Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Accommodation at top of Crest ski lift (Champoluc)

Poster: A snowHead
I am getting VERY tempted to blow our budget and book accommodation at the top of the Crest ski lift from Champoluc.

I have been trying to understand the lift operating times as we would be reliant on that to get upto the accommodation and if we wanted to spend a bit of time in town in the evening.

Has anybody done this? How does it work?

Also the day we arrive do we have to pay for a ticket to get upto to the hotel with our luggage?

This is what the website (visit monterosa) says on times:

From 10/01/2022
– From Sunday to Thursday
→ Runs at 6.50am – 7.55am – 6.30pm – 7.30pm – 10.15pm – 11pm
– Every Friday and Saturday + every day from Saturday 19-02-2022 to Saturday 06-03-2022 + Sunday 17-04-2022
→ Runs at 6.50am – 7.55am – 6.30pm – 7.30pm – 10.30pm – 11.30pm

This confuses me no end!
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@NickyJ, Have you not tried asking the hotel? as they will surely know ... the Cre Forné I presume?
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@under a new name, that’s the one. Looking at booking through Sunweb and intend to call them tomorrow…. However I trust snowheads on the ground as it were more so than a tour operator Smile

Took me a bit of time to locate its real name!
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Anyway, my understanding has always been that the lift runs for a short period at those times, functioning as public transport but I'd guess (be pretty sure) you'll need tickets per here https://www.visitmonterosa.com/en/monterosa-ski/orari-autunnale-tpl-trasporto-pubblico-locale-telecabina-champoluc-crest/
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@under a new name, I was wondering if there shouldn’t be a dash between the 7:30
and 10:30… so that it is actually running for an hour between 6:30 and 7:30 and 10:30 and 11:30…. But also operating during normal soi lift running times
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
It sounds great - I'd enjoy that, but if you want to spend time in town in the evenings, seems a bit pointless?
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
That link was where I copied those times from… so it is a case that it only runs for a few minutes at those times then rather than for a whole hour for example?
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
pam w wrote:
It sounds great - I'd enjoy that, but if you want to spend time in town in the evenings, seems a bit pointless?

Don’t really want to spent time in the evening …. Don’t really intend to “go out” but have in occasion done a wander round a few ski shops early evening before evening meal.

Also Hubby is worried it might not be evening meal every evening, in which case will will need access to the town for food as often their is a night off.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
NickyJ wrote:
That link was where I copied those times from… so it is a case that it only runs for a few minutes at those times then rather than for a whole hour for example?

Yep, that's my presumption. We did our wedding party up there and they ran it each time for just long enough to get all those boarded down and out again. We were, naturally, in a somewhat privileged situation wink (The then CEO is a cousin of Mrs U. Actually, so is the current one. TBH, I think they're all cousins up there).
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@under a new name, lovely.

Tbh it looks amazing and having not had any holiday for a full two years, with my sister and parents pulling out of our shared accommodation in France leaving us to either pay remainder all on our own or…. Just go somewhere else and really splash out. The location looks amazing
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@NickyJ, hmmm, unless Sunweb is doing a very good deal, I'd be tempted to book directly. But that's just me. It being an Italian hotel and open (well, in normal years) every day, I wouldn't expect a day off.

The last time we were there for a proper family type week, (March 2019) the food was very good. 'Cos family logstics (bro's non-skiing wife could walk there) we lunched there most days.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I will enquire…. (I haven’t yet found a direct method of booking), but one of the attractions is that Sunweb will refund should travel situations change and we can’t go due to covid rules changing!!!
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@NickyJ, and (@pam w) it's really quite special walking out in the morning and already being halfway up the mountain Happy

We haven't stayed in the Cre Forné but have stayed in some of the refuges in the area.

Such a shame the Guglielmina burned down. New Year's day with an absolute crashing hangover much improved by walking out into full sunshine at 3,300m snowHead snowHead
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@NickyJ, my daughter has stayed a couple of times at, I think I have the right one, the Hotellerie de Mascognaz which is accessible by skidoo. She said it was quite special. First time was to celebrate their joint 40th birthdays, and then they went the following year. I seem to recall we got left with the grandchildren in Les Gets.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Pamski wrote:
@NickyJ, my daughter has stayed a couple of times at, I think I have the right one, the Hotellerie de Mascognaz which is accessible by skidoo. She said it was quite special. First time was to celebrate their joint 40th birthdays, and then they went the following year. I seem to recall we got left with the grandchildren in Les Gets.

Our children will be with us… oh well Smile
snow report
@Pamski, Macognaz is lovely, but last time we looked for summer, they had a 2 year waiting list Shocked
snow conditions
@NickyJ, ah, ok, that sort of guarantee would be quite attractive!
snow conditions
I don’t know if it is a child free place. Her children were very small then and pre skiing. They take them nowadays at ripe old ages of 7 and 9 - well would if they could,
ski holidays
Pamski wrote:
I don’t know if it is a child free place. Her children were very small then and pre skiing. They take them nowadays at ripe old ages of 7 and 9 - well would if they could,

Reading reviews, one complaint was from somebody who was hoping for that but was spoilt by children! My girls are 12 & 15….. so unlikely to upset others.

Nb this is the place we are looking to book
ski holidays
NickyJ wrote:
I am getting VERY tempted to blow our budget and book accommodation at the top of the Crest ski lift from Champoluc.

I have been trying to understand the lift operating times as we would be reliant on that to get upto the accommodation and if we wanted to spend a bit of time in town in the evening.

Has anybody done this? How does it work?

Also the day we arrive do we have to pay for a ticket to get upto to the hotel with our luggage?

This is what the website (visit monterosa) says on times:

From 10/01/2022
– From Sunday to Thursday
→ Runs at 6.50am – 7.55am – 6.30pm – 7.30pm – 10.15pm – 11pm
– Every Friday and Saturday + every day from Saturday 19-02-2022 to Saturday 06-03-2022 + Sunday 17-04-2022
→ Runs at 6.50am – 7.55am – 6.30pm – 7.30pm – 10.30pm – 11.30pm

This confuses me no end!

Hi Nicky, when you arrive, you would need to buy a ticket to get to your accommodation, they should come and collect your luggage (you wouldn’t be wanting to haul it there yourself). They will let you know what times they can do that if they are restricted.

If you want to go down to the town in the evenings, you’re pretty much stuck down there until 10.15 or 10.30pm but that’s ok if you’re eating out. Once you’ve got your ski pass, trips down and back in the evenings are included.

I’ve stayed up there (although not at the Cre Forne) lots of times and it works fine. That hotel is easily walkable from the lift along a footpath.

PM me if you want to know anything else. It’s lovely to stay up there, so peaceful.
latest report
@_sam_?, I did kind of hope the transit would be free for guests on day of arrival and leaving…. Sad. However was getting vibe it wouldnt be. Need to look carefully at our flight times and time we need to leave accommodation as we have flights to Geneva and we had been intending to o to Morzine
snow report
It’s not much, only a couple of euros if I remember
snow conditions
All plans are getting complicated aren’t they @NickyJ,

@under a new name, 2 year waiting list, blimey! Daughter got a bit caught out really as they had pushed the boat out for their 40th, and then friends asked them to join a party of a few more the next year, and they had a ‘really good deal’ - but somehow plans changed and morphed into the second visit.
snow report
I have taken the plunge and booked this. Thanks for your help.

I am praying that my youngest gets her second vaccine as booked on 16th Jan, U.K. drop the test before entry requirements and and no rules change that prevent it happening.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy