Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Skimojo help Saalbach -Hinterglemm

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Help please- are there any Snowheads who are in Saalbach today that use a Skimojo? If you do and are leaving this weekend you may be able to help.
I use a skimojo gold - this morning one of the units failed- ski mojo are shipping me a replacement, but it won’t arrive until Monday or Tuesday. If you have a gold ski mojo and are leaving today/tomorrow would you be willing to loan me one of your units???

Thanks in advance

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Fri 28-02-20 14:04; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@Yorksboy, might get more attention if you put Saalbach in the thread title
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@holidayloverxx, thanks -done it
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Just a little update on this. I was playing quite happily on The Kohlmais in some beautiful fresh snow this morning (about 11:30) when I heard and felt a huge “twang” from my left knee. Luckily it wasn’t my knee, but it was the cable in my left side skimojo giving up the ghost. So I skied down to the Asteralm and ordered a hot chocolate with rum to ponder. I then telephoned Skimojo in the UK and explained my situation as it is Friday and I have another week in Saalbach, they said that they could send me a replacement next business day if I could get an order in ASAP. After a few attempts I managed to get a good WiFi signal whilst sat on the Kohlmaisbahn gondola and ordered a replacement unit. Within an hour I have a shipping confirmation email from ups and the replacement will be here on Monday. I then had a telephone conversation with the folk at skimojo and they said they were actually sending me 2 units and would repair the broken one when I get back to the UK! This will mean for the future I will a spare unit.

This is my second season using a skimojo. I used it for 4 weeks last winter and this is the third week this season. Skimojo are repairing under warranty. I must say I am very happy with the device itself and the excellent service from them. I would recommend carrying a spare main unit with you ( as I will in the future). Skimojo has enabled me to continue skiing!!
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@Yorksboy, ski mojo has worked brilliantly for me for several years. I think that you have been very unlucky having a cable failure - I've not heard of one before - not that that helps you. Is there a ski mojo agent at Saalbach? If so they may be able to provide you with a unit, with an agreement to accept the replacement on some sort of deal - ideally refunding any deposit you make, or maybe just charging a hire fee. just a thought - it could keep you skiing.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
It is the big issue with them that if something breaks you are pretty much snookered as they do not have many resorts with agents.

The plastic wheel that the cable runs over disintegrated on mine a couple of years back, in Whistler - had to ski without them for the last couple of days. I do have to say that they do fix things that are wrong though, the support from UK is brilliant and you can't make something so complicated that is always perfect.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@achilles, unfortunately no dealer in Saalbach.
@Jake43, to be fair I had read that the cables can break with age, just didn’t expect it at 7 weeks.
Support from Skimojo was very quick, getting next business day delivery it’s just unfortunate that it’s the weekend.
As soon as I heard the ‘twang’ I new it was the cable, with hindsight I should have carried a spare. It was the mojo on my left leg that broke, it is my right that’s badly affected with arthritis. I did carry on skiing, at first with the mojo switched off. However, I’ve found that leaving the right one on does help with my bad leg. Hopefully I can manage a couple of days like this!
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
The baring wheel thing in mine went in week 2, a clasp had gone week one. Was not feeling they were made well.
But once fixed (no quibble) they have now been fine for 5 weeks....
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy