Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Rocky Pop Hotel and similar places?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Anyone been to Rocky Pop or a similar place?
By similar, I guess I mean a budget place with a fun hostel-type atmosphere but where you can have your own room. I'm planning a short break but would like to stay somewhere like this if possible. Thanks in advance for suggestions! N Neige
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I've stayed at the Rocky Pop last winter and enjoyed it so much I took my family there last summer. Really like the atmosphere, layout, style. Very relaxed. Love the fact you get free babyfoot and pool instead of squeezing that stuff out of you as well. How can you not love being greeted by R2D2 and C3PO when you arrive in a hotel?

A similar property is the Base Camp Lodge in Bourg St Maurice. Only opened this winter, but good base for Les Arcs (particularly if you travelled by train like me) and/or other resorts if you have a car. Funky choice of rooms, informaal style
https://www.hotel-basecamplodge.com/
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Not stayed myself but considered using Ho36 hostel in Les Menuires a few times but often booked up. Looks like they’ve got a sister one in La Plagne now too.

https://www.ho36hostels.com/en/les-menuires-en/
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Ho36 hostels are great, I've used their one in Lyon a couple of times. They do private rooms as well for a very good price.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Yep.
Been there a few times including with a group of mates a few weeks ago.
Great place by the buses too ( just wish chamonix would put more buses on, like other resorts usually do ie morzine etc....)
Be warned though, even though it’s only a few km from chamonix centre, after 11pm the flat rate for a taxi is €40.... Most expensive can I’ve ever taken...
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Can.... cab
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Many thanks for these. The Rocky Pop sounds cool! May try and head there at the end of the month for a couple of days.
Will look into the Ho36 places, too.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy