Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Verbier - Equipment Hire

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I'm taking the nippers (well, they're now 22 & 19) to Verbier at the beginning of next month.

As we're driving in, I'd be able to stop in Le Chable to pick up skis and boots for the two of them. Is that likely to be the cheapest option?

Cheers

Marc
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
The price does not really vary that much.

Happy Sport and Montagne Show are the two shops in Le Chable. Friends of mine have had good experiences with both.
Montagne Show is in the lift station building and has a room where you can leave your kit overnight, and your ordinary shoes when skiing.
Montagne Show is very touring orientated for retail sales...you won't find anywhere with a wider variety of pin bindings for example. Their rental stuff is obviously alpine based, but they have touring and Tele too.

Up in Verbier Mountain Air is the best, right at the Medran base with lockers for your street shoes so no need to haul kit around, just like Montagne Show in Le Chable.

All are cheaper if booked on-line in advance.

Avoid Boit-a-skis, they are useless.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
A lot of people like Ski Service - because they can leave normal shoes/skis & boots at the Ruinettes shop and change on the way up/down (I think that you need to get your initial fitting in the Verbier shop however).
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks guys. I've used Montagne Show before and they were decent.

I'll check out the prices of them, and the of the other two, online.

Last edited by You need to Login to know who's really who. on Wed 12-02-20 12:14; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Another vote for Ski Service Ruinettes branch. That’s where we send our guests and only had positive feedback. Book online and they’ll have kit ready for you up there. If you have very specific needs you may need to pay a visit to the branch in town which carries a bigger stock. As per @rungsp Mountain Air also great selection and very convenient if you want to ski down into town at the end of the day.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy