Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Upcoming Adventure With a 1yr Old

Poster: A snowHead
Hi All,

We are heading over to La Rosiere, France, in the middle of March (only 4 and 1/2 weeks away!!) for our first ski trip (Sunday to Sunday) with our new arrival. We will be enjoying a catered chalet with two other couples (close friends) and their little ones (both the same age as mini hammy).

We have got the little ones in to a naanny service called Snowlittle for:

Monday 9-1
Tuesday 9-5
Thursday 1-5
Friday 9-5

We will then have couples afternoons, lads time, ladies time etc and rotate around etc. Really looking forward to it.

The advise I am looking for is generally what to pack for the little one (apart from the usual obvious stuff)? We have a few bits but does anyone have any great bits of advice from previous experience that they would recommend?

Thanks in advance!
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Err nothing... for the 1yo this will be BAU apart from maybe a bit of playtime in the snow.

By obvious stuff I presume you mean warm clothing for occasional jaunts outside, lots of toys and other things for entertainment.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Sunspecs, changes of gloves. You can hire mountain buggy pushchairs in various places. You need to think about different weather situations - it may be spring like and warm, but it may also be cold and snowy. Our grand children loved playing with a bucket and spade so plastic spoons and cups will provide similar entertainment.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I'll second sunglasses, we forgot about them and had to buy a pair in Corchevel or the child minders wouldnt take her outside. Not the cheapest place to be buying anything.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Good luck with sunglasses - mine always tore them off. Toboganning somewhere gentle might be fun - some kids that age love it. Some don't......Two pairs of mittens better than one. Have a good holiday - going with friends who have kids the same age is a great idea.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Get the sort of gloves tethered by a line running through the jacket sleeves, children that age otherwise lose them far too easily.

If there is a group of same-age children, the chance of them having fun is hugely increased.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Thanks for the advice. We have been away before with mini me however not done it abroad. Luckily being with others will help. Plus he has been in nursery for the past 3 months and loves people!

It was a case of just making sure we werent forgetting anything glaringly obvious or if if there were any top tips. All of the above has been great!
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Calpol. Some favourite foods.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Nappies - cost a fortune unless you can get to the big supermarkets!
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
You can get long sleeved tops which have built-in turn-downs (scratch mittens by design) - maybe these as well as the mitts with a string through the sleeves, as a belt and braces. Suncream with a high factor for outside playtimes, or walks in the buggy. A hat they’ll keep on. If your child has a dummy for nap/sleep time, do take several. My brother and his wife took only one for their heavily-dummy-dependent son, on their first holiday abroad; when it was lost, all sorts of mayhem ensued.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
If you are flying, we have placed an order for baby supplies on Boots (nappies/formula etc) when our son was this age - collection airside at Gatwick. That way we didn't have to pack in hold luggage and it didn't take away from hand luggage as the airline has to let you take items purchased in the airport as part of carry on baggage.

Oh, for sunglasses I recommend baby banz if they are still around.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Is there access to a swimming pool, it makes a nice alternative activity for an afternoon? In which case swimming nappies and swimming cossie?
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
hire a sledge. Elastic on back of glasses.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Elastic on the glasses - yes, good idea, but not foolproof and can mean that their attempts to pull them off lead to a catapult-type incident and lots of wailing. I know kids are supposed to wear sunglasses, these days, but in evolutionary terms even those of us evolving in northern latitudes coped with sunlight - as kids still do, in school playgrounds, playing cricket, etc etc. Are sunglasses really essential?
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Baby banz sunglasses and a sunhat as well as a wolly one. Our first ski holiday with a little one was really warm but we couldn't find a sunhat anywhere so she ended up with a knotted hanky on her head.
ski holidays
Thank you all for the tips. We will pack a few spares of things just in case and definitely consider the different weather options
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy