Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

St.Foy - Accommodation recommendation

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone has recommendations for accommodation near the nursery slopes in St.Foy. Probably prefer catered but if self catered comes with a pool open to both/either.

Thanks
DF
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
How many people ??
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
2 and 1 little one
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
We stayed here https://www.smallwonders.eu/chalet-white-eden-sainte-foy-tarentaise/ 4 years ago, mid-Jan when they were still just getting started. I think it may be rather more expensive now but it was lovely. Food was excellent, bedrooms were comfy and luxuriously fitted out. Both family suites worked well, the one with a separate box/bunk room would be great for a family with teens. Well looked after hot tub and the option to join the free ski safari to VDI one day, or maybe it was 2, can`t recall. Some of the younger staff were a bit clueless but were generally well supervised and all very friendly and helpful.

Location wise - Plus side, right beside a blue piste going down into the village. Downside, our complete beginner had rather a walk to the nursery slope for lessons until he could get down it.

@Dublinfella, There are probably better options for you nearer the nursery slopes but I thought it worth a mention just in case.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
An appt right above the ski school meeting place and nursery slope and sledging area.

Sainte-Foy uncovered and Auburge Montangr have some. They don’t have pool though.

The MMV ones via peak retreats have a pool and are adjacent to the nursery slope.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
There are three Apartment residences with swimming pools , CHG and MMV are right beside the nursery slopes with the CHG overlooking . The Ruitor also has a pool and is 200m down a short hill .

There are many chalet companies operating in Ste Foy I’ve not heard of any bad reputations and most are in modern buildings so I can’t see you having any problems it’s really down to you to work out if you want catered or self catered .

I have followed your other thread and I think you are making the right choice especially if your coming out of season . I really would recommend coming in the 2nd or 3rd week in March it’s the best time for a relaxing holiday and for a three year old to learn , not too cold .
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
At Christmas we stayed at Les Fermes de Sainte Foy (CGH). It was very good: right by nursery slope, and only short walk to ski school. Apartments are nice, but felt dated compared to say CGH Centaure in Flaine, though that's quite new. Pool was nice and uncrowded, though mostly unattended which was good and bad. They even have free underground carpark 100m up the road, which has 3m ceiling so no roof box issues.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@stefoy4me, thanks for the steer. Will look up them.
@Rob Mackley, thanks for the advice and the confirmation of decision Wink yeah we are looking bat those exact weeks. Just trying to get the ducks waddling in somewhat of a line. .
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@Dublinfella,

Go on the Friends of Sainte-Foy-Tarentaise Facebook page , some are making requests for Apartment recommendations at the times your looking at seems to be lots of discounts on offer from some good small private operations . Well worth a look .
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@Rob Mackley, brilliant. Thanks. Will go and have a look shortly
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
We went with Venture ski in 2018 and were very pleased. The in house crèche was handy and the pool was a bonus.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Etoile Des Cimes is a good value Self-Catering option with pool.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy