Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Bardonecchia Tips

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I am going to Bardonecchia in a couple of weeks for half term, its only our 2nd family ski trip. We are on a budget and have an Airbnb near the bottom of Campo Smith so will be largely self catered and take away pizzaing. However it is my husband's birthday while we are there and so I want to have at least one really nice meal while we are there (an awesome steak would be very well received!)
Can anyone recommend a place?
Also what are local grocery shops like? Should we stop at a big supermarket on our drive (we are driving over!!) or are they fairly well stocked in the town?
Also last year we went to Les Orres and the kids loved sledging in the evening while me and husband watched them from a nearby bar. Will this be possible anywhere at Campo Smith?
Huge thanks for any advice you can give.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
If you are staying in an appartment at Campo Smith you are a decent walk from the town itself, especially if carrying shopping! Therefore I'd recommend stopping on the way to do a shop.

There's a bar/pizza restaurant actually at the foot of the slopes we got take out pizzas one night, and also went later on one evening for a meal. They did steaks etc as well as pizza, but I would describe it as "typical" not posh or "really nice".

This is also the place where we would sit and have a beer when the lifts had closed and the kids would play on the bum boards/sledges.

We only walked into town for a look one day and really just stayed around Campo Smith, the kids were young at the time so food, bath, family games and bed was a typical evening.

We were there in 2014 so 6 years ago now, it may have changed but the bar/restaurant was very popular so I'm sure it'll still there.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Been there a few times, both summer and winter, and enjoyed it.

There's a smallish supermarket in town where you'll be able to get a fair amount of shopping from.

There's also a nice wine bar/restaurant a couple of minutes walk from Campo Smith called Lalimentari which could be good for your nice meal.

As above, there's a bar at the foot of the nursery slopes where the kids can sledge.

The town is reasonably small but quite nice for a little potter around, you can get some cheap pizza slices from a little hole in the wall which were good, and there's a decent pizza restaurant up the high street which was also really reasonable.

Definitely recommend jumping on the little bus over to the Jafferau side, it's generally a lot quieter and if the snow is decent there are some great runs and i think they've also invested in a few new lifts which speeds things up a bit. The bar/restaurant at the bottom of the lift (Chalet Jafferau) was also tasty and fairly reasonable.

Not sure if they still do it but on the Campo Smith side on Thursday nights you could get the last lift up to Bar Punta Colomion and book in for the evening dinner up there which was pretty tasty. Then at the end of it all you can either ski down with everyone (recommend taking a decent head torch) or get a lift in a snow-cat/piste basher.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Pizzaaaah
https://www.tripadvisor.nl/Restaurants-g194684-Bardonecchia_Province_of_Turin_Piedmont.html
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy