Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Swollen feet remedy?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I have always suffered when skiing with swollen feet. As a result after a couple of hours I get the crushing feet pain. No matter what I have tried with boots I have to suffer it on every trip. This is caused by a number of things, altitude, cold as well as the restriction to circulation buckling the boots causes. Is there a medication I can safely use that will reduce the swelling in my feet and hence the discomfort but be safe to obviously have with the après beers later in the day.
Whilst trekking in the Pyrenees I again noticed my feet swell up with the combination of altitude and the heat. 57 year old, in good health and would I'm fit for my age.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Funnily enough I was having a conversation today with a friend whose doctor daughter has been working in Addis Ababba. On a high mountain trek there, she was advised by another local doctor to take Dioralyte while at altitude to realign her electrolytes to make her feel better & reduce the swelling in her fingers. I've no idea if it works, but might be worth a try
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@genepi, interesting. I get swollen fingers at altitude, but not feet.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Again, funny you say that as my Trek was the Camino De Santiago in northern Spain which was 600 odd miles and the first 2/3 weeks I was drinking dioralyte a lot to keep my levels up. Feet still did swell after 2/3 hours and was put right by simply stopping for 5 minutes remove my boots and massage my feet. If I ignored it was very painful but not to the degree of ski boots which I am sure is then made a lot worse due to the securing buckles on them which when the feet swell cuts off circulation.
To think I every year and sometimes twice put myself through this for the love of skiing and the mountains.
Thanks for your replies.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Non elastic socks might help.. I find that boots thta are too tight when snowboarding can make sollen feet a lot worse.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Hurtle wrote:
@genepi, interesting. I get swollen fingers at altitude, but not feet.

So do I, but not when skiing. It is usually when I am walking, and if I am walking without poles, so easily remedied. I guess the poles stops it happening when skiing too.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@Scarlet Fez, have you seen (in not any particular order) either a very good, recommended boot fitter (boots maybe causing circulation issues) or a doctor/foot expert?

Buckling boots up should cause circulation issues.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Massage is the best remedy for swollen feet. Also you can soak your feet in tonic water which help to reduce swelling. You can also do a salt water soak instead of tonic soak.
snow conditions
 nanatalie
nanatalie
Massage is one of the effective ways to improve blood circulation and reduce swelling, but this can only be done after the end of the day. During the day, I rely on men compression hose stockings that support blood vessels to reduce swelling in my legs. After the calf is supported, the support pressure of the muscles is reduced and they can remain in their original position without expanding.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy