Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Watching Downhill World Cup Live

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi all,

Going to La Rosiere on the 29th of Feb. On the 1st the Women's Downhill World Cup is taking place in La Thuile, so naturally thinking of going "over" to watch it and take it all in. I've never been to an event like that before so could someone tell me what the deal is or any tips to best experience the event? Can we just ski down one of the other runs to the bottom, walk up and watch? Or is it ticketed?
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
It isn't a Downhill, it is a Super G and a Slalom that count towards a combined race result. Each World Cup race is different in terms of what is free or not, there is some info here.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Have been to the World Championships before (not La Thuile) and the finish area/slope was ticketed. Most of the La Thuile course is in a forest so access may be difficult, though the start is above the tree line. Plus La Thuile effectively only has 2 runs down to the village, 1 of which could be completely blocked by the race. Don’t mean to put you off, would be a great experience, but would plan ahead if I were you.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks for the link. Maybe I should of it called it World Cup event. Not too worried what discipline it is, just keen to go see it in the flesh!
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks Didier. From memory it's not a massive journey across from La Rosiere, so may head over and see what the deal is. The Link rjs mentions there are some free areas to stand alongside the slope in places, so will try and find one of those. Even if we are only there for a short while, would be great to see it.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@Gassy222, go. It is a fun experience no matter where you sit/stand/ski. My preference is to check out the course on skis, starting at the start area and working down as best you can; this varies from place to place and can be limited as has been noted. You get a feel for the course that way, but they fly by pretty fast so after watching a few skiers on the course I head for the finish area, where you get the full vibe of all the people, and usually some TV monitors of the action as well.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy