Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Bergamo car hire

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi all,
I am looking to hire a car at bergamo to drive to the alps. Have booked Centauro via holiday autos + i have holiday autos recommended excess damage waiver.

However, i am now reading horror stories of how they finding damage under the bumpers etc.

I was thinking of buy centauro's own insurance but cannot find the price of it anywhere.

Do you have any experience of centauro or other bergamo car hire + tips to stop them ripping me off ? For example what bits should i video on car collection ?

Thanks.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
1. Buy independent excess insurance (much cheaper than buying from the hire company)

2. When the hire company try to upsell their own insurance, make it clear that you have already purchased separate insurance

3. Check that the pre-hire damage report matches the car *exactly*. Get a signed amendment for any discrepancy. Take photos / videos of every single bit of damage, with a timestamp on the photos. Ditto for when you return the car (for the undamaged bits).

4. Check washer fluid, tyre pressure, coolant, fuel gauge etc. before setting off.

5. I haven't used Centauro but think they have a fairly bad reputation. Having said that, taking the above precautions should limit your risk.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I ended up cancelling Centuro. Reviews were poor and no desk in airport. Looked at the highest rated companies which were Locauto + Scily-by-car. Booked with them via holidayautos + bought holiday autos own damage waiver policy.

Really wanted to buy the renting company insurance but they wanted crazy money From memory €25-35 per day.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I ended up cancelling Centuro. Reviews were poor and no desk in airport. Looked at the highest rated companies which were Locauto + Scily-by-car. Booked with them via holidayautos + bought holiday autos own damage waiver policy.

Really wanted to buy the renting company insurance but they wanted crazy money From memory €25-35 per day.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@kezzy19661, good decision imo, I’ve also booked with Sicily, but from Venice as they are one of the few that offered winter tyres. I have an annual waiver policy for about £30, I’d never go with the hire Co policy.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@kezzy19661, I too think that was a good move. I think Locauto and Sicily both have better reviews than Centauro.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy