Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Starling Bank - Resorts/locations for ATMs with no fees

Poster: A snowHead
As Starling Bank have a debit/ATM card that doesn't charge you a fee at their end, and gives you good exchange rates - it annoys me when some foreign bank decides to charge me a fortune for using their ATM.
Starling don't have a list of the banks worldwide where their cards are fee free, so here's a thread to capture information/experience of where you've found fee free (or not free) withdrawal ATMs
I'll start the ball rolling with experience of BB16

Italy, Arraba - Raiffeisen Val Badia. No fee, located just below the main square in Arabba
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
When I was in Morzine they offered you the transaction in Euros or their own Conversion to GBB, chose Euros, no fees
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
in Selva

Raiffeisen - my Revolut card wouldn't work
Sparkasse - did (no charge)
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
In case Admin's dreams of a Japanese Bash ever come about:

Japan - 7-11 store ATMs - No fees
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
swskier wrote:
When I was in Morzine they offered you the transaction in Euros or their own Conversion to GBB, chose Euros, no fees

Dcc or direct currency conversion is a rip off, the banks set the conversion rate ridiculously low. The one and only benefit of using dcc for card transactions abroad is if you are on an absolutely fixed budget of your home currency. E.g. to you know you have £100 left and you don't want to chance a declined ten or going over limit.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I’ve never had any problems with ATMs using Revolut. Used it in Austria, France and Italy with no fees as long as you avoid letting the bank do the conversion and always withdraw in euros. @Fozzie, I’ve used that bank in Arabba before but over the last few years I’ve used La Posta ATM which is slightly nearer to the Portovescovo and as I’ve stayed in the apartments is very convenient.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@GeePee - the question is whether the "La Posta" ATM charges you a fee, even in Revolut doesn't.
AFAIK - the UniCredit ATM in Arraba does charge a fee (for anyone apart from UniCredit account holders)
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
What is Starling Bank?
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@Fozzie, No, there’s never been a fee on my La Posta withdrawals over the last few years.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@under a new name, one of these new challenger banks ... govt wanted them set up after the crash to challenge the big 4.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
under a new name wrote:
What is Starling Bank?

As stated above its an online only challenger bank, Revolt and Monzo are the same.

They tend to offer foreign transactions with no additional fee using the mastercard exchange rate. And in Europe at least unlimited withdrawals from ATM's with no additional charges.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
We've been choosing (i.e. walking past other banks to get to one) Sparkasse in numerous places in Austria and Germany - no charges.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Starling are superb, saved me a fortune compared with what RBS would have charged me over the last few years.
One thing that cought me out this year tho was the daily withdrawal limit of £300, of course the Italian hotelier only wanted cash!
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
wardy89 wrote:
under a new name wrote:
What is Starling Bank?

As stated above its an online only challenger bank, Revolt and Monzo are the same.

They tend to offer foreign transactions with no additional fee using the mastercard exchange rate. And in Europe at least unlimited withdrawals from ATM's with no additional charges.

Starling are unlimited, monzo are something low like £200/month, no idea about Revolut. Starling definitely the pick of the bunch.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
I have all 3
Revoult, Starling & Monzo.
Helps with the monthly ATM limits Toofy Grin
Starling tends to work better at certain places like petrol pumps (basically, anything that only debits a 'hold' ie pre-pay)
snow conditions
vfr4 wrote:
wardy89 wrote:
under a new name wrote:
What is Starling Bank?

Starling are unlimited, monzo are something low like £200/month, no idea about Revolut. Starling definitely the pick of the bunch.

As of earlier this month Monzo lifted the limit on the number/amount of cash you can get out in Europe without charge. Like starling it is now unlimited.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy