Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Les menuires ski pass

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hello I am heading to Les Menuires coming weekend. I have 2 questions.
1. I haven’t booked lift passes and skis yet. Is it worth booking online or get them sorted after reaching at the resort centre?
2. How to best explore three valleys from this place?
Will happy to meet if any other snow heads are there between 8-15 February.
Thanks
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
You should easily get passes and skis in resort. Maybe your accommodation provider can get you a discount before you go so worth checking. We were in a hotel at St Martin and they got us a discount on our passes before we arrived and had them waiting for us.

World is your lobster- the area is really well linked and getting over to Meribel etc is pretty easy. There’s a resort App you can download to check lifts, runs maps etc. La Masse is worth a visit especially if there’s been powder.

I am sure there will be others along to add to this. Have a blast.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks a lot MarjMJ.
I have booked the holiday through crystal ski but this time I left passes and ski rental as I wanted to choose my own skis after trying few shops
Will definitely speak to the hotel once I reach and then decide where to get it from.
Thanks
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@csb, we are off to les menuires the following week, cannot wait!!!.

you can book lift passes online and pick them up when you get there, I think it is too late to get them delivered at home, this way you can beat the Saturday rush at the lift pass office.

with regards to ski hire, alpineresort.com have good discount rates online for ski hire.

as @MarjMJ, says, you are spoiled for choice when it comes to the 3v. though I am biased as I first learnt to ski and went on to work a few seasons there. you can easily get to the other side of courcheval and back in a day, or over to the orelle valley via val thorens. La masse and mont vallon (above Meribel mottaret) is a must visit!!

only word of warning is, do not get caught stuck in another valley if the weather turns bad, or you miss the last lifts as the taxi fare back from Meribel/courcheval will be eye watering.

can recommend
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
csb,

If you book skis online via alpinresorts.com and use the discount code ALPISKI you will get 50% off wink
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Just came back from Les Menuires for a week - second time there. I think you are in the best spot for connections to the other valleys, but really other than Mont Vallon in Meribel, and the runs to get there, I found the best skiing in the Belleville valley and Orelle. I hired skis from Absolu Sports (Go Sport) in Reberty and had brand new, never used, skis for the week.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
rdk wrote:
Just came back from Les Menuires for a week - second time there. I think you are in the best spot for connections to the other valleys, but really other than Mont Vallon in Meribel, and the runs to get there, I found the best skiing in the Belleville valley and Orelle. And the good thing about Val Thorens is that you can always get back to Les Menuires no matter how late: just get a lot of speed at the start of the Blvd Cumin run. I hired skis from Absolu Sports (Go Sport) in Reberty and had brand new, never used, skis for the week.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@csb, your rep might be able to get you your passes - IIRC Crystal can sort that for you when you are on the transfer.
@terrygasson, is right about booking online. And about watching the links if the weather is dicey.

I forgot about Mont Vallon - Embarassed haven’t been up there a while - but is fab run down.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Thanks for all the replies.
I think booking via crystal is actually more expensive
I also looked at alpineresorts website and I think i think I will go with them as they seem very reasonable
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Not sure you can get passes cheaper than direct from Sevabel:

https://www.skipass-lesmenuires.com/en/

Loads of hire places in resort.

Depending on your level of skiing you may enjoy the runs coming off La Masse with easily accessible off piste from the Lac Noir chair, looks like you may get some freshies towards the end of your trip.

I'd also recommend Cime de Caron for great runs down into the 4th valley or back down to VT / Les Menuires

Get over to Meribel or even La Tania for some tree skiing just keep an eye on the time, taxis are expensive......
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Thanks Jonathan
Just checked the website. Actually it was better to book with crystal.
Just did that
Thanks a lot

Anyone in the area next week? Would like to meet?
I will be there with my son.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Quote:

Actually it was better to book with crystal.

That's really interesting, I always thought you couldn't get discounts through TOs for 3v passes, shows how much I know!
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I just got back from Les Menuires too and agree with @rdk - Belleville and Orelle were really superb this year. I am coming to like St Martin / Belleville more and more every time I visit.

I used the Ski Nav app which had been mentioned on another thread here. It has a cool feature which calculates the amount of time to ski between two places on the map. I found its estimates were pretty reasonable, and that was useful when venturing farther afield and worrying about lift closing times.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
The weather this week has been a bit grim and have not made full use of the 3v pass. Wait till you get here and check the weather before deciding on which pass to get. If you get the Belleville pass you can upgrade later for a one day 3v.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
vaughan wrote:
The weather this week has been a bit grim and have not made full use of the 3v pass. Wait till you get here and check the weather before deciding on which pass to get. If you get the Belleville pass you can upgrade later for a one day 3v.

I'd always get a 3V lift pass, for a 6 day the difference is only 47 Euros and the convenience is huge. Having said that - beware of high winds closing the links, I believe that did happen last week. We had at least a couple of days with everything higher closed just before christmas. I ski a lot in the 3V and have spent christmas for many years (and this last one christmas and new year) there, plus oodles of other times.

The OP didn't say whether it was the Bruyeres/Reberty or Croisette end they were in, but my favourite way to get over to the other areas is Roc 1 and Roc 2 (via Doron if in Reberty) all the way down Grand Lac/Pelozet to St Martin 2 (and usually down to St Martin, Just because), Up St Martin 2, any of the boodles of routes down to Meribel, up Rhodos and Loze and then on to wherever.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy