Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Falke ski socks - wool vs regular

Poster: A snowHead
Hi, does anyone have an opinion about regular falke sk2 skocks vs wool sk2 socks? Is it worth paying a bit extra and get more wooly socks? ASre they similar thickness?

Any advice appreciated!
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
did not know they did 2 types of sk2. Mine are the £23 ish sort and are great.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thx! Sk4 - what is the difference and ia it worth it?
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I just get the normal SK2's
and for the hiking ones, the TK2's but in the "cool" version.

SK4's are thinner. I stick to the same thickness consistently, to avoid needing to change boot settings. I never wear my single pair of SK1's cos they feel so wrong after always using SK2's.

Prices have gone thru the roof though. They used to be less than €20 but are now priced at €28/pr. Ouch.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I recently bought both to see the difference (I like socks and have fussy feet). First off they are identical in design and thickness, the wool ones were about £5 more expensive, from sport pursuit. The difference is in the materials, regular have 20% wool and much plastic, the wool version has 75% merino and 25% plastic.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@kittya, Great comment, thanks! So you would say between the two, deffo go for merino - better feel/warmth??
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...

Hopefully you can read the label

Last edited by Then you can post your own questions or snow reports... on Tue 28-01-20 18:22; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
bober02 wrote:
@kittya, Great comment, thanks! So you would say between the two, deffo go for merino - better feel/warmth??

Oooh. A compliment, I'll take it even though it is related to my sock obsession snowHead

I prefer the merino, they are equally comfortable though.
It's weird with the warmth, I don't like my feet to get too warm or too cold, the merino, I think, helps to keep them from overheating/getting sweaty & therefore cold. I might be imagining it (I also use boot gloves to help maintain a temperature), also they tend not to develop a sock smell. My daughter on the other hand hates wool and will find comfort in acrylic!!
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
bober02 wrote:
Thx! Sk4 - what is the difference and ia it worth it?

SK4's are thinner than than SK2's

From what i remember SK1's are the thickest and as you go up the numbers they get thinner. So it really depends on how much space you have in your boots, and wether you are after warmth thicker sock or more control thinner sock, its a personal thing. I personally ski SK4's as standard and use SK2's if it is very cold. i do have a set of SK1's although i can't use them with my current boots as they are just to thick.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I am the same with SK4s. I bought two pairs of SK2s at a really cheap price but had to sell them, after an hour with one pair I had to stop for the day due to foot pain, they were way too thick for my liners. Maybe I should have kept them for just before I get new liners Toofy Grin

I now get socks two sizes smaller than my usual shoe size to avoid creases, last year I picked up the womens 41-42 instead of my usual mens 42-43 and they fitted much better (I am generally 43.5). They were in a spring sale at £14, a really good price.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Had my boots fitted with SK2, so perfect.@bober02, question read as though there were 2types of SK2 sock. That did surprise me, - for a good reason it would appear.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
One more question - do there socks pill/tear quickly while using? or are quite durable?
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
bober02 wrote:
One more question - do there socks pill/tear quickly while using? or are quite durable?

Very durable. Wash well retain shape, etc, as you'd expect. Would recommend do as Scarpa suggests and size down, mine are same size as my feet and quite loose, particularly around the skinny ankle.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
bober02 wrote:

I haven't looked after mine particular well, regularly tumble dry them ect. My oldest pairs have done 4 full ski seasons and haven't died yet in fact they are still in really good condition, so i would say they are pretty durable.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
I sized down, they are perfect, I went for wool version, as it is warmer and just better. I just hope it won't tear/pill Smile
snow report
We started off in SK2s. Now on SK4s which we picked up from Sport Pursuit for a very good price. Both very good ski socks. SK4s a bit thinner but both very durable.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy