Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

CLAVIERE LIFT PASS

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi, Im going to claviere in february and we have booked local lift passes through First Choice, whoich apparently include 1 days skiing in montgenevre. We now have friends staying in montgenevre at the same time and would like to ski with them. Does anyone know if we can buy an extension to the pass to include montgenevre on a daily basis, also how much does it cost? Thanks.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
You need the monte della luna pass - it covers the two resorts. you can buy a pass for the whole area on a daily basis easy enough at the ticket office next to the nursery slope. think it was around 20 euro per day last year but i reckon you should contact first choice and see if they can just upgrade your weekly pass to include the whole area... may well work out cheaper. otherwise, you'll be paying for claviere twice each day!
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
You ideally want the Monts de la Lune for the whole week. Especially if you clock up like to clock up kilometres. There is some very good skiing in Montgenevre that you will most probably want to check out more than once.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
We have just got back from Claviere and had the local lift pass, this included one day in Montgenevre and a day's extension to the Milky Way although you have to get a token for this which you exchange for a day pass when you get to the other resort (we went to Sestriere). We had thought we'd probably buy more extensions but didn't in the end due to weather conditions and the crowdedness of the bigger resorts we stuck to Claviere more than we'd expected. I think the extension is 18 euros - you need to be pretty sure you're going to use the extensions every day before a monte della lune pass works out much cheaper to be honest so it probably won't matter that you've got the local pass. Incidentally if you have a child aged under 8 they can ski free in Claviere (including the 2 day extensions) whereas kids over 6 need a pass for Montgenevre - so this can save you quite a bit if you have a 7 year old. There is an office to buy lift passes by the lifts you first get to when you ski over from Claviere. It is only about a 20 min brisk walk between the 2 resorts and you can walk along a piste pietons from the top of Claviere so it is quite pleasant - you'll probably have to do it at least once to get to the Montgenevre cashpoints as the one in Claviere seems hopeless!
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
snowploughqueen, We're also going to Claviere in Feb (arrive 1st) - maybe see you there ? I'll look out for the tiara.

We've looked into this a bit. Both FirstChoice and Crystal sell two lift passes, described as local and area. Both only cover Montgenevre for one day. The 'local' is the 118E Monti Della Luna which includes Claviere, one day in MG and one day in another Milky Way resort. The 'area' pass is the 180E ViaLattea – full access Milky Way, including Claviere but only one day Montgenevre.

The one that gives access to both Claviere and MG is sold in Claviere as the 169E MontiLuna/Montgenevre. This can be bought from the Claviere lift pass office but not from either FC or Crystal in advance - dunno if the rep in the resort will sell them. It's quite possible (given recent exchange rate stuff) that the local and area passes are cheaper from FC and Crystal but working from the Euro price I reckon if we want to go into Montgenevre three days we'll save a whole Euro but also the faff of getting day passes. I reckon we will be in France at least three days so it's the 169E MontiLuna/Montgenevre one for us. If FC can't provide that one and you want to go into Montgenevre three days or more I suggest you cancel it from your booking (if you can ) and get in the queue with us in resort.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Don't buy from TO get in resort. Last time we went to claivere we bought local and it included Montgenevre, just ask for it..the TO didn't want to admit to this..though we knew from the previous vist and also let some of the other guest know..you'll probably spend at least 3 days in Montgenevre so defo worth it. the ViaLattea pass isn't worth it in my view..as one days probably enough as claivere is a bit of a bug connection to the other areas.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
papasmurf wrote:
...the ViaLattea pass isn't worth it in my view..as one days probably enough as claivere is a bit of a bug connection to the other areas...

The Via Lattea pass certainly isn't worth it for us as we're picking kids up from ski school at 2ish
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Buy the Monts de la Lune, when you arrive in the resort.

You don't need the Via Lattea pass for the whole area and the Claviere one is severly limiting.

Pretty much reitterating what papasmurf said.

I don't see the benefit of getting the lift pass from the tour operators.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
papasmurf wrote:
Don't buy from TO get in resort. Last time we went to claivere we bought local and it included Montgenevre, just ask for it..the TO didn't want to admit to this..though we knew from the previous vist and also let some of the other guest know..you'll probably spend at least 3 days in Montgenevre so defo worth it.

For info the TO reps* now sell the Claviere/Montgenevre pass in resort. It's still not available to pre-book before departure. If you have pre-booked either the Local (Claviere) or 'Area' (Via Lattea) pass and decide you'd rather have the Claviere/Montgenevre one, the reps will change them for you at a cost.

(*Crystal/FirstChoice)
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
So, I'm confused... if I go to the Via Lattea pass, it shows me I can but a Via Lattea International pass which basically includes everything every day... that way you can just ski wherever you want depending on what you feel like that day.

If I go to Montgenevre, I see the Domaine des Monts de Lune (pardon the spelling) which I think is Montgenevre, Claviere and Cesena but not the rest (save for one day in Via Lattea). Am I seeing this correctly? I'd like to have the most flexible pass. I know one day I will meet a friend in Sestriere (BTW we are staying in Montgenevre) and one day we'll go to Serre Chevalier or Puy St. Vincent. What should I get and can I extend/upgrade if I get the Monty version?
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Id go for the Monts de la Lune pass. This covers claviere and Montgenevre and im pretty sure gives you one day in another resort like Serre Che or sestriere. Theres plenty of skiing in Mont/Clav for the week. Claviere is at the end of the milky way and youd be dojng some mileage to.need thia pass for the whole week
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I know I will need at least two days outside of the Monts de la Lune, if not three so does that still make sense? Can you pay to "add on" to that pass?
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy