Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Finally skiing again

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I had a spiral fracture of my tibia 2 years ago ( coming back into the piste way too fast , entirely my fault )
I have a plate and 13 screws. It runs the entire length of a ski boot ending at the ankle .
Thé biggest problem was soft tissue damage . It has taken a long old time and still has moments if I don’t do enough stretching .
I tried a quick a couple of hundred metres on piste last season just to see if it was ever going to fly . All hope was not lost ....
This year I started out in November and have progressively got better . I got new boots and use gel pads which help .
The main problem is in my head ! Fear that something will go horribly wrong !
Almost over that now and I think things will be OK .

You cannot underestimate the amount of work it takes ( and pain !) to get back . So for any of you who think it may never happen ...just keep trying .
I did not have the plate removed . I can live with that but not a whole new lot of tissue damage .

Sorry I didn’t find this forum years ago Very Happy
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I got back to skiing after a spinal fusion - and it's a long road of rehab, physio and gradual fitness training.....but I'm back skiing, so it's worth every hour of it.

I'm glad there is light at the end of the tunnel.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Salomon wrote:
I had a spiral fracture of my tibia 2 years ago ( coming back into the piste way too fast , entirely my fault )
I have a plate and 13 screws. It runs the entire length of a ski boot ending at the ankle .
Thé biggest problem was soft tissue damage . It has taken a long old time and still has moments if I don’t do enough stretching .
I tried a quick a couple of hundred metres on piste last season just to see if it was ever going to fly . All hope was not lost ....
This year I started out in November and have progressively got better . I got new boots and use gel pads which help .
The main problem is in my head ! Fear that something will go horribly wrong !
Almost over that now and I think things will be OK .

You cannot underestimate the amount of work it takes ( and pain !) to get back . So for any of you who think it may never happen ...just keep trying .
I did not have the plate removed . I can live with that but not a whole new lot of tissue damage .

Sorry I didn’t find this forum years ago Very Happy

Well done - its hard to achieve on your own.
Psychological readiness to return to sport is a huge issue that is think is very neglected by many surgeons.
It is slowly gaining better recognition.
I talk to my ACL patients about it early in the recovery programme and also score them to monitor progress.
It’s why i take my patients skiing- if they want.

Jonathan Bell
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy