Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

The Best Conditions Around Geneva

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
As the title suggests, looking for advice on where the best conditions are within a couple of hours of Geneva?

I’ve got a long weekend skiing in the middle of March and looking for the best snow recommendations. I understand things can be changeable but looking to get accommodation booked up this weekend?

We’ve booked flights and a hire car so will be driving to the resort/slopes.

Thanks
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Verbier.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Sallanches gives choice of Portes du Soleil, Grand Massif, Megeve, St Gervais, Les Houches, Chamonix and others within an hours drive
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Timc wrote:
Sallanches gives choice of Portes du Soleil, Grand Massif, Megeve, St Gervais, Les Houches, Chamonix and others within an hours drive

I think we’d rather be based in a resort, but have another close by as a back up. Not sure which out of the ones you mentioned has the best conditions though. We did PDS a couple of years ago, so probably not there again.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@WillowWilson, hang on, don't book, no rush, wait and see on the snow ...
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Conditions look like they could change quite a bit in the next week - I'd leave it till a bit later if you want to be sure of finding the best available conditions. Snowfall can vary quite a bit between places which are quite close as the crow flies and altitude is going to be an issue too. But it's a risk - long weekend accommodation is always difficult in resort and if conditions suddenly improve it will become even more difficult. So you are going to have to weigh up the risk of missing the best conditions against the risk of ending up somewhere like Sallanches.

If I were you I'd do some research now about what accommodation options you have in some of the obvious resorts - the options two weeks out are not likely to be extensive as folk will be holding out for two weeks of bookings. They'll become less choosy nearer the time, especially if forecast snowfall doesn't materialise.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Stay in Switzerland loads of great ski resorts in the Valais . Verbier , St Luc , Grimentz , Crans , Anzere , Zinal etc motorways most of the way to get there . However Friday afternoon traffic out Geneva is crap in every direction .

Another idea would be go through the Mont Blanc tunnel into Italy to La Thuile or Courmayer . Cheaper than France and Switzerland with great food .
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
WillowWilson wrote:
As the title suggests, looking for advice on where the best conditions are within a couple of hours of Geneva?

I’ve got a long weekend skiing in the middle of March and looking for the best snow recommendations. I understand things can be changeable but looking to get accommodation booked up this weekend?

We’ve booked flights and a hire car so will be driving to the resort/slopes.

Thanks

Hold off. Lots of snow forecast / virus situation evolving. You should have no problem finding accommodation at last minute
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Les diablerets and Glacier 3000, always improves as the season goes on.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
10 days until we fly out to Geneva, has anywhere had any really good dumps in that vicinity recently?

I’ll probably book a few options with ‘free cancellation’, and see which is best at the time.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@WillowWilson, https://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=149281&start=160
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
It has been snowing all afternoon in Chamonix, 20-30 cms at 1,800 forecast today, precipitation all week ...
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
WillowWilson wrote:
10 days until we fly out to Geneva, has anywhere had any really good dumps in that vicinity recently?

I guess that pretty much everywhere within a couple of hours of Geneva has done well over the last week. I think if you aim above 1800m you can't go wrong.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy