Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Smoking in Austrian Ski Resorts

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Has anyone been skiing in Austria this season? Has the smoking ban in all public places which came into force in Austria on 1st November 2019 made a difference in bars and restaurants? Just wondered if the law is being enforced?
Would love to know as this would make a difference to our group skiing there.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@Herman munster, yes the smoking ban has been in place since 1st November. It's great. Going to huts, bars, etc. is no longer an unpleasant, smelly experience (with the caveat that of course there are still some sweaty people about, if anything, this is more noticeable now!). The only issue is the same thing that happened in the UK, often you have to battle your way through a carcinogenic fug as you enter/exit premises.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Yes, yes, and yes.

The net result is that the doorways of bars and restaurants are now blocked by smokers, and the outside areas of alms are almost exclusively for smokers as they have nowhere else to go. Great on a cold, snowy day where the inside is lovely, not so good on a bluebird day when you want to be on the deck outside
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Excellent! can put up with people smoking outside as long its not in the bars. Will now look forward to skiing again in Austrian resorts.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@Herman munster, As above, but it's not quite as extensive as in the UK, which I understand to be a full public spaces and workspaces ban. Here, it has definitely improved the interior of bars and restaurants, but doesn't seem to extend to e.g. station platforms.

I did find it slightly odd that the hospital had a Kiosk in the foyer selling cigarettes Confused
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Many of our local mountain huts and restaurants had banned smoking inside already, in anticipation of the ban.

All have now complied and it’s a much nicer environment. Haven’t really noticed much of an issue outside...but then, I do smoke
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Excellent news that the ban is being enforced at last.

What is the situation with vaping?
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@Gyro, I haven;t seen any vaping indoors since the ban
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy