Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Corbet’s couloir

Poster: A snowHead
This is how to make an entrance:
https://www.instagram.com/p/B8eNy_-Fqee/?igshid=1fsgcjg73trmg

The Kings and Queens of Corbets is quite a comp!
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Can't find it now, but there was also the first female back flip into Corbets.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Now that is advanced skiing.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Tw@@@@t! Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
Just as you manage to convince yourself that you are ok at skiing, someone demonstrates that you have only just progressed past intermediate rolling eyes rolling eyes rolling eyes
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Great skills etc, but is it really skiing? More gymnastics / acrobatics from what we see on the clip. I did watch quite a bit of it, and admire the athletes , but I think I'm just getting old..
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Yes, it’s skiing
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Wow.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Easy..... Laughing
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
SHAP wrote:

Let me help you with that
https://www.instagram.com/p/B8cMWQYhh8B/

As they both landed them, that's definitely skiing
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Parachuting without the parachute, or bungee jumping without the elastic if you ask me.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
endoman wrote:
Great skills etc, but is it really skiing? More gymnastics / acrobatics from what we see on the clip. I did watch quite a bit of it, and admire the athletes , but I think I'm just getting old..

twoodwar wrote:
Parachuting without the parachute, or bungee jumping without the elastic if you ask me.

It's one of the most famous runs/routes in the world, it'll appear on any list of '10 toughest ski runs' etc. A lot of them are going inverted twice, or spinning off the jumps into the couloir, then landing and skiing the run at Mach 3. Not to mention the other natural and man made features on the way down that they're also sending.

I'd say that's real skiing.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
If you click the little arrow on the RH side of the clip you'll see another video of him landing the jump. It was touch and go, but he had time to recover before launching off another ramp! He's lived to fight another day.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
under a new name wrote:
Wow.

+1

How things have moved on

When I worked in Courchevel in 93/94 there was an early freeride competition that took place in the couloirs between the Saulire cable car and the Gd Couloir.
There were a few front and back flips pulled out but very few people attempted to land spins on steep uneven ground. The winner - a young local lad - pulled out a big heli right off the entry lip and landed it on a 45% slope before managing both a back flip and a front flip off ridges lower down but noone tried anything like THAT!
(in fairness - everyone was on 2m+skinny skis)
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
MagSeven wrote:

I'd say that's real skiing.

Hell yeah!!! Landing a big air on a steep, tracked face, and needing to quickly get in position for the 2nd feature requires every top level free riding skill. Check out last years winner Karl Fostvedt now film riding:
https://www.instagram.com/p/B7WQW8MAHxr/?igshid=1d96m3iyb4vng
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
It’s way beyond me that’s for sure. Done some airbag stuff but that’s my limit!
snow conditions
Those are great skiers. But when the skis stay OFF the snow for longer than it stays on, I call that "not skiing". Very Happy

It's a different skill and different sensation. While we all admire their gut and skill, I don't think there's too much overlap between what the freeriders enjoy and what we enjoy.

(I did a bit of gymnastic as a school kid. I would still jump off anything and everything when I perceive I have a safe landing. But the sensation is NOT the thrill of landing it. It's the free fall. The sense of weightlessness is...priceless!)

That said, it is "skiing" as in snowboarding is also "skiing".
snow conditions
This one amazes me on a sit ski, big balls that's for sure
http://youtube.com/v/diuX1MqDuoE

Skip to 6:15 for the jump
ski holidays
betterinblack wrote:
SHAP wrote:

Let me help you with that
https://www.instagram.com/p/B8cMWQYhh8B/

As they both landed them, that's definitely skiing

Cheers for that.
snow report
robert95 wrote:
This one amazes me on a sit ski, big balls that's for sure
http://youtube.com/v/diuX1MqDuoE

Skip to 6:15 for the jump

That is phenomenal, the balance and athleticism needed to land that on a sit-ski. More about the skier here: https://www.rei.com/blog/snowsports/trevor-kennison-the-skier-everyone-is-talking-about. The linked article says he's been course-testing for the FWQs - does anyone know more about that?
latest report
OK now obsessed with reading about this guy! Apparently Tanner Hall and Michelle Parker have both recognised what he's done:

“It’s pretty surreal. It’s awesome and at the same time it’s really humbling. These are my idols and I look up to them. It’s so cool to think that they look up to me too, in a way that changes their perspective. It’s really cool. I think I’m turning a lot of heads, but I just want to keep doing what I’m doing, keep giving back and loving life. It’s cool what I’m doing now, people are taking note.”

https://www.newschoolers.com/news/read/The-Trevor-Kennison-Interview
latest report
For any North American serious skier, it's a bucket list run. Similar to hiking up Spanky's Ladder and dropping into one of the bowls. Or Palisades in Squaw or Big Couloir in Big Sky.
ski holidays
abc wrote:
I don't think there's too much overlap between what the freeriders enjoy and what we enjoy

Not sure you’re representative. Most Snowheads nail tricks like this on their warm up lap Very Happy
ski holidays
Some serious core strength required to save that Shocked

ski holidays
This kid is braver than me... https://www.instagram.com/p/B84nkiJHSzj/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy