Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Colour coordination is back in!

Poster: A snowHead
PowderAdict wrote:
spyderjon wrote:
@PowderAdict, I only stock the blue/black Sallie version. Didn't have you down as a fashionista? wink

What can I say, it not about fashion, it’s about style wink

I’m not sure blue bindings would look good on these - https://www.dpsskis.com/powderworks-lotus-138-19-20-bundle

Everyone this week wants colour matching!

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Fri 22-11-19 19:09; edited 2 times in total
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Someone’s left some dirty red marks on the blue ones. I’d clean that off, it ruins the look NehNeh
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Scarlet wrote:
Someone’s left some dirty red marks on the blue ones. I’d clean that off, it ruins the look NehNeh

Everything that leaves here has that same dirty mark Laughing
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
I used to think I was a dps whore then powderadict came along Laughing
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@spyderjon, you did know that both RachelQ and I were completely traumatised by the Scott Luna graphics when we opened our boxes? I had to have a lie down, followed swiftly by a trip to buy a new jacket. rolling eyes
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
There's some decent looking skis in those pics! Hopefully the owners will actually be taking them off piste Shocked Toofy Grin
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Has it ever been out?
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
The owner of the 5th pair, could be in for an interesting day's skiing with that setup Shocked Toofy Grin
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Arno wrote:
I used to think I was a dps whore then powderadict came along Laughing

Guilty as charged Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
kitenski wrote:
There's some decent looking skis in those pics! Hopefully the owners will actually be taking them off piste Shocked Toofy Grin

Mine will be spending 2 weeks in Swiss powder, and 3 weeks in Japanese powder Very Happy
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Shifts on the Lotus 138! Ballsy...
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@PowderAdict, are the first pair just incase the second pair are not quite fat enough? Shocked
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
BobinCH wrote:

The Spoons had Beast 16's on before, and yes I have put skins on them more than once and headed upwards. My new boots (Tecnica Zero G) don't like the Beast heel insert as there is not really enough material for the screws, so the Beast's had to go, and Shifts are the best option.

Last edited by So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much on Sat 23-11-19 6:44; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Scarlet wrote:
@PowderAdict, are the first pair just incase the second pair are not quite fat enough? Shocked

I freely admit I have a DPS problem Toofy Grin The 148mm Spoons are now 5 years old, and are not being produced anymore, but as @BobinCH can attest they are the most fun you can have on a ski.

The Lotus 138mm are something I've never tried before, and wanted to give them a go, especially as these are a lighten version at just under 2000g per ski. I wouldn't take both away with me on the same trip though as there is more than a little overlap.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@PowderAdict, 2kg per ski is the lighter one Shocked I could probably fit both feet on a 148 – it would be like an oversized mono ski and kill me instantly Laughing I hope you find a use for them!
ski holidays
@Scarlet, Despite their size, these fat skis are surprisingly versatile. They have so much rocker that they are banana shaped with only 40cm flat under the bindings before the rocker starts. I’ve skied them every day for 10 days in Japan without major issues, but they are pretty much useless on anything icy and bumpy like moguls Shocked
snow conditions

Picture of the Spoons from the side Cool
ski holidays
PowderAdict wrote:
BobinCH wrote:

The Spoons had Beast 16's on before, and yes I have put skins on them more than once and headed upwards. My new boots (Tecnica Zero G) don't like the Beast heel insert as there is not really enough material for the screws, so the Beast's had to go, and Shifts are the best option.

You put Shifts on the 148mm Spoons Shocked Shocked Shocked

I’d love to see a kick turn on those :-

Look forward to a review of the new 138’s! A bit easier on the skate outs at that lighter weight I imagine!

Ps where do you ski in Switzerland?
snow conditions
PowderAdict wrote:

Picture of the Spoons from the side Cool

That’s not the old Ski 47 is it ?

I have (amongst a number of other DPS and other exotic skis) a pair of Lotus 138s in Hybrid and they are such fun when the conditions are right. But heavy so let me know if you want to sell these! Good luck in Japow!
snow conditions
mishmash wrote:

I have (amongst a number of other DPS and other exotic skis) a pair of Lotus 138s in Hybrid and they are such fun when the conditions are right. But heavy so let me know if you want to sell these! Good luck in Japow!

Yes, I bought them from 47 Degrees in Fulham, well recognized from a partial basement shot Very Happy It was one of the best ski shops around, but Fulham High Street rents/rates killed it. Fortunately, Frazer the manager is now the Ski Boot Manager at Profeet.
snow conditions
BobinCH wrote:
PowderAdict wrote:
BobinCH wrote:

You put Shifts on the 148mm Spoons Shocked Shocked Shocked

I’d love to see a kick turn on those :-

Look forward to a review of the new 138’s! A bit easier on the skate outs at that lighter weight I imagine!

Ps where do you ski in Switzerland?

If no fall zone kick turns were going to be involved I wouldn't be on the Spoons. I've only skinned on them on open field type ascents which are effectively straight climbs, with maybe the ocassional shuffle turn thrown in Very Happy

Since the Shifts don't really have a penalty, its always nice to have a tour option if you need it. I ski a few valleys up the Rhone from you, at the resorts in the Visp/Brig/Saas Valley area.
snow report
@PowderAdict, the kick turn comment was a joke! I wouldn’t dream of touring on mine - you are certainly motivated! Agree with you re Shifts. I’d love a run on those 138’s if you ever fancy a day in Verbier.
ski holidays
PowderAdict wrote:
mishmash wrote:

Yes, I bought them from 47 Degrees in Fulham, well recognized from a partial basement shot Very Happy It was one of the best ski shops around, but Fulham High Street rents/rates killed it. Fortunately, Frazer the manager is now the Ski Boot Manager at Profeet.

Yes, I bought my first Wailer 99s from them and Frazer still sells me my boots !
ski holidays
Anyone fancy a colour coordinated roofbox?

snow conditions
@spyderjon, beautiful. That's how I thought my skis were going to look, with just a couple of understated and narrow bands of red and green to set off the elegant simplicity. How did Scott think that bright blue 'flowers' all over the skis would constitute an improvement? Sad
latest report
kitenski wrote:

Or even buying skins as well Laughing
snow report
Quote:

Or even buying skins as well

skins for those spoons must weigh a bundle! YOu could carpet the hallway with them Very Happy
ski holidays
spyderjon wrote:
Anyone fancy a colour coordinated roofbox?

Were Skoda charging extra for a top coat so you asked them to leave it in primer?
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
SnoodlesMcFlude wrote:
.....Were Skoda charging extra for a top coat so you asked them to leave it in primer?

Laughing It's the only flat paint colour they do on the Superb and I refuse to pay extra for metallic/pearlescant etc. I've had it for a few weeks now and I'm still getting messages from my mates with colour samples for the top coat Laughing. I'm liking it now though.
snow conditions

Last edited by Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name: on Tue 26-11-19 21:31; edited 1 time in total
latest report
try that again....matching Can Am with matching green Faction prime 3s sorry that it is all covered in snow!
snow report
spyderjon wrote:
SnoodlesMcFlude wrote:
.....Were Skoda charging extra for a top coat so you asked them to leave it in primer?

Laughing It's the only flat paint colour they do on the Superb and I refuse to pay extra for metallic/pearlescant etc.

So that's a "Yes" Laughing
snow report
@Scarlet, that dirty red mark comes off easily enough! wink
ski holidays
Not posted a photo before:

If that works you will see a DPS problem which I am moderating with some weaker variants ;o)
snow report
@Grinning, you live alone, right? wink
ski holidays
Grinning wrote:
Not posted a photo before:

If that works you will see a DPS problem which I am moderating with some weaker variants ;o)

Awesome quiver!
ski holidays
@Scarlet, wife and daughter’s skis just out of shot... Laughing
latest report
Super Steezy wrote:
try that again....matching Can Am with matching green Faction prime 3s sorry that it is all covered in snow!

The best sort of colour coordination! Where is that?
snow report
jedster wrote:
Quote:

skins for those spoons must weigh a bundle! YOu could carpet the hallway with them Very Happy

OTOH with so much surface area you could walk straight up the Eiger North Face without slipping wink

*If the Shifts had another higher angle climbing bail anway Laughing
snow conditions
clarky999 wrote:
jedster wrote:
Quote:

OTOH with so much surface area you could walk straight up the Eiger North Face without slipping wink

*If the Shifts had another higher angle climbing bail anway Laughing

Unfortunately the 40cm running edge on the Spoons means that unless you are in soft snow which allows the rocker full contact, there is minimal grip for skinning despite the width (I know I’ve tried).
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy