Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Calling Parents with children 10-12 years old

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I have a son who’s a little over weight and not that tall. This means ski pants are becoming a nightmare to find.

Has anyone any knowledge of a shorter more roomier brand?

Trying anything is an issue as there’s no major shops nearby so I’ll order a few to try.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Probably not Decathlon. Their kids clothes tend to come up skinny ( like their adult clothes, come to that). Good luck with your search.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
pam w wrote:
Probably not Decathlon. Their kids clothes tend to come up skinny ( like their adult clothes, come to that). Good luck with your search.

Saying that - they have a range which lets you adjust the leg length, which could let you buy next size up but set to shortest leg length?

Edit: they call us Pull N fit

https://www.decathlon.co.uk/ski-p-pa-500-pnf-jr-black-id_8343621.html
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
When my boys were that age we used this firm quite a bit:-

https://www.surfanic.co.uk/boys/winter/ski-pants/

I would buy them a size up and not worry about them being too long, it really doesn't matter when they have ski boots on. Also at those prices you can afford to replace them much more often!

They also seem to have an additional discount on with code SALE15.

For full disclosure, I have no links to this firm, just had 2 sets of jackets and trousers that were really good value and lasted multiple trips.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
We've had a pair of the adjustable salopettes for one of our boys from Decathlon for a couple of years and they have been great. We bought them to give growing room but should work for your needs too. Adjustment works well with nothing dragging on the floor...

Would suggest them.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
My boys are a bit younger but have the opposite problem - I would not bother with Lidl or Aldi or Decathlon ones as they probs wouldn't work but we did get some hand me down Helly Hansen ones that were enormous so they might work.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Perhaps look at salopettes made by snowboarding brands as they tend to be baggier and roomier because of the style.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Same problem here with a big boned 10.5 yr old boy - 145cm and 35kg. Got a jacket and saloppette combo from Columbia (Bugaboo) that fits a treat and has extendable arms and legs to last another season. He uses his ski jacket as his off duty winter jacket.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy