Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Orelle gondola closed until February 16th

Poster: A snowHead
Just had message from 3V App that the Orelle gondola is closed until Feb 16th inclusive due to a landslide. That's going to mess up a few people's holidays Sad

If you're affected, it says Contact STOR for more information +33 4 79 56 88 01
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
The trois vallees express? Down to Francoz/bonvillard?
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Yes
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
there goes my ski trip... this is horrible!
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thankfully I'm in VT next week but really feel for those in valley 4... Long trip round.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
How long is the journey Smile
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
If you're going to Orelle then there are many easier options than driving round to Val Thorens:

http://www.maurienne-tourisme.com/ski/stations/

A good excuse to go explore!
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
How long is the journey Smile
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@charlie26: between 2 and 3 hours to drive round, I'd estimate. You'd have to come out of the Maurienne valley, back up to Albertville, then on to Moutiers and all the way up the Belleville valley (though Meribel or Bride les Bains may be easier). All assumes you have a car; by taxi you might be shelling out rather a lot. Or if you prefer, bus to Modane, train to Chambery, then back to Moutiers and a shorter (!) taxi ride to finish.

Frankly, contemplating doing this every day is a bit silly. As altis suggests, anyone staying in or around Orelle and not able to take the VT lift would be far better off enjoying the many ski resorts local to the valley: Les Karellis, La Norma, Termignon, Bonneval, to name but a few, all linked with a free bus I believe and - I have heard - possible to get a valley pass.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
altis wrote:
If you're going to Orelle then there are many easier options than driving round to Val Thorens:

http://www.maurienne-tourisme.com/ski/stations/

A good excuse to go explore!

some great skiing to be had on your doorstep, if you have a car or if they lay on shuttle buses.

There is an old plan "le croix du sud" to link Orelle with Valmeinier
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Thomasski wrote:
Thankfully I'm in VT next week but really feel for those in valley 4... Long trip round.

Surely you would just go to valloire/valmeiner or val cenis or les sybelles or st francois deschamp or another maurienne resort?
Hire a car & explore. Get out of the tourist traps. Lots of little gems in that stretch from st jean de maurienne to the frejus tunnel.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
It might not be that easy for some. If you hadn't budgeted for hiring a car, and maybe already got a 3V pass, you would have some unenviable issues. Obviously there is plenty of other skiing to be had if you have the means!
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
https://www.busradar.com/coach/modane/orelle/

Gives alternative, closest and largest ski area would be Termingnon to get entry to Val Cenis domain.

Maybe the lift companies would deal with transfer of lift pass, worth asking tourist board of possibilities.

Edit ; you'd have to go orelle -Modane -Termingnon to get there.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
On a powder day Termingnon is fantastic, quite an old school feel and great fun.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
VT ski pass usually is included in accommodation price in Orelle offerings. Wasted money.
snow report
Csb123 wrote:
On a powder day Termingnon is fantastic, quite an old school feel and great fun.

Yes, we've been there in March and dumping powder with just three of us on the left side drag lift, piste absolutely to ourselves and wall to wall powder skiing.

Very good restaurant over there too for lunch. And bordercross course, and small Park, and great run down to village, very underated Very Happy
snow report
Details in the local paper say the landslide hit a pylon, but the concrete foundation has not moved and it has not knocked the line out of alignment. However, it has dented the pylon which has to be reinforced. They should have completed a geological survey today to determine the stability of the face that slipped and they are going to build a barrier round the pylon to stop it happening again. Forecast seems to be 7 or 8 days to go before reopening.
snow conditions
Worth putting this in The Piste rather than Weather?
ski holidays
Am hoping the predicted re-opening date is correct, feel sorry for anyone affected this coming week, but will be out the following week and was looking forward to skiing with my girls in all 4 corners of the area!
ski holidays
Is this the lift from Orelle which takes you up to the 3V?
I used it last year to meet my brother who was staying in VT. I was hoping to do the same on Tuesday.
snow report
@Alpinebear, you are correct.

https://orelle.net/page-3vallees-ski-resort-orelle-val-thorens
snow report
@Alpinebear, 'was' is right....
snow conditions
Looks like it will be back in action tomorrow morning (14th Feb).
ski holidays
Saw them testing it today.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy