Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Tips for driving to Tignes (first week of Easter half term) please

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
We're a seasoned family of skiers who usually join the masses driving down to the French alps in February half term - so we have honed when to travel/get up/arrive/eat/sleep/pick up skis etc.

However, for the first time (since the kids - so 12 years!) we're going the first week of the Easter hols. And I totally don't know whether to stick to our usual travel plan or can be a bit more relaxed as it won't be as busy (as Feb half term). Help!

We're staying in Macon on the Friday (3rd April) night. Usually we'd be leaving by 7am on Saturday morning but can we afford a lie in and leave a bit later or is that going to bite us??? The plan is to drive to Bourg and do a shop then head up to Tignes (we're in Lavachet).

That brings me to my next question. We're contemplating not paying for parking and leaving the car in the free car park at 1800. But we can't get into our accommodation until 3pm and expect to arrive before then. Not sure how busy/full the car park would be. And we'd have to juggle dropping off our stuff, someone parking and getting the bus etc. Although I'm not sure if it's easier unloading in the 2 hours of free parking you get with the paid car parks and then taking the car to 1800. We'd probably have too much stuff (with food shopping) to dump the car on the way and take everything up on the bus - so to-ing and fro-ing inevitable I guess? Appreciate suggestions or tried and tested examples!! Thanks!!
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@kettonskimum, I wouldn't leave it later myself - but it's worth checking the traffic forecasts you can find here the day before which will give you an idea of when the worst traffic is expected.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Easter will be much quieter than half term. Can't help with your specific questions but I'd not be too bothered.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
If you are not planning to ski on the Saturday and have no access to the apartment until 3pm I would have a long lie in, maybe a nice luch after shopping and trundle up there for 3pm.

Who is the rental with? If private they may let you in early, especially if no one was staying the week before.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Hi, yes not planning to ski the Saturday - moreso travelling to resort, getting unloaded/parked, kids skis hired etc. Nice lunch sounds good. Rental is direct with owner but I need to contact the lady who looks after the appartment when leaving Bourg. Must admit that the last few rentals (elsewhere in France) I've gotten in way earlier - just saying I'm arriving earlier. Saying that, parking was pretty much outside so it wasn't going to be a pain if they made me wait.

At present their website shows the appartment is unoccupied for a couple of weeks before we arrive so will keep an eye on that one!!!
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy