Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Arc'teryx Service

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I see plenty of people bemoaning the price of Arc'teryx gear but I've got to say they've surprised me.
I've got a Sidewinder SV which is about 7/8 years old. Its a great jacket and has never let me down even in some truly horrendous conditions. Last trip I noticed it was fraying around the drawcords at the bottom, Closer inspection revealed the taping had delaminated and come apart. I wasn't happy but an email to Arc'teryx revealed a lifetime warranty and they asked for some photos and sent me a return code the next day. I've sent it back and they are re-taping the whole jacket. I was quite impressed and its nice occasionally for a company to surpass your expectations . So maybe the hype and the cost are justified and you do get what you pay for after all!
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@marksovereign, Mrs U had some fraying on her last one in two very odd places. 8 seasons old so maybe 400 days use.

Sent back and Arc’ no longer use that fabric so they couldn’t fix.

Instead they discounted her a new one, €160 instead of €760 retail ...

Quite happy.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@marksovereign, I have had two uniforms repaired FOC and one replaced as they didnt have stock of original zippers.. you get what you pay for Smile
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@marksovereign, I agree. I had a similar experience. I tore the gaiter/inner lining on my favourite pair of salopettes, they were 15 years old so I expected to pay full whack for repair after sending it to Austria. Such a pleasant surprise to find it was free after so many years of use (I wasn’t sure how they defined ‘lifetime’, as they could argue natural wear and tear). Super service, they have guaranteed my loyalty.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@DJAT, there's a page on the website with examples of what they think is reasonable under the guarantee.

Looking at that, I think if it's any article produced after their classic 1946 "Cotton'll kill ya!" collection, you're good.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
marksovereign, Another similar experience, had a covert fleece, that started to bobble. I just emailed them just to let them know it was still functional, and was told to send it back - offered a new replacement in colour/size of choice.

I cant fault them for this service, yes the kit is expensive but service like this is hard to beat. Since this I've bought jackets and ski pants on the back of this, neither at full price though Madeye-Smiley

Be aware though, the likes of Sports Pursuit etc. sell sample wear ( hence its all medium size ) and IIRC this isn't subject to the same warranty( I was told the labelling was different). Even though the materials quality should be the same. However at that price point, its excellent value.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I should note that Arc' aren't the only ones, Patagonia's guarantee is pretty good and I believe Norrona's is as well.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
So is Marmot I had a jacket 7/8 years old stated to fray on inside, as it was out of production,and could not be repaired they gave me £ 130 credit note, this was about 3 years ago, so since then I have always been a loyal customer
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@Forst,, Our Marmot (Spire) pants were bought December 2011, and we usually ski 50-60 days a season. They don't quite look brand new now (they did until about 2 seasons ago) but we should get a good few seasons out of them yet. Amazing value for money.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I had similar experiences with Arc’teryx and Osprey service, spare parts sent free of charge and Arc’teryx fixed my Atom jacket where the fabric on the inside left chin guard started to piled.

Norrøna have been amazing for me. I have a store near by so I can drop items off for repairs but twice they have given me replacements on the spot. They even asked if I wanted anything else for the same RRP or pay the difference if it was more expensive. I just swapped the colour.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Interested in more experiences on the Norrona warranty/repairs customer service.

I noticed that my Lofoten jacket had a tear in the outer shell over the hemcord adjuster on my return from the SOPIB. I certainly dont recall anything that might have damaged the material and the break exactly corresponds to the size of the plastic adjuster with no sign of damage elsewhere. Have only used the jacket for 2 seasons and it wasn't cheap which is slightly annoying! (My previous Arc'teryx jacket had nothing similar after twice as many seasons...)

Emailed Norrona customer service who directed me to their repairs/warranty form but also said that items in the UK are sent to a service centre Scotland. No local brand stores in the UK. They couldn't advise despite sending pictures and info whether this could be repaired/whether this would be covered by their warranty.

Website seems to suggest that cost if a repair was needed would be around 45 euros and 15 euros return postage (plus the cost of sending it there).

Scottish Mountain Gear say that they act in partnership with Norrona and quote from £22 for a small patch repair on a shell jacket which this would be. I haven't got a more detailed quote as coronavirus rather intervened by then!

I'm not that keen to send it to Norrona if they say it isn't covered by warranty and/or they can't repair it as it will cost me almost as much as SMC in total just in posting and probably gets sent there anyway! If they take a generous approach to warranty repairs/replacement if a repair isn't feasable then don't mind sending it to them but it is slightly annoying they can't even advise using photos and email...
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy