Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

2 metres of snow !!

Poster: A snowHead
Going to la thuile on Sunday and from today fir ten days it says 2 metres if snow... stone me thats a lot...after over 35 years of skiing I've never been anywhere that has this forecast.. anyone else going to the area
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Wow - we are booked to go in April.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
yorkshirelad wrote:
Going to la thuile on Sunday and from today fir ten days it says 2 metres if snow... stone me thats a lot...after over 35 years of skiing I've never been anywhere that has this forecast.. anyone else going to the area

No, I think it's just you wink Skullie
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
billy no mates Very Happy
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
You never know, might get quarantined there. Extra 2 weeks Very Happy Very Happy

May be worth getting a longer ski pass
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Now thats a good idea...i can live in hope, 4 of us might have to share with next lot coming out
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Deffo remember a trip there with one metre many years ago. Late 90s? Had to shovel the car out and there was one car parked by the road that had been completely covered by snow pushed up by the plough
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
You'd better hope there's not 2 metres of snow, which would probably close all lifts and could make road access very difficult.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
That will be those overly optimistic weather sites at it again. You’ll probably get a couple of inches...
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Was around 60 cm forecast here near chamonix for the two days might have had 15 at most, we have been here six weeks and every fall has been far less than predicted, looks like the French are as bad as the uk for rubbish forecasting
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@robs1, But Meteo France don't put amount of snowfall on their site!
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
pam w wrote:
You'd better hope there's not 2 metres of snow, which would probably close all lifts and could make road access very difficult.

From my perspective would give a wonderful freshen up and base for April.... if we are still allowed to visit Italy by then Sad.

Have to confess I checked my travel insurance did cover in terms of cancellation last night and have made the decision not to book the 4 private lessons (2 mornings for my daughter), plus 1 morning for me and 1 for my other daughter at the same time, as not sure that I would get the money back from that as there is normally a clause which is if you know there may be a reason why you will have to cancel when you book something it isn’t covered.... wondering if this falls into that category?
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@NickyJ, the FCO havent said not to travel so you know of no reason why you would have to cancel...surely
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
usually they take rain forecast & multiply it by 10
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
holidayloverxx wrote:
@NickyJ, the FCO havent said not to travel so you know of no reason why you would have to cancel...surely

I phoned travel insurance company this morning and they don’t take that stance... though that was exactly what I said to them.

If you know of a reason “why you MAY need to cancel at time of booking” you aren’t covered.

She did helpfully suggest that I contact ski school to see what their cancellation policy under these terms are. I can see it is in their interests to offer the ability to cancel if the resort can’t be reached as without it, I am not going to pre-book. By me pre-booking they get the money into their accounts. We are in the lucky position that we can all ski without lessons. With my children doing 5 mornings of ski school during Feb, I wanted to asses how that went before deciding exactly what to book for Easter (plus was useful you spread out financial payments!)
ski holidays
chocksaway wrote:
@robs1, But Meteo France don't put amount of snowfall on their site!

Or you don't know where to look

MF predictions were
Tue 40cm
We'd 30cm
Thu 20cm

For the MB area at 1800 meters
latest report
I have used snow forecast .com
snow conditions
robs1 wrote:

Are they French?
snow conditions
Confusing snow depth with snow fall?
snow conditions
https://www.snow-forecast.com/resorts/La-Thuile/6day/mid

Something like 60cm up to Wednesday evening at mid-station.

Snow depth at bottom 2.1m up to 2.9m at top.

Great but not exceptional.

Best news is light winds...
ski holidays
@yorkshirelad, Off to La Rosiere next week, 2 metres in the village and 3 metres on Mont Valasian, in my experience that's usual for 1st week of March, we always expect to dig the car out at least twice during the week. More snow expected for Sunday.
snow report
Lee Shaw wrote:
@yorkshirelad, Off to La Rosiere next week, 2 metres in the village and 3 metres on Mont Valasian, in my experience that's usual for 1st week of March, we always expect to dig the car out at least twice during the week. More snow expected for Sunday.

Please keep us updated.

Looking at 14 March
latest report
Do keep us updated. I am also wondering how you will get on in the airports getting to and from La Thuile. I hope to fly out on the 20th.
latest report
davidof wrote:
robs1 wrote:

Are they French?

Not sure but they cover all ski resorts world wide, you get 6 days forecast free if you want more you can pay for it
ski holidays
robs1 wrote:
davidof wrote:
robs1 wrote:

Are they French?

Not sure but they cover all ski resorts world wide, you get 6 days forecast free if you want more you can pay for it

British.

Based out of Cardiff.
snow conditions
yep La Thule is catching some this week around half meter on SF, wepowder, meteoblu and animations on swissmeteo ...it will be on thaw freeze so take care.
snow conditions
@davidof, Go on give us a clue - not on the standard pages that I use.
snow conditions
@Mike Pow, Will do
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@chocksaway, http://www.meteofrance.com/previsions-meteo-montagne/bulletin-avalanches/savoie/OPP06
snow report
chocksaway wrote:
@davidof, Go on give us a clue - not on the standard pages that I use.

Metro France have 3 day snow accumulation pages buried in their site. Following is one for Avoriaz which I have bookmarked. It’s possible to tweak the URL to find a French resort near La Thule, perhaps La Rossiere.

http://www.meteofrance.com/previsions-meteo-montagne/neige/avoriaz/74110
snow report
Thanks @Ozboy, I read the BERA every day and that only gives 2 days so I was intrigued by @davidof, showing 3 days. That is very well buried as you say, I have worked it back to Tignes and its now bookmaked.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy