Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

15yo SL racing daughter - what boot stiffness

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
On the scrounge for help. 15yo daughter is 55kgs and 1.6m tall, but not the most aggressive SL skier, races on plastic reasonably often.
Just got her a set of 90RS Raptors in her size which turn out to have junior fit (not expected), wondering if they are not stiff enough or any other issues with leg fit given they are “junior” (her legs are longer than mine).
Any advice appreciated.
Cheers
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
My daughter when the same age and size had the same boots for dry slope /snow races on the school circuit and all they were fine apart from being difficult to take on and off .

Someone may however tell you different .
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@mcgroa, Why not ask her coaches what they think ?
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@mcgroa, i would have a chat with her coaches, but based on weight and height i would normally be looking at 90-110.... the 90's are generally short cuff (junior or womens cuff) and that boot is one of the shorter ones but even in 110 it will depend on size, up to a 24.5 will often be a short cuff as it is proportional to the boot size

remember flex is only a number, it varies from brand to brand and her lever length and how the cuff of the boot wraps the leg will play a big part in how she bends it
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thx for advice and will do !
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@mcgroa,

CEM is much better qualified to comment but FWIW my son is ~1.7m and 60kg and is currently skiing in Lange RS90. He is very slim but has strong legs and is a good technical skier (although not racing). I bought the boots second hand as a bit of a stop gap last year (he has just turned 17 and I'm hoping to put off buying his first properly fitted new boots until next season. Was nervous that they might not be supportive enough but I didn't have a lot of choice in a narrow/low volume last.

Anyway they are working well for him and he's happy. He is very intolerant of roomy boots but probably a bit more relaxed about stiffness (skis very centred and balanced).

Just bought my daughter (same age and dimensions as yours!) new boots (apparently girls' feet tend to stop growing at 15 fingers crossed) and she is in Lange XT Free 110 LV and is not finding them overly stiff.

Guess I'm saying that I think you can get too hung up on flex.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Thanks
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy