Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski Sunday - Adaptive Skiing, Feb 9th

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Sorry admin, if in the wrong place but I wanted to be sure as many people saw this before this Sunday.

Ski Sunday , joined us in Neiderau, 2 weeks ago with the Jumberlance Trust, taking 9 adaptive skiers to the Austrian slopes, for 6 days of sun, ski and snow.

The charity Ski Inclusive, stepped in to supply instructors, buddy skiers and support to help rescue the trip - at very short notice.
The Gloucester Disabled Ski Club supplied all the ski equipment, which included 6 sit skis.
My son and I only had 3 weeks notice, from a garbled phone call, received just after Christmas....

Aimee Fuller joined us for 2 days, during filming, so hopefully the program will reflect the effort and hard work our skiers put in during their holiday.

It was a fabulous week, with 9 fabulous skiers.

Hopefully the program will also reflect the efforts put in by the volunteers, whether instructors, carers, skiers or support staff, that help charities, trusts and disabled ski clubs throughout the UK.

I am sure your local disabled ski club would appreciate additional volunteers, so if you are inspired by the program, or want to know more, contact your local ski centre.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Thanks for the heads-up, will look out for this, I saw Aimee Fuller tweet about this midweek
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Likewise, picked up through AF on Facebook. Look forward to the full piece on Sunday.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Looking forward to seeing this later today. Quite a few years ago we coincided with a championships event for adaptive skiers in Niederau which was an incredibly inspiring, humbling, impressive few days.

To see the huge amount of hard work that went into the running of the whole thing, and to be sitting in a bar and be joined by a chap who sat down and calmly took his legs off ‘for a bit of a rest’ put a lot of so called problems into perspective.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@noisey, I think Ski Sunday did you proud; thanks for the heads-up.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
achilles wrote:
@noisey, I think Ski Sunday did you proud; thanks for the heads-up.

+1. Best bit of the programme.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
+1 Looks like everybody had a great time. AF looked like she had a good time meeting the skiers and helpers
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Great piece, hats off to all involved. Enjoy these bits on ski Sunday much more than the competition.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
A really great watch, I'll admit it bought a tear to my eye! Everyone should have access to the mountains, what a wonderful effort to provide such a great opportunity.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Was really uplifting, from what I saw AF seemed to be genuinely impressed by the set up, and seemed to have a lot of time for the skiers and helpers.

It was a great segment, and in my opinion what ski Sunday should show more often, a bit like the format was several years ago.

Yes, the racing/competing is interesting, but the real life stories of the general public can inspire more to take up the sport
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Agree, absolutely brilliant segement.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Me and the OH both agreed on what a superb piece it was. Very uplifting and the smiles on the face is what hitting the pistes is all about.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@noisey, very well done, that was indeed the best part of the prog, in stark contrast to the 'look at me' antics of the other presenters. Funnily enough I saw Aimee Fuller in Waterloo Station Pret-a-Manger week before last. I wasn't sure enough it was her at the time and I hate accosting young ladies in public places saying things like "are you Aimee" when normally I've got it wrong and just look like a stalker.

Good to see Niederau on the box too.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
It's always good to see these guys back every year. I usually bit of banter around the lifts with them while I am working but unfortunately missed them this year as I was away due to a family illness. My son did manage to get himself into 2 shots though snowHead
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Cheers everyone.
It was great to be able to showcase adaptive skiing on the TV, showing real "inclusivity" , showing that once people gain access to the mountains they can have a real ball. It was a shame AF and cameraman didn't stay longer than 2 days, so they could have shown the successes and progression of our skiers throughout the week. But hey ho, that is TV for you..

It was a shame not all was explained, that all the instructors, buddy skiers and support skiers are volunteers, taking time off work to give these wonderful people the opportunity to ski.
That it was a combined effort of the Jumberlance Trust, Ski Inclusive charity and the Gloucester Disabled Ski Club (who supplied all the equipment) .
Plus it would have been nice to give some perspective on that for each adaptive skier at least 3 volunteers are needed on the mountain, including a carer, some of us only had 3 weeks notice in order to save the holiday.

It was great that Ed's story was highlighted but each of our adaptive skiers had a story.
It was brilliant that Dan, Francesca's brother was able to learn to ski with his sister and by the end of the week was able to bucket ski his sister around the mountain.
Beth , who suffers extreme anxiety was able to ski the whole training slope by the end of the week , so as a "reward" was bucket skied over the mountain with her mother, who was hand held outrigger skiing her sit ski...

So many great stories and wonderful skiers, all bringing huge smiles to everyone and adding up to a very successful trip.

The one point they could have made is that this was just one trip, there are many clubs, charities and trusts, who operate on dry slopes and indoor snow domes all year round, that work towards taking adaptive skiers to the mountains on their own holidays in the mountains all across Europe, in some shape or form, throughout the ski season.

Ski Inclusive will be taking a huge number to Pamporovo in Bulgaria for 2 weeks of adaptive skiing in March.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy