Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Isola

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
So we've booked a short trip to Isola mid March, after we saw some cheap flights and thought why not. By cheap I mean Stansted to Nice for £36 return, and Gatwick to Nice for £55 return - (we are travelling separately on the same day). Add the 6 euro transfer from the airport to the resort and we've got ourselves a bargain.

Has anyone been?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Thirty years ago. From what I remember it was a good resort for the time. Plenty of skiing to keep you entertained and ski in ski out. I'm sure it's changed a lot since then so well be interested to hear what it is like now.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Close to Nice.

Cheap.

Good ski-in-ski-out.

Can get busy on weekends.

Steepish, twisty driveup can get blocked in heavy snowfall.

Good snow record, due to its height.

Small ski area, for intermediates.

Ugly resort.

Good for a long weekend.

It is a 5/10 resort.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I mean by @Whitegold, 's standards that's pretty complimentary, so i'm feeling quite optimistic.

Yes, it looks very ugly and for 3 days it should have enough terrain (alleged 120km of piste) to keep us entertained. But with the cheap flights/transfers and lift pass (100 euro for 3 days), we thought we'd give it a go.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
About 15 years ago, and members of my family have been more recently for day trips & long weekends from Nice.

Although I'm more into the huge terrain of the 3V, Isola was quite fun and has a variety of skiing. It isn't huge, and I did get a little bored after a few days but you can still have fun.

And I'm sure that it will have changed in the 15 years since I visited! Please come back to tell us how you get on.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Yup, small resort and @Whitegold, is mostly on the money, +1 for nearly a complement! Very Happy

Head to L’Avalanche for a decent feed, crepes are good at the next restaurant down from them too, avoid the weekends if you can.

It is small but like all resorts it has its own charm if you open yourself up to it. If it hasn’t snowed for a while then limited to the pistes which are short (if you like racking up the piste miles or not skiing the same piste twice prepare for disappointment) but some good fun ones with plenty of character, the ski / boarder cross run is great fun. If it snows then the worlds your oyster with plenty of options.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I will be there for 3 days...Thursday to Saturday, and 2 friends doing just Friday and Saturday. Then all return home together.

A little concerned to hear that it gets busy on weekends, but hopefully the Thursday and Friday aren't too bad. Will be the week after French half term finishes too.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I’ve been twice with kids - it’s great for ski weekend break / we always had great conditions and plenty of runs blue and red for intermediate skiers - few nice restaurants- it would be 7/10 resort fir me
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
mikeycharlton wrote:

A little concerned to hear that it gets busy on weekends.

Of course ‘busy’ is a relative term Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
You could try a trip over to nearby Auron, a similar sized station. Isola tourist info should have details of transport if you don't have wheels.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy