Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Davos-Klosters

Poster: A snowHead
Does anyone have first hand experience of the current on-piste conditions in Davos and/or Klosters?
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Is there enough slopes open to keep one occupied for an imminent 3-day trip, assuming there's no fresh real snow?
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@skidm, have a look on the German forum. Alpinforum or something like that. You'll need google translate but it's helpful for live conditions reports when no snowHead are in the area
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Cheers @red 27, I'll check it out.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Davos currently has 55% of its lifts open.

But snowdepth is way below-average, it is hard artificial snow on the resort trails, and there is no sign of fresh snowfall for at least the next 2 weeks.

Davos has very good webcams:

http://www.davos.ch/en/davos-klosters/news/live-cams/livecams-davos-klosters/
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
If you dont' mind pite skiing, then there is plenty open even now - 4 mountain are open. If you want off piste then i am not sure where you should go at present - suggest the US or Japan Very Happy
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Nice one @Whitegold and @SkiingQuinHat. I don't mind just piste skiing as long as there's enough to go at. Will probably go over to North America later in the season. Did Japan back in Feb, which was fantastic.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Just a bit of a conditions update for anyone who's interested. After the fresh snow of yesterday/last night I thought I'd try a make first tracks this morning starting from Klosters village. Plenty of others though seemed to have the same idea. The queue at 0815 for Gotshnagrat was huge. Once up the mountain I headed over to Weissfluhjoch under blue sky, no wind and the temp around -20degC. What surprised me was that the snow was too grippy and it remained that way throughout the day - not great for trying to pick up speed for the numerous flat sections on the Klosters side. The free-ride area of Weissfluhgipel was open and there was plenty of off-piste going on. I then headed down into Davos and across to Jakobshorn. The wind was picking up a little and the cold was beginning to really bite. Again, on-piste snow was a tad grippy and some off-piste was possible. Ended the day back in Klosters, feet freezing and face numb. I hope it's warmer tomorrow!
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Sounds like it is improving for sure. We are back there at the end if January for a long weekend and boping for a few more snowfalls!
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Snow conditions much better today than yesterday. Overcast, light snowfall, -15degC at Weissfluhjoch, and most importantly no grippy snow anywhere. The black no. 7 down to Davos Dorf was a delight. Forecast the same for tomorrow then it's blue sky on Monday.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Much better than expected on Parsenn today. Visibility poor and windy at the top, but a fair amount of fresh snow and it continued through most of the day. Best bit was no people here.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Spent most of the day over at Jakobshorn. On-piste conditions were fantastic early on. Very quiet for a couple of hours and several inches of fresh stuff to float on! Red 11 to Jatz a highlight.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Anyone over at Davos-Klosters at the moment who can give me an update on conditions? I'm planning my weekend over lunch...
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Got a phot from a friend who was there yesterday, and there had been some serious snow fall
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
I'm here at the moment and warm weather has melted a lot of snow in the last week making some runs very patchy with exposed grass. Most runs are ok, but snow quality is poor. Very hard/icy in the morning and all but the highest runs starting to get slushy by noon. A few of the runs to the village are closed at the moment as rain over the last few days has made them unskiable.
snow conditions
@ritson, That's bad news.

Davos is normally one of the safest late season resorts.
snow report
Anyone in Davos/Klosters at present to give an update on conditions. Website etc looks good but it would be great to get first hand accounts
latest report
Heading there tomorrow so will try to post now i’ve seen this thread. Will be skiing with kids so unlikely to get the chance to comment on the off piste but hopefully can update on the piste skiing.
snow report
Off piste was fabulous today. Tomorrow the weather looks snowy all day according to forecasts which should make Thursday a fantastic day
ski holidays
Keep up the reports. I'm headed out at the weekend.
latest report
Passing through Klosters on the train and it’s snowing and looks pretty darned cold. Loads of snow at village level.
ski holidays
Looks like the wind has closed most of the lifts on Parsenn. Looks pretty bleak on the webcams. Hopefully you will get a good day on Thursday
latest report
Does anyone have any advice on the best “warm up” area for kids tomorrow? It looks to me as if Jakobshorn should be the best bet - more blues and more tree-lined skiing but would be good to know if that’s misguided.
ski holidays
What level are the kids? I assume you are staying in Davos rather than Klosters
latest report
The tree level skiing on Jakobshorn is mostly IIRC the home runs which are roads and not that much fun. You might be better off going up Parsenn and then doing 15 down to Parsennhutte. You could then do 11 and then 6. All blues with a slightly more challenging bit right at the start.
21 down to Klosters is a fabulous run with lots in the trees. Forecast is for sun and cold, but not as windy as today, I think.
ski holidays
6 weeks skiing and fine paralleling on all reds by the end of the previous week’s skiing, but this will be first time on skis for 9 months so will probably have a “can’t do it” first run snowHead
snow report
If you get the Parsenn Bahn funi up from Davos and then switch to the second stage funi at the mid station, that takes you all the way up to Weissfluhjoch. There are several different exits from the lift station. Probably best to head for the one going to the top of the chair that comes up from the Davos-side mid station. A gentle ski from there to the top of the chair. If you like what you see to the left, then go down to the mid station and come back either by chair or by the same funi you came up on. The start of that run may be off-putting as a first run of the holiday but a gentle traverse come slide to skiers left takes the gradient off it a bit. From the same place you can head right and down a broad track along a ridge. If they can manage T-bars then going down left for run 3 is easy. Alternatively go right along 15 to Parsennhutte again using a bit of a traverse to take the steepness off the start. Watch out going this way as there is a piste going left to Klosters and you need to avoid taking that and also any skiers crossing you from the right to get to it. Once down the first main slope it becomes much easier.
latest report
Thanks DCG; missed seeing your post yesterday pm and then the site seemed to be down for me for a bit. Anyway, we ended up on Jakobshorn where we found all the skiing absolutely perfect; incredible cold, grippy, squeaky snow, fabulous “side piste” almost everywhere and two chairs with “bubbles” which we rode as much as possible as it was seriously cold by our standards (kids only having previously skied at Easter).
Blues very forgiving, and we did 2 lovely reds and then did both the short blacks accessible from the chairs and had no problem with either. All in all a very satisfying and confidence-boosting day’s skiing.
Only issue was food - despite waiting til 2pm to eat everywhere we tried was packed. We eventually ended up at the place at the top of the first Jakobshorn cable car where we waited a full hour for food. Not great. Any recommendations for places a little more “out of the way” or less busy, on the Parsenn side for tomorrow?
Will be trying all your run suggestions then too!
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@swoafs, Good that you had such a great day. I think everywhere is likely to be busy for food. My recommendation would be to book if you are happy to have waiter service. Here is a link to mountain restaurants with phone numbers. It may be necessary to book the night before or even two days before if very busy. You could also try skiing there early morning and asking to book for later if you like the look of it. There are a couple of good places at the bottom of the Schifer gondola - Berghaus Schifer and Blockhaus Erezsass. The Schiferstall, just above them, is also good but smaller. If you are up for the blacks down to Wolfgang then Hotel Kulm is excellent - and less likely to be crowded - and you get the bus back from there. There are also big places at the top of Weissfluhjoch and the Gipfel which have great views on clear days. The other option is just to get to somewhere like Parsennehutte early. It has a big self service.
snow conditions
@swoafs, The run suggestions I made yesterday were primarily to give easier options to overcome the first day nerves. They all are still valid, but I would put #3 lower down priorities. You can easily do the section from Weissfluhjoch down to its midstation several times without getting bored. It's a great run with several variations and excellent long pitch. Then on the other side down to Parsennehutte. Again several variations. There are several lifts from Parsennehutte up to Gotschna and finally you could take the Furka chair with a couple of reds coming back down and then go over the top from the Furka which gets you into the runs down to Schifer and Klosters. The runs down from the Gipfel are well worth doing also. Hope you have another great day.
snow conditions
Brilliant, many thanks. Weather forecast for tomorrow isn’t quite as good but hoping for another great day’s skiing in all other respects.
ski holidays
Quick report on today; the snow remains absolutely unbelievable; cold, grippy, soft as a feather off the sides of the piste. Sadly with kids in tow that’s as far as I’m able to venture this trip; no fair!!

There is more snow on the way tonight and tomorrow so anyone coming out is in for a wonderful time.

If the wind is biting, as it was today, we thoroughly recommend the runs from the midstation of the Schifer Gondola and also 21 right down, a fab run as DCG said, although the middle part is better than the top part or the bottom. Had a fabulous lunch at the top of the Klosters cable car (Gotsch- something); spätzle and kids chicken nuggets and chips both delicious and huge portions.

Question of the day for DCG; does the black under the Parsennbahn bring you right to the lift station or is there a decent walk out? Piste map suggests the latter which put us off trying it on the way home today.
snow conditions
@swoafs, Great to hear you had another good day and thanks for the weather update. Coming out tomorrow so looking forward to the conditions. The black down to Davos ends about 200 yards uphill from the Parsenn bottom station. There are steps and rubber mats from the piste to the road and then it's a shortish walk down a slight incline - but beware as it can be icy. The run itself is excellent but can get skied off by the end of the day and it's busy then also. It should be in good condition mid morning for you to try it.
snow report
I would recommend the 24 run and a lunch stop at the Alte Schwendi (near the ne of the run) - one of the most beautiful places to eat on the mountain. The run is also a bit of an “away from it all” piste.
ski holidays
Thanks SkiingQuinHat! We’re heading back in that direction tomorrow and will definitely try 24 visibility permitting.

Today it snowed all day and it’s still snowing now. Amazing powder-on-piste conditions which had me in heaven but the kids found the blowing snow in their faces, inconsistencies on piste and lack of visibility difficult. We ended up lapping the blue on Jacobshorn under the 6 man bubble chair to build a bit of confidence and also enjoyed the run home from there. We had excellent pizza and strudel for lunch at Chalet Guggel; 2 pizzas and a strudel plenty for a family of 4 so relatively reasonable cost.

Tomorrow (more snow forecast) the plan is either to go up Parsennbahn, straight down the Schiferbahn (anyone know if it allows downloading?) and get off at the mid station to ski the bottom half which is mostly in the trees. If it’s closed due to wind we will try Rinerhorn on the advice of the ski shop. Then sadly homeward bound by train to Zurich tomorrow evening.
ski holidays
I’m sure you can download on Schafer bahn. Rinerhorn does avoid the worst of the wind but it’s mainly drags and T bars. If Madrissa was open, that might be worth considering - train to Klosters Dorf . You’d lose time travelling there but might be better for the kids if they don’t like Parsenn or Rinerhorn.
ski holidays
Well, a wonderful trip is at its end. I can’t help thinking that Davos and surrounding area is now almost guaranteed an epic season. Today the Parsenn side lifts opened late so we went to Rinerhorn. The sun came out (while the snow continued to fall), and the visibility was generally excellent. In places there was knee deep snow on piste and easily thigh deep powder just off the sides of the piste. The off piste opportunities looked simply amazing.

It is still snowing lightly now and more is forecast all week; set to be incredible.
ski holidays
What this (and every) thread needs is more pics snowHead
snow report
@AL9000,
snow report

Davos/Klosters today great snow, poor vis to start, but improved
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy