Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Venice Marco polo to Alleghe

Poster: A snowHead
planning a short break to Alleghe and toss up between a private transfer or hiring a van.Is is a straightforward drive? ie no mountain passes or particularly windy?not a nervous driver but had an interesting drive to Canazei once over the Falzareggo pass.....
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Ask on the PreBB thread, plenty would have done the same trip.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Ski Civetta transfer worked well and was reasonably priced. If you prefer to drive yourself it's an easy enough drive if the weather cooperates. Skicivetta.com
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
As @pam w said the Ski Civetta transfer worked really well if their times suit your flights, if not they ay be a bit limited we did have a bit of a wait at VCE on the way back. There were a group on the thread who got a very reasonably priced private transfer deal too, I think about 230EUR each way for 6, have a look on that thread - was a few pages in.
https://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=142110#3528623

From what I could see out of the window the drive looked OK.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I had a hire car for the preBB. Booked early so pretty cheap and an easy drive (though either I or Google maps got us lost in Belluno both ways).
Apparently the private taxi mentioned above was driven quite enthusiasticly. They gained 1/2hr on us between Venice and Alleghe!

Have you sorted accom? I'd recommend the EuropaSport used for the snowHead preBB.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
How many of you? Would recommend car/van hire - easy drive & door to door delivery. We had a bit of time to spare en route back to the airport & called in to Treviso for lunch. Beautiful town
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Was an easy drive (about 2h 15mins), as was sat in the jump seat of the minibus in daylight on the way back next to the driver so got to see it all. There is a big car park next to the ice-rink and if you've been to Alleghe before you know this is 2 mins from the slopes and 2 mins from the Sport Hotel (why stay anywhere else the food and staff are fantastic). Be sure to stay half board at the hotel.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I've done this drive before. I can't remember it being difficult. The highest the road gets is in Alleghe itself at 1000m and its a primary access route so would be kept clear of snow (except if your travelling at night in a snow storm).

As pointed out by Agent O, there is a big (free) car park next to the ice-rink on the approach to the town, opposite the main Civetta Gondola.

If you'd like a recommendation for cheaper, modest accommodation off that main car park, we stayed at the Hotel Garni Esperia. Very good value B&B options and a lovely bar selling its own beer (it has a micro-brewery onsite) at excellent prices!
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Quote:

As pointed out by Agent O, there is a big (free) car park next to the ice-rink on the approach to the town, opposite the main Civetta Gondola.

It must be different in the winter. In the summer you have to pay to par in that car park
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I think you're right, but I'm sure we parked for free very close to this main car park. There are a few in close vicinity. We drove, parked up, then returned to pick up the car and drive back 4 days later, and the car was always in view from the hotel. Caveat, this was 10 years ago.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Great thanks guys-sounds as if it will be straightforward to drive and have hotel booked with parking .
And avoids the possibility of ‘ enthusiastic driving ‘ which I never really enjoy!
Any advice on doing a day in San Pellegrino?
Worth a little trip -especially if we have our own transport
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Quote:

Any advice on doing a day in San Pellegrino?

Well worth doing if you have your own transport. Different feel from Alleghe - more open. Separate lift pass to Alleghe.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@pam w, thanks
I really fancy it
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Also, as you probably already know, Malga Ciapela (Marmolada Glacier) is very accessible from Alleghe (15-20 mins by car/bus). Great local skiing but also the backdoor into the Sella Ronda via Arabba.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Knee Deep wrote:
planning a short break to Alleghe and toss up between a private transfer or hiring a van.Is is a straightforward drive? ie no mountain passes or particularly windy?not a nervous driver but had an interesting drive to Canazei once over the Falzareggo pass.....

It's motorway from outside Venice airport to near Belluno with some impressive viaduct engineering up to the Santa Croce Lake. Leave the motorway near Ponte nelle Alpi. You drive into and through the suburbs of Belluno, then a well engineered road (SR 203) up the Agordo gorge. After Cencenighe it climbs a bit to Masare, but then flattens out alongside the lake. A pretty easy drive, takes about 2 hours.

It rarely snows enough under 1000m to cause problems, but I guess it is possible.
ski holidays
@luigi, thanks
latest report
Our taxi for 8 (very nice Merc) was Eur220 I think, that was just past Alleghe where we stayed before heading to Arabba. Didn't drop below 140kph on the mway... Vey easy journey tbh.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy