've been to MK a few months ago on a week when Hemmel was closed for James Bond filming.

Someone will be along in a moment with some more info.
I find the atmosphere more cosy at Hemmel with great Valais wallpaper.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Snow at Hemel is much better, but it's dangerously overcrowded at weekends and the lift queues mean you get 3-4 runs per hour.

Even if the snow at MK is slightly like cardboard shavings, the space is bigger and less congested - you're less likely to end up having to weave through a disaster of falling bodies and out of control kids.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Slopes are bigger at MK, but Hemel feels better looked after.

The changing rooms are better at MK in my opinion, and ski/boot hire, a lot more space.

Free parking at Hemel, pay for parking at MK.

MK has a lot of other shops, restaurants etc, Hemel doesn't.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Not been to either but aren't there snowheads related membership discounts to be had at hemel?
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I thought this was going to be a discussion about home appliances. Embarassed
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
jgwmaxwell wrote:
lift queues mean you get 3-4 runs per hour.

I go to Hemel all the time and i love it there (its closer to me than MK). However, i think this quote is very true at the moment. They've also been very slow lately opening the second lift, there's nothing more frustrating at 8:20 in the morning looking at an empty slope that you can't use because someone has fallen on the lift and they just wont open the second one. Its been 2 people thick queuing with one lift closed. I've wasted so much time queuing its very frustrating. However, from my experience here the people are lovely, it's very well run, its bright, it can be well priced (yes you can get a discount on membership if a super-snowhead) and there are some good instructors there. I saw one young guy doing instruction last weekend and he was very good in how he approach each member of the group.

MK on the other hand i went once, checked their website and nothing special noted and it turned out they had 3 quarters of the slope with features out and they walled off the final quarter for ringos ! There was one strip 12ft wide down the middle, not a peep on their website about it. it was dark and there was a great big hole by the exit of the lift. i gave up and got a refund, they did do that without quibble and when i showed the slope manager my issue he was very understanding. Having said that, a friend of mine from thesnowcenter swears that MK is much nicer, especially during the week so YMMV
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@DB,

Sorry mate, try mumsnet Laughing
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
djf wrote:
They've also been very slow lately opening the second lift, there's nothing more frustrating at 8:20 in the morning looking at an empty slope that you can't use because someone has fallen on the lift and they just wont open the second one.
I go every week, usually on a Tuesday, complain to the lifties (I do that almost every week too) they normally then sort it. Smile They often seem oblivious to the queue, I know one of the lifties, she's lovely but completely dippy. Laughing
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I’m usually there Tuesday nights too Smile. Yeah have asked the last couple of times once I’d got to the tipping point.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Hemel is by far superior overall except the piste is not as wide and gets bloody busy!
Restaurant is quite decent.

MK has a nuffield, cinema and shops around which is nice as well but snow there was consistently crap then I gave up. If they’d fix it I probably would return.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
djf wrote:
I’m usually there Tuesday nights too Smile
I usually do the Tuesday early session (7;00am to 10:00am), not too many people and I can get back to work for 11:00am if required.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
swskier wrote:
Slopes are bigger at MK, but Hemel feels better looked after.

The changing rooms are better at MK in my opinion, and ski/boot hire, a lot more space.

Free parking at Hemel, pay for parking at MK.

MK has a lot of other shops, restaurants etc, Hemel doesn't.

Members get free parking at MK.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy