Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

St. Foy Tarentaise question

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi all. Missed last season due to varying family injuries. However thinking of booking St Foy for 28th March. I would class myself as a good intermediate, can comfortably ski reds and get down blacks just in one piece!!!
It would be just me on my own as my wife doesn't ski although she would be on trip with me. So any thoughts or advice would be appreciated. I have skiid a lot of the bigger French resorts for the past 20 odd years, but we can get a very good deal from Ireland to St Foy so thinking of it. Not into off piste though although reviews I've read say St Foy is good for off piste. Thanks Tim B
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Sainte-Foy is great. Lots of tree runs, and it's mostly north facing so retains its snow quite well.

It is very small though. Non-skiers could get bored very quickly.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Yes it takes a reset of your normal if you've predominantly been around many of the largest areas, but a great place to ski I feel.

We've had the whole range of levels with us there from raw beginner kids, family groups, couple of non skiers, all of which had a really good time.

Non skiers can can get pedestrian pass to get up to first level and restaurants for lunch, but saying that, you're never far from the village so it's very convenient to meet at lunch there too.

Weve also skied the off piste too, but there is some great skiing for straight piste skiers. Amongst them the reds on rhs cascading down from the highest point that'll give your technique a challenge along with fitness. On lhs is more open and rolling blues / reds to enjoy at relaxed pace too. Much more variances than the kilometer count would suggest.

As said, not a huge village, but very friendly and nice place to be. Bus connects down to Ste Foy main village in Valley for interest trip of non skier.

Well worth a trip and definitely recommended.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
A non skier can have a great time in Ste Foy although the station is small with no public pool or many shops . It’s got Great walking and a couple of accessible mountain restaurants . You’ve just got to be inventive go in the very helpful tourist office they will come up with many ideas .
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
My skiing level is probably similar to yours. I liked the runs in Sainte Foy but found it a bit limited. If I were your wife I would probably be bored unless she enjoys sitting on the balcony reading. The CGH residence Les Fermes de Sainte Foy has a pool, jacuzzis etc but it is one of the older residences in the CGH chain and you would find better pools/steam rooms etc in their residences in other resorts. We went in UK school holidays and hardly heard any french voices. Depends if you like speaking french or not!

I think it depends how much better your deal is in Sainte Foy compared with other resorts and what activities your wife would be looking to do.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
hi thanks all, our deal would be to L'Etoile des cimes self catered transfers and flights from Dublin 756 euro for both of us. So good deal, Mrs Baggins likes walking, swimming and reading and i think accom has a pool
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@Timbobaggins, I think Sainte Foy would be fine then. L'etoile des cimes is in the MMV chain - I haven't been to that residence but have been to other MMV places and they sometimes ration time in the Jacuzzi etc at peak times.. but your wife would probably not have a problem booking it during the day time when everyone else is off skiing.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@Timbobaggins, yes, pool included and quite a decent size too. Building is located literally 50 mtrs walk onto the snow for you, so very convenient.

Small supermarket within that building, decent selection for size plus another across the other end end of village (all of 250 mtrs away) run by a character called Serge that you can order a rotisserie chicken for dinner if you tell him in the morning Very Happy

It really is worth going, that's a good cost too.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@Timbobaggins,
Snow shoeing , there’s some really good trails .
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
The trail to the frozen waterfall should not be missed, that's worth giving up a mornings ski.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
At the end of March the trail to the farming village of Le Monal is worth the afternoon off skiing as the display of wild crocus on the grassy banks alongside the mountain steam is a sight to behold.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Booked , so thanks to all, just hope Corona Pop doesn't spoil the plan rolling eyes
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy